Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 06-23-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
peachyza
Registered

Shader Training

Hey Jim,
Haven't heard too much about how your programming is going recently. Have you had the opportunity to sit down with the guy from Prolific (I think it was) to learn about shaders? Have things been progressing the way you hope they would up to this point, or are you finding there is still a big learning curve?

I have your screen saver on my desk at work and everyday I have people who are amazed at the realism and fluidity of your beautiful and artistic creation.

Keep up the great work!

peachyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Still a huge learning curve on my part. Reichart just met with another guy who's supposed to be a real shader guru. He sent us over to a website with some impressive shader examples. Still nothing I can get my brain around, though - it's all in C++.net. I don't do .net, and have no intention of using it.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:18 AM   #3
peachyza
Registered

Yeah, I have started programming in .NET recently. It is a whole other ballgame. Well, I hope that over time your mind will be able to really grasp the concepts of shading.
peachyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive