Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 09-24-2005, 05:21 PM   #1
Ex_Brit
Geordie

Cool "Pixellation" on my new LCD monitor

This is kind of difficult to describe, but I recently switched monitors to a Samsung 713n 17" LCD monitor. 1280 X 1024 32bit @ 60hz refresh rate. I've noticed that some small areas of the screen are sort of pixellated into square elements, some actually are void of colour, at least on the corals. The fish are fine however. In settings I've disabled the "Limit frame rate" as it was causing jerky movements in the fish.
It's the sort of pixellation one sees occasionally on digital TV pictures except this is stationary and always in the same areas.
Other screensavers behave fine and I don't see it in other images or websites either.
Could this be because of the higher resolution? It was 1024 X 768 before. Or, could it be that my download which I've kept stored on removable media is corrupted?
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Ex_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:42 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, it's from stretching the 1024 image to 1280. Try the widescreen version, it's 1280. (You will have a black band at the top and bottom, though.)
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:17 AM   #3
Ex_Brit
Geordie

Thanks Jim, that cured it.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Ex_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive