Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 08-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #41
Jim Sachs
Developer

If I had known you guys were so easily pleased, I would have posted screen shots of a blank screen when I first started.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:09 PM   #42
cjmaddy
Registered

... Don't know about you, but I'm not too keen on that shade of blue background colour.

..... That thing looks like something from a Citroen car ad.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:15 PM   #43
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Well as long as you are giving out tidbits, would you mind telling us where that section is planned to reside? And correct me if I'm worng here, but I am trying to visualize your creative process, which for me is a difficult thing. I will be the first to admit that I am not creative in any where near the same way you are.

Basically you go out and conceptualize what you want to create using real life examples that you find, and then you have to build the structures to fit the textures that you will use in the product. Is this very basically correct? I know I am leaving out many many other aspects, but am only refering to what you have shown us here.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:36 PM   #44
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

In the cold hostile world of the internet ouitside this forum that post would constitute a loud and clear "Owned", but not in here of course...

/Tiny Leet
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:43 PM   #45
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Mechanics and logistics etc., I can handle with no sweat; I could build doc's tank with my eyes closed. Painting a picture is beyond me. Taking a picture is a different story as I can frame in what I want, and get where I want to be. I guess its the same here. Morgan is creative as all get out. He can design stuff I could never do. But I can read the code for what he did and understand why it needs to work the way it does and replicate it in another manner using that as an example. I can even look at finished stuff for here and fine tune it, and I can tell when something "looks" or "feels" off, and needs to be adjusted. But as far as "creating" it in the first place, I'm lost.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:06 PM   #46
cjmaddy
Registered

[thinks] .... I think I understand Jim's screen shots better than I understand Tiny's comments...[/thinks]
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:00 PM   #47
Jim Sachs
Developer

Ha, ha - Me, too, Cliff.

Jav - The initial "creative" process in my mind is the easiest part. I just close my eyes and transport myself a couple of years into the future. I look at the screen and see the final product in all its detail. Then I come back here and learn how to make it happen.

My daughter is very creative, but can also get very organized when she needs to. She was just in here a few minutes ago, making a list of all the critters I should make for the Creature Packs. We went through Morgan's Wishlists, and picked about 30 animals. Now she'll help me narrow that down to 20 for the 2 packs, based on availability of real specimens for me to study. Of course, I can't even start on that until I do 3.0, but the new background needs to have specialized areas for the beasties to play in (a cave, a large sandy place, a sea anemone for the clownfish, etc.)

By the way, she had never really seen the "Inside the Marine Aquarium" site before, and just loved the look and feel of it. So much friendlier and more interesting than the corporate-looking Serenescreen site. I agree with her.
Jim Sachs
Old 08-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #48
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

ROFL @ Jim, If only it were that easy.

PS. Grab a paper or something while you are there in the future and come back with some lottery numbers or something.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:14 PM   #49
Jim Sachs
Developer

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Jim Sachs
Old 08-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #50
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Yeah I know, but you forgot which drawing its for, right?
Old 08-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #51
Jim Sachs
Developer

Must I do EVERYTHING?
Jim Sachs
Old 08-29-2006, 04:52 PM   #52
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

1. A request for screenshot although there isn't much to show.
2. A plain "no" based on the very fact that there isn't anything to show.
3. A "Hmpf" at the no as being uncooperative (but wit acceptance of waiting)
4. A screenshot as per the request, but also not showing anything (which was the original reason of the "no".)

Hence "Owned" (feed "owned" and "leet" into Google if you need further definition)
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:58 PM   #53
Jim Sachs
Developer

I just don't fit into this modern world anymore!
Jim Sachs
Old 08-29-2006, 05:15 PM   #54
Wizwad
Only me...

OK then, forget the scuba diver; a nice little mediaeval castle would be good in the aquarium, if you insist.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:08 PM   #55
Simple Steve
Registered

I think a lot of the people on this board don't have a clue how long it will take Mr. Sachs to complete 3.0, or the effort it takes to do something like this. There's a reason I never got into programming. It's tedious, time-consuming, and sometimes frustrating work. The little bit that I've done is enough to convince me that I made the right decision in my IT career choice. I certainly wont say that I've done coding on the level of Mr. Sachs, but I think I can say with certainty that wishing him to go faster aint gonna make it happen.
Simple Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #56
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Wow! Screenshots of 3.0! Incredible!
Jim, in the second shot, I think you've got a dash misplaced. I'd hate to see the anemone eat the clown fish because of a misplaced dash. Everything else looks good though. Keep up the great work!
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:39 PM   #57
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

love the screen shots as well..especially the fading to blue effect from line 33-1.... but how cum there is an hour difference from your screen capture and post.. Maybe that is where some of your troubles are, you are writing code while in the 4th dimension.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:49 PM   #58
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Well so far the most we have learned from these latest verbal rejoinders is that Jim is done within 2 years, because thats where he went ahead and looked at it.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:29 AM   #59
Highlander
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
OK, here are two screenshots of what I'm working on right now. Welcome to my world.  
hehhe thanks Jim (better then nothing).

BTW uninstall Norton antivirus it is to heavy on systems.

I use NOD32 very light and very good

Greetings from Belgium
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups !
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:39 PM   #60
PFM
Registered

Jim:

Add me to the list of folks anxiously awaiting 3.0. Keep up the good work.

-Paul
PFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive