Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 08-21-2008, 05:04 PM   #1841
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

ROFL
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #1842
enigma63941
Registered

Originally posted by Mith:
OK, I'm back... did it get released yet?  
That would be a negative. I suggest you take a relaxing vacation and come back here in '09. I'm pretty sure that at least the beta will be out by then. I'm hopeful that I downloadable version will be out before '09, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't quite ready. It'll take time.
enigma63941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:55 PM   #1843
Derrek
Registered

Let's just hope we don't hear, "Due to market demand I've stop work on MA3 and will refocus my efforts back onto the freshwater aquarium."
Derrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #1844
Mith
Registered

Originally posted by enigma63941:
That would be a negative. I suggest you take a relaxing vacation and come back here in '09. I'm pretty sure that at least the beta will be out by then. I'm hopeful that I downloadable version will be out before '09, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't quite ready. It'll take time.  

Well poo... I just TOOK a vacation (month of July)... I ain't got no mo time!

No problem... I have managed to find a nice comfy spot here on the forum.. I will just sit here waiting....... and waiting......... watching all you people come and go with tears in your eyes... maybe I'll throw penuts at you whilst you're leaving... heh...

AWTY? (offician new acronym for "are we there yet")
Mith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:16 AM   #1845
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
As to whether it's necessary, here's the reaction of Prolific's in-house Beta Tester upon trying out MA3 for the first time yesterday  
Clearly not all beta testers are created equal. Just remember the feeling you've had in movie theaters after watching a particularly bad movie -- "I can't believe this movie got made." and then think "I wonder who was in the focus group that said this was a good idea..."
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:17 PM   #1846
Jim Sachs
Developer

Almost ready to send the Fish-Picker interface to the Alpha testers. Just have to add the 28 fish descriptions.

It's not quite as intuitive as I'd like, but it's probably good enough for a first-release.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #1847
rctneil
Registered

Sounds like a great next step to beta!
rctneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #1848
enigma63941
Registered

Originally posted by Derrek:
Let's just hope we don't hear, "Due to market demand I've stop work on MA3 and will refocus my efforts back onto the freshwater aquarium."  
LOL...at least Jim is working on "Something"!
enigma63941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:28 PM   #1849
rctneil
Registered

Hello Jim,
Is there any chance that you could add a checkbox or something in to the settings to make the fish slightly glossy. I am no expert in fish or aquariums but everytime I see fish in an aquarium (I saw a piccasso fish at the Chessington World of Adventures Sea Life centre the other week and recognised it because of MA 2.6) they seem slightly gloosy and it in my opinion would make MA 3 even more realistic than it will be and the option of gloosy or not should satisy everyone.

Thanks

Regards,
Neil
Old 08-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #1850
Mith
Registered

Almost ready to send the Fish-Picker interface to the Alpha testers. Just have to add the 28 fish descriptions.

It's not quite as intuitive as I'd like, but it's probably good enough for a first-release.  

Have "we" (eh hem) already picked these Alpha testers sir??

(Mith jumping up and down waving hands)
Old 08-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #1851
henemly
asdf

Ya, they already been picked. It's back in the thread somewhere I think.
http://www.coltrain.byethost8.com
henemly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #1852
Mith
Registered

Originally posted by henemly:
Ya, they already been picked. It's back in the thread somewhere I think.  

CRAP... lol

HEY, if we pay for the program first, can we participate in the testing???
Old 08-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #1853
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

The alpha testers are people picked by feldon and myself that have been forum members around here since the beginning 8 years ago. We have all had dealings with each other for so long on the forum that we know what to expect and so do they. Plus they are all generally computer guru's so that if something goes wrong with their systems they know how to correct it.

That way we don't take a chance of messing anyone's systems up, or need to worry about sneak shots showing up anywhere else.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #1854
Jim Sachs
Developer

Neil - saltwater aquarium fish seldom have any shine to them, in fact most are as flat as velvet. I have not yet been able to get specular working in my Shaders, but the only fish currently in the tank that really needs it is the Copperband.
Jim Sachs
Old 08-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #1855
Mith
Registered

Originally posted by Jav400:
The alpha testers are people picked by feldon and myself that have been forum members around here since the beginning 8 years ago. We have all had dealings with each other for so long on the forum that we know what to expect and so do they. Plus they are all generally computer guru's so that if something goes wrong with their systems they know how to correct it.

That way we don't take a chance of messing anyone's systems up, or need to worry about sneak shots showing up anywhere else.  

Oh OK, that makes sence. I guess I'm just anxious... hehe... and although I know more than most about computers, I probably don't know enough to give Jim the meticulous info that he'd need...

I'll continue to stay on the sidelines and root the testers on I guess... LOL
Old 08-23-2008, 02:45 AM   #1856
mZex
Registered

hey - been reading this forum for a while - thought about time I posted

As if jim would make bad programming - I'm sure it will fly through testing and will be released for my Christmas presant

Any news on if there's any mac MA3 in the pipeline [/optimism]
mZex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:24 AM   #1857
rctneil
Registered

Question

Neil - saltwater aquarium fish seldom have any shine to them, in fact most are as flat as velvet. I have not yet been able to get specular working in my Shaders, but the only fish currently in the tank that really needs it is the Copperband.  
Ok Jim, I guess no glossy option for fish needed. As I said I don't know much about fish and or aqauriums. Thanks for answering my question.

Also, Have the multi-monitor issues been fixed now?

Regards,
Neil
Old 08-23-2008, 10:09 AM   #1858
Jim Sachs
Developer

mZex - Yes, the Mac version is already under development.

Neil - The multimonitor code is in place, but there are a huge number of scenarios possible. Right now, we're having problems when ATI and nVidia cards are mixed in the same system. I'm sure the Alpha testers will find a lot of issues when they get their hands on it in the next couple of days.
Jim Sachs
Old 08-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #1859
jmsquared
Registered

It's hard for me to imagine MA any better than it is. But I am really looking forward to MA3. Can't thank you enough Jim for all your work and talent. I'll be honored to be considered a beta tester. Makes me feel like I contributed to the project (Ok not so much), just trying to be patient.
jmsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #1860
debavocet
Welcome to the Quack House!

mZex - Yes, the Mac version is already under development.  
Will MA 3 be compatible with older versions of Mac OS X? Also older video cards - mine is 32 MBs and isn't interchangeable. Just hoping...
debavocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive