Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 07-20-2001, 10:50 AM   #1
feldon34
Forum Administrator

* For those who didn't sign up for the E-MAIL *

I've reproduced the subscription e-mail here for anyone who didn't sign up for it...

Version .99L contains the following features:
<li>Koran Angel
<li>Three Stripe Damsel
<li>Queen Angel (teenager)
<li>Flame Angel (new photo)
<li>Starfish that moves along the gravel floor and, with a little privacy, can climb up on the glass.
<li>Volume control bar
<li>Light + shadows now radiate from the bubble column
<li>"Always on Top" applies to Windowed Mode
<li>'EnergyStar' toggle/setting, so when the Aquarium runs, you can keep your monitor from sleeping
<li>Now fully compatible with Windows 2000 & XP when used in non-Administrator mode

Why can't I play other sounds while the Aquarium is running in a window?
In order to add the Volume control bar, Jim has had to switch over to DirectSound which has introduced a bug that affects RealJukebox on a few systems and maybe some other programs. Generally, the Aquarium is well-behaved as a window, but occasionally, turning off the sound in the windowed Aquarium turns off the sound in some other applications. If you have these problems, please post them to the forum.

Why is the Aquarium download so much bigger now?
Adding the Volume bar meant Jim had to rewrite the sound routines using DirectSound. DirectSound doesn't seem to want to play compressed sounds, so for now, Jim is having to use the uncompressed version of the sound. In the near future, an incremental upgrade of the Aquarium will resolve the problem and the file will only be about 100kb larger than .99K was.

I don't like this new Queen Angel, who do I complain to?
The old Queen Angel had to be changed due to copyright issues. The new one is one that Jim Sachs photographed himself and one that he is very happy with. This issue has already been discussed extensively in the chatroom and, to a lesser extent, the Forum. So please do not complain on the Forum or Chatroom about this. We know some people miss the old version and the new version may not be to your liking, but we'd hope the other 19 fish will be. That's the point of having so many fish, you pick and choose the ones you like!

Why do all previous versions of the Aquarium ask for the key after running .99L?
This is a side-effect of improving compatibility with Windows 2000/XP and there really isn't a work-around. If you want to switch back and forth between .99K and .99L, I suggest having your product key/serial number 'copied' and ready to paste (press Ctrl-V) when it asks for your key.

Where do I report bugs?
Jim Sachs, author of the Aquarium, is going on vacation for 2 weeks. If you have problems getting the Aquarium to run, please e-mail Service@serenescreen.com. If you experience bugs or would like to express an opinion about the Aquarium, please post these to the Forum.

So now that that is all out of the way, please head to
http://www.serenescreen.com/Aquarium99L.exe
and download away!

-Morgan
Operator of Inside the Tank fan website, forum, and chat

So how do I get the Starfish to crawl up on the glass?
Are you really sure you want the secret spoiled?
Ok, the Starfish wants a little privacy to crawl up on the glass. If the Starfish is right next to the front of the glass, hold the DOWN arrow key on your keyboard to bring down the foreground lights. With any luck, after a few seconds, the Starfish will crawl up onto the glass. Then press UP arrow key to watch it. Note that, without Automatic lights enabled and without the above step, the Starfish can't crawl on the glass, and, once its on the glass, can't crawl back down onto the gravel.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 10:54 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: * For those who didn't sign up for the E-MAIL *

Any comments, questions, concerns, compliments, bug reports for .99L should be continued here:

pub41.ezboard.com/fsachsa...=549.topic

Questions about the Starfish can be covered in the above topic, or in the topic below:

pub41.ezboard.com/fsachsa...=547.topic
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive