Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 06-27-2003, 01:00 AM   #1
telstra111
Registered

Angry recording fish video

Does anyone have a simple method of recording the screensaver to a video file? I searched the forum for this but surprisingly only found vague references to it. I have found a way to do it, but it's time consuming and not very elegant. Thanks.
telstra111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 09:29 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Not necessarily an answer to your question, but there *is* a DVD coming apparently.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 02:13 PM   #3
abeery
Developer

I'd be curious as to what you are hearing from people on this one. I've been using SuperCapturePro (www.supercapture.com) to capture upto 10 frames a second to AVI files. These I can then convert to a series of jpegs using Paintshop's Animation Shop.

The goal is to create a sprite bitmap (8 x 32) array of a fish for animation purposes. The target platform is under-powered but small (I'll say no more on the subject) and so the normal Serene rendering code is not a viable option.

The work is labor intensive and I am always looking for a better approach.
abeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 08:13 PM   #4
Socrates
Sage

Hypercam is a great program.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 02:25 AM   #5
telstra111
Registered

I used Camstasia Studio to do the capture. Initially I tried running the saver at 4fps and the cap program at 5fps to make sure i got every frame. I have not heard of Supercapturepro or Hypercam, but I'm assuming they work the same way.

The capture worked fine. I exported the video as one bitmap per frame in Premiere and then ran Cytek Duplicate Image Finder to pull out the duplicate frames.

I next reassembled the video at 30fps. It was moving faster than normal. To increase the smoothness of the motion and slow it down I ran it through Motion Perfect to to halve the speed using frame interpolation.

The results were OK but it didnt look as nice as the actual screensaver. The frame interpolation creates atrifacts in some situations. At the moment the quality isnt good enough to make it worth creating my own personal DVD.

I could experiment with adding motion blur and varying the capture rates to see If I can get more frames per unit of fish movement (I'm not sure what the relationship is at the moment).

So you see its quite a Job! It would be great if the program could render to file, but I'm guessing that feature would mean a lot less DVD sales

Hey, if the DVD is not expensive I'd buy it. Would love to turn my big screen TV into a fish tank.
telstra111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive