Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-03-2002, 03:33 AM   #1
DennisT
Registered

Registry Cleaner !!

Ok I fixed my Stretched Starfish by using the registry cleaner (thanks Morgan) and re-entered my keycode and all is well....BUT can I please ask again, what is the problem?

See thread

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...=&threadid=653

at the bottom of the page and my stretched starfish. I still don't know what has caused this and I hope I don't have to keep cleaning the registry each time this occurs.

Cheers
Dennis
DennisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 04:01 AM   #2
DennisT
Registered

Cool

I'm hoping by bumping this back up the forum I may get someone to answer my questions above.

Cheers

Dennis
DennisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 09:41 AM   #3
Shinsa
Registered

Dennis T,

I never brought this up directly (but I did hint to it) that you can make the starfish do some really ugly things by messing with the registry settings for the starfish.

Making registry changes, and not knowing what you are doing can keep windows from starting, so don't mess with it unless you know what you are doing.

While testing ver 1.1 I noticed the reg settings for the starfish, and promptly began "tweaking" it. After a short time I discovered some settings had a MAX value, and if exceeded would cause terrible "harm" to the starfish. I have streatched the creature horizontally, making it look slightly simialr to your picture.

I have also made it dissapear comletely by giving it a position off screen, where it can not return from. I was also able to place it dead center of the screen, never saw it climb that far on its own before, but I figured it was its highest possible, "legal" position on screen.

So to me, it looks as if the problem you are having is something screwing around with your registry settings. Wait, of course we know thats what it is, since running the REGCLEANER fixes the problem.
Bob

"When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."