Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 04-29-2006, 08:44 AM   #21
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Jim has always claimed that he was an artist first and a programer second, I think thats one thing that makes his aquarium stand out from the rest. There are others that are catching up, or passing in some ways what he has done as far as the logistics goes, but they will have a very difficult time matching his artistic flair.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:26 AM   #22
Jim Sachs
Developer

By the way, I went to an incredibly nice aquarium shop today - Old Town Aquarium in Chicago. Probably the nicest aquarium store I've ever seen. The tanks were all so clean I thought they couldn't be more than a year old, but when I asked how long the store had been there, I was told "30 years!" They have the tanks cleaned weekly. For anyone interested, the address is 1538 N Wells St. Chicago, IL 60610. (312) 642-8763
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:06 AM   #23
drfish
the Doc

I'll be driving within a few miles of there today on my way to the GCCA swap... Depending on what happens at the swap maybe I'll stop by on the way back, thanks Jim!
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:46 PM   #24
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Jim,
Long trip (or was it related to Jill's school?) - Did you get any nice photos? (of fish - not Jill )

The fish in the pics at http://www.oldtownaquarium.com sure look nice (the yellow tang ant the trigger is exceptionally clean).

Doc,
GCCA? Is that the Gulf Coast Cycling Association, Greater Colesville Citizens Association, Graduate Careers Council of Australia or Georgia Christian Counselors Association? Then again, Greater Chicago Cichlid Association seems somewhat appropriate...

/Tiny Acronyms
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:09 PM   #25
Jim Sachs
Developer

Tiny - Yes, we were visiting Jill at school, then celebrating an anniversary. Now we're in Asheville, North Carolina. Going to see the Biltmore Estate tomorrow.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-30-2006, 04:16 PM   #26
drfish
the Doc

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle:
I figured I was safe since I had already spelled it out in another thread (that and it's google's first result)... I'll get some pics of what I got there soon, I'm quite pleased! But I didn't take the time to stop at the place Jim mentioned, once I had the fish bought I rushed home ASAP to get them in the tank. So far everyone's doing great but I'll talk about it in my Nano Rift thread later...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:02 PM   #27
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Jim,

You are only a hop, skip, and a jump from my neck of the woods now. If you head back this way give me a call and stop by..........

You need to go up and spend a few days in and around Gatlinburg in the Smokies, and then head on down to Atlanta and see the Georgia aquarium.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:20 PM   #28
Jim Sachs
Developer

Won't have time. Taking off from Charlotte on Wednesday morning.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-01-2006, 07:34 AM   #29
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Ah well maybe next time. Let me know and I'll take you on a tour around the area if you want.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #30
Jim Sachs
Developer

Went to the Biltmore Estate today, and had a really great time. Got a lot of ideas for the new house. I wish they allowed photography. At least the Casio is small enough not to be noticed. For our British friends, the Biltmore house is significant because it is so typical of our "second homes" - country residences which most middle-class Americans own.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Biltmore2.JPG (346.6 KB, 100 views)
Jim Sachs
Old 05-02-2006, 01:09 AM   #31
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Ah, thanks. now I understand.

/Tiny Euro
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:11 AM   #32
cjmaddy
Registered

"... so typical of our "second homes" - country residences which most middle-class Americans own."

Only one? .... No third and forth!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:47 AM   #33
Wizwad
Only me...

Your second house looks like that?

What does your first house look like? Versailles?
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:22 AM   #34
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

So what did you think Jim? How long did you get to spend there, and did you take any of the "behind the scenes tours"?
Old 05-02-2006, 07:39 AM   #35
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Originally posted by Wizwad:
Your second house looks like that?

What does your first house look like? Versailles?  
Look, Cliff. This time it was the European who missed the American irony. There goes your theory...

/Tiny Axiom

Old 05-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #36
Jim Sachs
Developer

Oh, I'm sure Wiz got it

Jav - Spent the whole day there, but didn't do any behind-the-scenes tours. Next time.
Jim Sachs

Last edited by Jim Sachs; 05-02-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #37
Wizwad
Only me...

Don't forget that I already know what Jim's house looks like - or bits of it, at any rate!
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:11 AM   #38
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Of course you do, but that killed my joke, so I chose to overlook it.

Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive