Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 09:55 AM   #161
Jim Sachs
Developer

Morgan - Ask Ricci if the ability for the Aquarium to remember if was last run in a window would also be a welcome addition.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Old 03-01-2004, 07:51 AM   #162
pvernam
wobbegong

Hi all. I've been a Marine Aquarium fan for over a year (I have the V1.0 CD), but only discovered this forum this weekend because I was looking for news on the new widescreen version (I have V1.1). Yesterday I read this entire thread and saw that there has been a lot of discussion on this topic lately (and that, in December, Reichart gave an ETA of 1/15). Is there a new ETA for a non-beta release? (I am building an HTPC and would dearly love this for my plasma display!)

Also, I've been to the Roku Labs web site and it certainly looks like they are offering an HD version of MA. Is that the same code and, if so, are they advertising vaporware?
Old 03-01-2004, 08:22 AM   #163
drfish
the Doc

Wow, that Roku Labs thing looks pretty freaky... There's no relation...
I don't watch commercials.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:38 AM   #164
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

That Roku thing is a complete hack, rip-off of SereneScreen Marine Aquarium. Sick the Prolific lawyers on them! It says they are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. That's not so far, Riechart could drive over there himself and kick their arsses!
Patrick
Old 03-01-2004, 09:40 AM   #165
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Link to Rip-off which (hopefully) is about to be shut down
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:46 AM   #166
drfish
the Doc

Am I missing something? Is this anything more that a lame imitation (ugly fish, 30 second looping mpeg)? There's nothing legally wrong about it, is there?
Old 03-01-2004, 09:52 AM   #167
Jim Sachs
Developer

Well, I could forgive my old friend Anthony Wood for ripping off the Aquarium, but mixing fresh and saltwater fish?
Jim Sachs
Old 03-01-2004, 10:28 AM   #168
drfish
the Doc

Yeah, those aren't the right kind of anglefish... I'm not wild about the metallic look either... I guess it could work for people without HTPCs, but still, $70?!?!
Old 03-01-2004, 10:35 AM   #169
feldon34
Forum Administrator

That is the most pitiful thing I've ever seen. The fish are metallic caricatures of the real thing and he wants $70 for a 30 second pre-rendered animation loop of these things? What a joke.

I am not sure what having a 30 second video clip of this on a 64MB memory chip is supposed to accomplish. Are there plasma TVs that will play back HD video off a memory card? I've never heard of such a beast.

Then again he thinks he can sell a $500 HDTV photo/mp3 player. You can get a modified XBox that will do the same thing AND play videos AND let you share files across the network for $275.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
Old 03-01-2004, 10:39 AM   #170
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Jims right . Fresh water fish in a salt water tank is just wrong . And stupid . If I had that program running with the fresh water fish in the salt water setup people would look at me and think I was a stooge . And they would be right .
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:24 PM   #171
Wizwad
Only me...

That is a very sad site. Overpriced products that are based on other peoples' hard work. The metallic effect on the fish in the aquarium looks interesting for the first couple of seconds, but then looks more and more awful - it's like having robot fish swimming around. Yuck. And many of the pictures in the art packs look just like those on the Webshots site. I hope I'm doing them an injustice, but I don't think I'll be revisiting, much less buying anything from that site.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Old 03-01-2004, 12:56 PM   #172
pvernam
wobbegong

I had not looked at the Roku aquarium close enough to notice that the rocks/coral were completely different from MA, or that some of the fish were freshwater (I'm a SCUBA diver but not an aquarist). Shame on them.

Now that it's been cleared up that they are most certainly not running Prolific code, can anyone tell me when I can hope to get HD MA?
Old 03-01-2004, 01:15 PM   #173
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Reichart, Schnaaps?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-01-2004, 01:54 PM   #174
Jim Sachs
Developer

The latest Beta looks good to me. I have no problem with Prolific releasing it for mainstream distribution.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-01-2004, 01:54 PM   #175
Jim Sachs
Developer

Reichart says this week.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-03-2004, 02:45 PM   #176
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

Soon. Very Soon....
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com
Old 03-04-2004, 03:31 PM   #177
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

I do not have all the art and text ready for the website yet. But there is no reason to prevent you all from downloading that version now. Fans Enjoy!!! The serenescreen.com website should be all linked up this afternoon or early evening.

In the future, please don't post links to EXEs on our site. Morgan, Jim Sachs, Reichart and I along with a few others who post them coordinate with us when they do. Thanks for your consideration.
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com

Last edited by feldon34; 03-04-2004 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:41 PM   #178
feldon34
Forum Administrator

SereneScreen Marine Aquarium 2.01!!

There is now a single download of the Aquarium which contains the Regular, Widescreen, and Multi-monitor versions of the Aquarium.

This is being made available to the fans first.

<a href="http://feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2269"><font size="+1"><b>REDIRECT &gt;&gt;&gt;</b></font></a>
Closed Thread
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive