Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-03-2006, 08:02 PM   #181
SDA
Registered

No Keycode Yet....

Been an owner of the screensaver since Oct '2000...several emails to customer service...well I guess the upgrade it is free, so what should I expect...
SDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:40 PM   #182
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Since the very first public release of the Aquarium was back in September of 2000, you must be one of the very first SereneScreen customers! (along with Mrs. Nichols). Good for you. I'm sure you're not being overlooked just because it's a free update. You do not mention the time frame within you've posted these e-mails - for some it takes days to receive a response while others receive one much faster.

/Tiny Four Months Behind You
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #183
JamesLA
Registered

Why I bought Marine Aquarium

I just purchased Marine Aquarium 2.6 today. I had just recently purchased
a widescreen flat panel monitor and wanted a great quality aquarium screen saver to enhance my screen. I have been checking out/researching several Aquarium screen savers including Aquatica, and Aquazone. After seeing great reviews about Marine Aquarium on Amazon.com, I visited Serene Scene website and forum. I must say I was really impressed with the research and mostly the attention to quality and artistry of the fish. I am blown away with the realistic quality and attention to detail that Jim Sachs, the programmers, and support team have put into this product. Many of the rival products may have offered more options but the quality was lacking (too cartoonish), and it is the quality of such a visual product as aquarium screen savers that is all important.

I look forward to future upgrades and I know that this product will only improve. So far, I'm very pleased with the overall quality
of Marine Aquarium. It looks awesome on my new monitor.

James
JamesLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #184
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Thanks for the kind words James, and Welcome to the forum.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:53 PM   #185
Ziphiid
Registered

Angry Thanks for the great update

I am very pleased with the latest update. The new fish look great!

Now, are we going to have to wait another 2 years to see anything new? What have you got going on now...we want juicy details.

Also, thanks to Prolific for the reduction in pricing.
Alright Scotty, now beam back my clothes.
Ziphiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:25 PM   #186
Jim Sachs
Developer

SDA - please don't send multiple emails to Customer Support, it just clogs up the system. Auden has several hundred emails to answer, and it's really impossible for him to remember you when he comes upon the second or third email (they all look alike). Therefore, he has to waste a lot of time researching your case each time he gets one of your complaints.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:43 AM   #187
roseangel
Registered

Originally posted by SDA:
Been an owner of the screensaver since Oct '2000...several emails to customer service...well I guess the upgrade it is free, so what should I expect...  
Check that you are able to get replies from them - there is a warning that emails to AOL were being blocked, and when I didn't get any reply at all on the automatic keycode check, I eventually tried changing to a hotmail account and it worked. My normal email is from a different provider to AOL, so some of the other internet providers are also blocking the emails from serenescreen.
roseangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:44 AM   #188
Jim Sachs
Developer

There are currently around 1500 bounced emails in the SereneScreen inbox.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-04-2006, 07:19 AM   #189
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

Well I just got my e-mail, this morning.. so they are running and the system is working, however slowly it may be.. be patient... good things come to those who wait..
bugsymcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:24 AM   #190
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

How come you're doing so much of the customer communication for Prolific these days, Jim? Isn't the idea that they would take care of such things for you - not the other way around?

/Tiny Reversal
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #191
SDA
Registered

Wink Customer Service

Thanks to everyone for their advice in how to receive a new keycode. Following is where I stand:

1) I do not use AOL for my registered email address with customer service
2) I have sent multiple emails because I was asked for additional information, and told to follow up with them
3) I have provided all necessary information that would show that I qualify for the free upgrade
4) I originally asked for a free keycode as soon as it was announced that version .99D customers would qualify.
5) Usually (and in this case) "the customer is always right,"
Old 03-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #192
Jim Sachs
Developer

Tiny - they're too busy handling the emails!

SDA - Sorry, from your previous post, it wasn't clear that the multiple emails were in response to questions from Prolific. I thought that it was the usual "Well, it's fifteen minutes later and you !@#$* guys STILL haven't responded!!!". If you were a v.99 purchaser, then you will get a free upgrade. It just takes some time, because the database from 5 years ago is a little shaky.

P.S. When I was doing customer service, I found that the customer was usually wrong
Jim Sachs
Old 03-04-2006, 12:03 PM   #193
Eddy'sEddy
Ms. Pat

Not being nasty, or asking for any more help. I got a reply to my email saying even though I was a 99D Version, 2.6 was an upgrade and I was not entitled to a free code. I receive this email 3-2-06. It was signed by Wendy Customer Service. I really hope the others get their free 2.6 codes.
Eddy'sEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:12 PM   #194
Jim Sachs
Developer

Wendy has been helping Auden with customer service, and might not have been informed that early Beta customers get free upgrades. I have sent a message.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #195
jleslie
Engineer

I asked customer service and got an e-mail saying I was entitled to a keycode, but no code yet. Hopefully it'll be along soon as Monday is my Birthday, and that would be nice timing....
(In case you're wondering, I'm "something" again... not sure what yet... but definitely something...)
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:04 PM   #196
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Well Happy Birthday. Just incase I forget on Monday. And it will be a nice gift.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:35 PM   #197
Eddy'sEddy
Ms. Pat

Thank You Mr. Jim Sachs for getting in touch with Windy. She has emailed me a 2.6 key code. I hope others are also helped too because of your email.
Eddy'sEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:00 PM   #198
jleslie
Engineer

Bingo!

(and thanks...)

(one tip for others - Yahoo mail is putting all the serenescreen e-mails in my bulk folder, so don't just empty it without looking for a while!)
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:48 PM   #199
SDA
Registered

Thanks from me too...I received my new keycode this afternoon as well.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #200
Socrates
Sage

Sent in an email on 3-2 about being a pre-prolific .99 purchaser, and got back my code this morning. Good work!
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive