Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
Splashy
Registered

Resolution in Windowed Mode

I got a 32" Samsung 1080p LCD screen and I'm using it as my second monitor.
My main monitor model is Viewsonic VP930 (resolution 1280x1024).
I'm running MA3 in a window on the 1080p monitor but it seems to run at the primary monitor's resolution (1280x1024) instead of 1080p (I can see this by enabling the statistics info).
The only way I found to make it run on 1080p is to make the Samsung monitor the primary monitor and I don't want that.
If the windows size is 1920x1080p and the resolution is 1280x1024, isn't there a loss of quality?
Is there another way to set window resolution without setting the Samsung monitor as primary?
I want to use MA3 in a window so that I can work on the Viewsonic monitor and see MA3 on the Samsung LCD.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

P.S. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Ultramon 3.0.10.
Splashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
cjmaddy
Registered

Trying to run MA3 in a window across two monitors, or in a window on the secondary monitor alone, is not possible without greatly reduced FPS. The only way to attain normal FPS is to set up the window on the primary monitor, and work on the secondary...... Like I am doing as I write this!

You should be able to make the window any size or shape you want, on either or both monitors, but the FPS will drop immediately any portion of the window encroaches onto the secondary screen..
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
Splashy
Registered

OK, I understand.
I'll set the Samsung monitor as the primary monitor and run MA3 as a window on it.

Thanks for your quick reply.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
Vinz Clortho
Servant of Zool

You have to use an HDMI cable to get 1080p don't you? Since you can get it to work Splashy, I assume this must be what you are doing. I'm just mentioning it for other forum members who might read this in the future...
Vinz Clortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
Splashy
Registered

Yes, I'm using an HDMI cable.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows