Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-09-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
stuship
Registered

Windows Vista, DreamScene

I hope this hasn't bee covered already. I would love to see my Aquarium as a DreanScene for Vista Ultamate. Does anyone know of any Plans?
stuship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

If by DreamScene, you mean run the Aquarium behind your desktop icons, I doubt this will be a supported feature. The developer of the Aquarium is rather horrified at the idea of the Aquarium running behind a cluttered desktop full of 50 icons.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
stuship
Registered

Yes and no. Yes to it being a part of the "Animated Windows Background" scheme in the new Vista.

No for the Icons.........If you have 50 of them on your desktop CLEAN THEM UP. (please take the comment with the same humor that I hope yours was given)
Old 03-09-2007, 05:22 PM   #4
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

This has been discussed numerous times on this board and Jim's (the developer's) stance on the subjet is that it looks ugly and he's not interested in including the feature.

Personally I'm against it as I find it useless because I like to use my programs in maximised windows so I don't see the desktop wallpaper that much.

/Tiny Two Cents
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:17 AM   #5
celine
Special Assistant

Dang!!

I got admit,this DreamScene (animated wallpaper) project isn't look appealing to me either. I has been customized my OS from 2000 when I first saw Stardock's main product(which calls:"Windowblinds"). But after I went to their gallery watch those example videos. Na~~~

(Some well-done Dreamscene of file has almost over 10MB,also Stardock has start charged some scenes with : $4.95 a each !!! Totally Na~~~~)
Kanebo--woman's first choice.
celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:46 AM   #6
drfish
the Doc

Not to likely they'll have them at a high enough res for my taste any time soon. It's also not likely that there will be one subtle yet cool enough for my tastes either... That said, I can see the appeal, something that looked like the "Enigma" table from the old Epic pinball might be cool (if it was subtle), but then it might as well be a rendered thing and not a looping video... Something like a galaxy background with cosmic things going on might be night too (think Homeworld), mostly dark and unobnoxious but with the occasional "wow that's pretty" event... Again, probably better as a render, and it would need to be really hig res...

The CPU/GPU usage doesn't bother me, as long as it was smart enough to not effect performance if it was completely covered by a window. What else am I going to use up my CPU on if I'm not gaming or encoding? GUI desktops gotta start advancing sometime of we'll never end up with Minority Report esque setups...

Edit: Oh, and they would have to be free of course, I'm not paying for that crap.
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:57 AM   #7
celine
Special Assistant

It is freeware,some "Dreamscenes" files which created by "Stardock Design team" is non-free.(now has 2 for sale.)
Kanebo--woman's first choice.
celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:30 PM   #8
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Doc,
Anyone considering an Antec Nine Hundred is automatically not allowed to use the word "subtle"...
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #9
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Have the aquarium running as a desktop would be great. For me anyway because I don't have any icons on my desktop. But I do know what Jim means about it running behind a bunch of icons. There is nothing I hate more then seeing a nice desktop picture and have icons on top. No matter how little you may have. But that's me.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #10
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

So what's the difference between running the SS on your desktop with nothing on top of it and running it fullscreen the way it works today?

Old 03-10-2007, 07:54 PM   #11
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Not much. But this way it can be running while you surf the web or what ever else you do. Plus you won't have to keep turning it off an on when your done. If you know what I mean.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #12
drfish
the Doc

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle:
Doc,
Anyone considering an Antec Nine Hundred is automatically not allowed to use the word "subtle"...  
You got me there... It's funny that I'd consider a case like that and yet can't stand icons on my desktop... I thought of another one I would like though, a PCB with traces on it where little "jolts" would get sent along from time to time, could be cool...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #13
stuship
Registered

Darn, I was hoping for a different answer. I don't like having to flip back and forth between SS and the desktop.

I agree about the subtleness. I have downloaded a couple from Wincustomize and they are too busy for me. I like the one with the Chicago Skyline because of the fact that it is subtle. Not to mention that the subject is my hometown.

As far as the "pay for" aspect, I don't mind paying for something that is worth it. Such as..............Marine Aquarium. Most of the things you will see on wincustomize will be free from those that love to do that sort of thing. I am glad becuse I am not talented in that area.

It all comes down to personal preference. I am just putting my voice out there because Just as paying for SS and the Upgrade to 2.6 I WOULD fork over the cash to have it. IMHO
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive