Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 05-07-2003, 07:56 AM   #61
camorgan
Aquaman Dance Party

By the way, I figured I should take the time to post and thank Reichart, publically, for getting my problem resolved. I think that's it's nice to get a kudo instead of a gripe once in a while.
c a m o r g a n
www.outpost31.com
camorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:34 AM   #62
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Its very nice.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 12:18 PM   #63
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

No sh*t...
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 11:50 PM   #64
Boxcar
Registered

Big Grin

I too am having the "email not in database" problem. It sucks to be excited about a product I enjoy and have issues with every new keycode change. I can recall two distinct times when I was left out due to not being in the database and having to email for support (once when a new beta download was announced and then with the first keycode change). It's disappointing to not be included on an updated list with each new frustrating occurrence and its eventual solution. I hope this is the last time I have to deal with such an issue after emailing tech support late Sunday (4/4) night. I adore the product and am thankful for the updates that we customers are given, but what a drag to have the same issue pop up every time.

As said before, it's hard to love such a harsh mistress, especially when she never remembers your name.
Boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 09:45 AM   #65
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

1. Q: I can recall two distinct times when I was left out due to not being in the database….but what a drag to have the same issue pop up every time.

A: Yes, this is a shame. Luckily, very very few people have this problem. But given the shear number of customers, it is going to happen to a few. Numerically though, your chance of being forgotten is less than being struck by lightning (which is annoyingly common, like more than 1 in 100K flashes, given the usage of the phrase)

Based on what you wrote, here is what happened. You signed up back in Beta (before we took over, and built the database). So when you had the first problem, you were handled manually (and if I were you I would consider that an honour). Almost every person that says to us they are not in the database came from the old days. We got about 97% of everyone that was part of the Beta days for MA.

There was no database, so the way we got everyone into the Database was to write some pretty cool programs here to mine through every single email received or sent to Sachs, or the tech guys back then. 97% is pretty good. But if the email was more chit chat than Keycode, such as someone may have written “How do I run the beta” and did not use any of the keywords like “unlock, code, Keycode, serial, etc.” then we may have not gotten that person in.

As an example, I named the code, “Keycode” because I knew early on that we might get people who confused our product with one of those horrible versions, such as even the 2D stutter vision versions. And this paid off. We often get tech support emails from people for someone else’s product. This costs us time and money. But it is a quick fix when we see “Serial Code” or “Registration Code.”

Our tech support is running about 2 days late right now (meaning 4 days total), due to some of the new products we releases. People have some amazing questions. If you do not get your Keycode by tomorrow, please feel free to contact me directly through private message here.

2. Q: As said before, it's hard to love such a harsh mistress, especially when she never remembers your name.
A: I promise, I will remember your name…ur, what is your name?
Old 05-20-2003, 02:23 PM   #66
WILLYPR
Registered

Reichard, I just e-mailed you with my information in order to get the new code. I hope you can help me on this. I reported thru your support e-mail a few days ago with no answer yet.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Willy
WILLYPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 04:46 AM   #67
MadBob
Guitar Man

@Reichart

you state that getting struck by lightning is more likely than being passed over for the database, but you then mention 3% fail on database and .001% for getting struck :P

I am actually surprised you keep all the old emails, makes me feel kind of imortal.
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 11:58 AM   #68
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Center for Disease

1. Q: you state that getting struck by lightning is more likely than being passed over for the database, but you then mention 3% fail on database and .001% for getting struck :P

A: Correct, Lets say your odds of getting struck by lighting is 1 in a million. Your odds are even more remote (will happen less often) than that of not being in the databse.
So far, we find that in every case a person says we some how forgot them, or the database is missing them, in fact what happened is they signed up very very early, before we (Prolific) built our database, or were even working on this project. Before that the base was email, and kept by hand.
I don’t have any evidence at all of people not being in the database that asked to be in the database. People are assuming that if they ever sent an email, to any person in our company, or to Sachs himself, they were magically placed in the database. This simply is not true. And all said, I have only fielded about 20 such issues over the past 2 years.
So, the 3% is referring to people being moved from Email to the database.
AND
In order to get in the database, you have to manually and consciously check the box that says something like “Yes, send me spam…I mean…email notices”
2. Q: I am actually surprised you keep all the old emails, makes me feel kind of imortal.
A: Yes we do. We keep everything that was keepable. Meaning, back in the old days some of the emails were lost. Your emails have been requested by the FBI 4 times. Watch out 

P.S. If you ever want me to decode the marketing b*ll of the CDC, I’m thinking of making this a service. Based on the way they present stats, one would think every human being will get VD by 18, die of HIV, be reborn only to die again from second hand smoke, or heart disease, or breast caner (regardless of your gender), then be reborn again to die of a disease no one has heard of.

And, jokes aside, if anything I wrote about the stats is not clear, I would be more than happy to get more specific.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:20 PM   #69
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Re: Center for Disease

Originally posted by Reichart

A: Yes we do. We keep everything that was keepable. Meaning, back in the old days some of the emails were lost. Your emails have been requested by the FBI 4 times. Watch out 

And, jokes aside, if anything I wrote about the stats is not clear, I would be more than happy to get more specific.
Plleeassee, let me know if the FBI asks for mine. I need a good 24 hr. head start.
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 06:34 PM   #70
MadBob
Guitar Man

Re: Re: Center for Disease

Originally posted by Marian Nichols
Plleeassee, let me know if the FBI asks for mine. I need a good 24 hr. head start.
and thats just to do your hair
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:22 AM   #71
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Re: Re: Re: Center for Disease

Originally posted by MadBob
and thats just to do your hair

Right
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:41 AM   #72
CoralReef
Registered

Cool MA2 upgrade...

Is there another option for those who do not have a credit card? I have the store-bought version 1.0 and would like to upgrade. Is there an address to write to that a person could pay for and recieve the new keycode via the mail?
Thanks
CoralReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 09:54 AM   #73
hammer1head
Registered

Big Grin Purchased Superpak plus! at store,downloaded MA2 upgrade?

Hello,
I went to the store and purchased Microsoft Plus for Windows and your( SereneScreen) has the Aquirium on it. So I wanted to add extra fish so I paid the extra 5.96 for the upgrade.
It downloaded fine. I can demo it fine. But the problem is it doesn't register. It just sits there until I close the cd installation program. I keep putting in the cd but it says to put it in?? I had my virus program off. I removed all screensaver programs.
Whats up? Hope you can help. I still have the installation program on my destop. And I still have the fish on my desktop.
Thanks,
Hammer1head
hammer1head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 10:10 AM   #74
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Hey hammer1head. First off welcome to the forums. And second that does stink that you are having that problem. Someone here will be able to help you out with that. My guess would be either Jim who made the program or Morgan or Mike who run things around here. Morgan is the one who made this great site we are on.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 10:11 AM   #75
hammer1head
Registered

Unhappy Can't get upgrade to Register?

I got Windows Superpak plus at the store. I downloaded and purchased the 2.0 upgrade for 5.95. I deleted all fish screen savers. I turned off my virus. I got a product upgrade with a keycode in email too. I have the setup program and the 2 fish on my desktop. The problem is that, when I registar , and I put in the superpak #1 cd, then cancel the install, nothing happens.. I click O.K. but it says to put in the cd?? What gives? Have I been taken for the 5.95? Please Help!!!
Old 03-13-2005, 10:13 AM   #76
hammer1head
Registered

Dragon, Do you think this "Will this happen soon?" Thanks for replying by the way. Hammer1head
Old 03-13-2005, 10:16 AM   #77
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Ok buddy. Calm down. No you have not been taken for your money. There has been a lot of people that had the same problem. You can thank MicroSnott for that. Like I said, some one will help you as soon as they get on. I really wish I could but I can't. But trust me, you will get help.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:58 AM   #78
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Tech help

Hammer1Head,

Please send an email to Support@SereneScreen.com

They will help you directly.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:17 PM   #79
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Hammer1head,

Unfortunately if I am reading what you are saying correctly, you can't get there from here, and you have Micro$oft to blame for it. The version included on the Plus pack is not the full version, it is a 3 fish Demo only that Micro$oft forced Jim to make. He gets no revenue from this at all. It was intended as a Demo only and Micro$oft was supposed to tell people this. Instead they raised the price of the Plus Pack and told no one. I am sure Jim will address your concerns when he next arrives here.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 01:19 PM   #80
klyntun

hammer1head,
I also became acquainted with MA through MS+ for XP. Like jav400 says, that is just a demo version. I bought the full version and registered it, then upgraded from there as upgrades were released. I think you'll have to buy the full version in addition to the upgrade price. Sorry, but I think it is definitely worth it.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive