Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 11-01-2004, 04:20 PM   #21
doggone1
Registered

Question Enough of the Avatar discussion. This is serious!

Back to the topic at hand.

After further testing it seems that I spoke too soon. I still get program shutdowns and attempted Windows shutdowns with this program.

It looks like it's back to the technical minded amongst us to sort this one out.

Anyway, in the mean time, feel free to discuss avatars in this thread.

Regards,
Tom
doggone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:27 PM   #22
cjmaddy
Registered

Thanks T. ... Count slowly to ten, TT, it's the only way!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:30 PM   #23
Nordsvensk
Registered

I am having trouble also, since I turned off the fishes there is no more crashing, SP2 installed a file OCT-23, size 21.2mb.
But since I also installed a 19"flatscreen and Norton could be anything, just trying to decipher the error message and guess, got to go, but I miss my fish
Nordsvensk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:58 AM   #24
Marsh Marigold
Still Folding

{note to Tiny: what did you think was taking me TEN seconds???}

Marsh Marigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:51 PM   #25
doggone1
Registered

Angry

I'm glad in one way that I am not the only one experiencing difficulty with this program.

Perhaps there is some incompatibility issue with SS and Windows XP SP2?

Who knows!

Anyway I'll try the aquarium without any fish and see what happens.

Regards,
Tom
Old 11-08-2004, 09:09 PM   #26
doggone1
Registered

I'm not getting any joy anymore from SS, Goldfish or Sharks. There is something obviously incompatible with these screen savers and Windows XP Pro SP2 on my system.

It looks like it back to a boring screen saver for me. I'll keep a look out here from time to time but it seems my problems are not taken seriously enough to warrant any technical response.

Regards,
Tom
Old 11-08-2004, 09:53 PM   #27
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Hi Tom. I do hope you come back and check from time to time. I'm not a techie here, just a user. But I've upgraded my XP Home to SP2 patch and have not experienced the problems you described. The only thing is the Folding at Home Program I'm running in the background does seem to interfere with the SS but when I shut it down, everything works ok. Are you running anything in the background? If not, then the only other thing that comes to mind is a user whose laptop kept closing down when he ran SS and he found that it was due to overheating which was resolved when he vacuumed the inners of his computer especially the fan component. Afraid that's all I have to offer. Best regards, Minn

Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes.

Surferminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:26 PM   #28
doggone1
Registered

Hi Minn,

Thanks for the tips. The PC is very new and hasn't had the chance to accumulate dust and my video card also has a fan to keep things cool.

I'll keep trouble-shooting when time permits but I must have some conflict somewhere.

Regards,
Tom
Old 11-09-2004, 10:46 AM   #29
Nordsvensk
Registered

I will leave my screen saver off for now, my guess is it is the monitor, wonder if the pixel settings matter at all?
I did get a tech response, nice but not that helpful..with new monitor, hooking up DSL and trying to figure out which card and adapter does what I will just let the screensaver rest for now.
My fish was swimming for 23 hours a day, this worked with the other monitor but with this it probably could not handle it (my honest opinion).
I have not had a crash since I turned of the SS, right now I don't think I have enough cards and fans anyway, can't have everything
And by the way, my computer is now vacuumed, wasn't too bad.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:18 AM   #30
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Nordsvensk,
Care to share how you chose that nick? Texas is pretty far away from northern Sweden... Perhaps you're a fan of horses?

/Tiny Mellansvensk
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:01 AM   #31
Nordsvensk
Registered

It is just the theme I am sticking with for now, I am originally from the large west coast city
I DO have 3 svenska halvblod and my first horse was a fjord horse.
So did you go to Norrland this summer, I just saw your pretty flowers, is that the name for them, how were the mosquitoes?
Old 11-11-2004, 08:45 AM   #32
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Yup, most of those flowers are from the Härnösand/Sundsvall area and some are from Mörsil by Östersund/Åre. This was probably the best year ever mosquito-wise. In Stockholm as well as up north. Too bad the weather was all crap.

As for large west coast cities – are there such. I only thought there was one city in Sweden and then some villages...

Välkommen hit, förresten!

/Tiny Calle

English-only speakers:
Nordsvensk is a breed of horses and literally means "From northern Sweden" or maybe "Northern Swedish"
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive