Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 08-09-2002, 06:54 PM   #1
dimo

Cool Mac OS X troubles

I have some problem with aquarium. When I run application in full screen everything works fine(rate approx.45-47fpc.) , but when I run screen saver - it works very slowly(less than 10fps.)and it's necessary to enable videocard saving mode in preferences to receive 15fpc.

I use mac os x version on my Titanium Powerbook G4(500MGZ), 8mb video memory, mac os x 10.1.5 installed.Display resolution millions of colors.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Dimitri
Old 08-10-2002, 08:12 AM   #2
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

The 8 Meg video card on the first generation TiBooks is just BARELY able to support full screen mode on the wider screen that the TiBook has when you check the "Economize video memory" button. If you switch to thousands mode in the monitors control panel you'll get better performance. You can also reduce the shimmer setting to improve performance some, but the bottleneck is your video card.

The application has more freedom with what it can do to get better performance than we have in the screen saver framework.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 12:53 AM   #3
Adam Betts
Registered

Jim, is there any way you can set the screensaver to switch resolution automatically? If you can't, is there any workaround to the limitation of the screen saver framework in current version of MacOS X?

Adam Betts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive