Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 01-12-2002, 01:37 PM   #1
ProStreet
Registered

Cool Picture next to the Message Icon

I was just wondering, in the thread list some peoples threads have pictures next to the Message Icon. I just wanted to know if we can have pictures there and how to install them there. Also there are pictures under the authors name in the threads. ie feldon23 has a Koran Angel under his name and Socrates has a Regal Tang. Again can and how can we do it.

Last edited by ProStreet; 01-12-2002 at 01:43 PM.
ProStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 02:11 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

You can provide us with a picture, or you can use one of the defaults.

Click on "My Settings" and go to "Edit Options" in the top bar.

You can change your "Avatar" at the bottom to one of the dozen defaults, you can upload your own 60x60 image, or you can e-mail an image to me at feldon@feldoncentral.com and I will rework it into a nice 60x60 image for you (sharpening and clearing up the image so it looks good at that size).
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 02:16 PM   #3
The_Thrill
Nittany Lion

ProStreet,

Im not to sure what you mean by the icon next to the post becuase you have one next to your post in the list of threads. And the image underneath your name is called the avatar. It can be accessed by clicking the "mysettings" button and clicking the edit "options link". Its at the bottom of that page. There you can select from some coices or you can upload your own, as i have done.
Thrill
The_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 04:31 PM   #4
ProStreet
Registered

Re: Picture next to Message Icon

The clown fish was not there in the list of threads when I posted it. I don't know where it came from.
Old 01-12-2002, 04:35 PM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I provided 9 example avatars.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 06:21 PM   #6
ProStreet
Registered

Not the avatars, the pictures in the first column of the list of threads. Some have pictures some have none. They also seems to change.
Old 01-12-2002, 06:34 PM   #7
grape_jellyfish
Registered

The clown fish that show up on the left of a thread is there to mark a new thread you have not yet read or a thread that has a new post that you have not read. When you click "Inside: SereneScreen", and see some new clown fish, then you know you have some new post to read.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's learning to Dance in the Rain.
grape_jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 06:16 AM   #8
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

And if you click the arrow next to the topic, it will take you to the new posts that you haven't read yet, once you have read them the Percula Clown at the front of that topic will go away. After you have read all the new posts, you can go to the main screen at the front, and click on mark all forums read, and all the little arrows will be taken away, and the yellow check mark on the main page, which also tells you there are some new posts, will be reset to normal.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 03:22 PM   #9
ProStreet
Registered

That makes it easy, thanks
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive