Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #761
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I think that's the intention, to have the etched look as an option for the time/date.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:08 AM   #762
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #763
Wizwad
Only me...

Originally posted by Jean-Pierre Marro:
Bonjour Monsieur Jim Sachs,
Je me suis inscrit sur le site «SereneScreen», depuis des années j'ai en ma possession plusieurs écran de veille;(Depuis le 1 ere que vous avez créé).
Ils sont tous très jolis mais ce dernier «Marine Aquarium 3» bien que pour l'instant il soit encore sous la forme «Beta» est une splendeur ... je remercie tous les participants a ce programme et j'espère avoir très vite la chance d'avoir le programme définitif .
Bravo a monsieur Jim Sachs pour cette merveille.
J'espère être prévenu des évolutions futures,
Merci par avance.
Jean-Pierre  
I think it goes (loosely) something like this:

"Hello, Mr Jim Sachs.

I have registered on the Serene Screen site. For several years since you created the first one, I've been collecting the various screen savers. They're all really lovely, but this latest one, Marine Aquarium 3, even though it's still in beta, is a splendid! I'd like to thank all those who participated in the program and I look forward to getting the finished article really soon.

Bravo, Mr Sachs, for this marvel! I hope this is a preview of future developments.

Thanks in advance."
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #764
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, Mark (and Jean-Pierre).
Jim Sachs
Old 12-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #765
Eyesuckle
Registered

I have installed Marine Aquarium three and think that it looks superior to the old version in all ways but one. The background is far more realistic, and I love the scanning effect. It's beautiful!

However, I have to say that (on my computer) the motion of the fish is less realistic than it was in 2.6. I'm noticing a slight Ray Harryhausen effect. The movements of the fish are just not quite as smooth as they were in 2.6.

Thinking that perhaps the program is pushing the limits of my computer's graphics card or CPU or something, I tried reducing the number of fish, but that very slight stutter is still there.

Any ideas? Have other people noticed that the movements of the fish in this new version are not as smooth as they were in the old?
Eyesuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #766
Jim Sachs
Developer

The fish movement is what I've been working on for several months.

But you are right about the higher equipment requirements. What frame rate are you getting?
Jim Sachs
Old 12-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #767
rctneil
Registered

How is the fish movement going?
rctneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #768
Jim Sachs
Developer

Verrrry slowly.
Jim Sachs
Old 12-10-2009, 07:08 AM   #769
spetro
Semper Paratus

Hey there all. First post from South Florida! I think the program is GREAT so far and can't wait for the evolution. I love being involved in the development of a program such as this. Much of my time is spent in and around water, being a part of The US Coast Guard and free time on the ocean, everglades, and surrounding lakes.

As for Jim....I've been lurking for a few weeks here. Your work is great and there is no hurry at this end for progression. What happens will be at a pace that is comfortable. They sure the heck didn't rush Van Gogh.
Just want to acknowledge your work and thank you for the previous programs. I was able to upgrade from 2.6 with no probs. Running ZT Quad core 2 Intel with W-7 (64)
spetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #770
Jim Sachs
Developer

Hi, Spetro - welcome to the Forum and thanks for the kind words.
Jim Sachs
Old 12-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #771
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

I too would like to WELCOME you to the boards.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #772
mrtew
Registered

I have been a huge fan of MA for many years and absolutely love the the current beta but I have a suggestion for making it seem even more realistic. To my eye the fish look too similar in size to eachother and wonder if you have considered or even tried making some three times as big as others, or even better, custom scalable in the settings?

P.S. May I please have control of the lights for x-mas? (I have MacOSX)
mrtew
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #773
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, there is a scale function built into the new fish models. I've played with fish sizes over the years, and it's hard to judge if it would be effective. Generally, the smaller fish just seem farther away. When I introduce schooling behavior, size and pattern differences within the school would probably be more noticeable.
Jim Sachs
Old 12-13-2009, 04:17 AM   #774
Simple Steve
Registered

So can someone give me an idea of when this might be ready for purchase as a finished product? I know it takes a while to create something like this, but you know, damn!
Friends don't let friends eat carp.
Simple Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:12 AM   #775
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Jim has said the it will probably never be "finished" until they lower him in the ground. MA 3 is finished when you think it is............................ If you are satisfied with it the way it is now - then for you it is finished. For Jim - there will probably always be something he is tweaking or playing with..............
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:56 AM   #776
cjmaddy
Registered

Simple Steve, - I agree with Michael, there is absolutely no reason to wait any longer, and to not buy MA3 in its present condition. - It is the best Marine aquarium simulation out there... bar none! - Purchase it now and enjoy it. Then watch it develop even more over the years to come.... Just like we have all been doing for more years than I can remember! ..... I made a one-off payment, a LONG time ago, and I have never regretted a penny of it!

Buy it NOW!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #777
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Simple Steve:
So can someone give me an idea of when this might be ready for purchase as a finished product? I know it takes a while to create something like this, but you know, damn!  
Finished? October 2017.

Just buy it and enjoy it!
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #778
Jim Sachs
Developer

It's already about as "finished" as any software out there - it's in the stores and available for download on SereneScreen.com. I plan to keep improving it, as I have for the past decade.
Jim Sachs

Last edited by Jim Sachs; 12-13-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #779
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

And a great job too.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #780
RA
Registered

Last edited by RA; 12-14-2009 at 01:36 PM.
RA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows