Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-26-2003, 12:34 AM   #1
rmcohen
Registered

Screen Saver Won't Gracefully Vanish

One of the issues in V1.x seems to remain in V2: Depending on various system activities the screen saver minimizes itself to the system task bar (WinXP Pro). This seems to be non-standard behavior; all other screen savers simply terminate.

The issue is that I can't just kill the screen saver at this point but rather I'm forced to maximize it and then use the mouse or a keystroke to force it to go away. This is pretty cumbersome.

Is there a way to overcome this behavior?
rmcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 11:13 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The Aquarium is minimizing because of a notification from e-mail or instant messenger software, or perhaps a scheduled task/utility.

Minimizing has been the requested behavior here on the forums.

In the near future, the Aquarium will have a checkbox to NOT minimize when one of these notifications appears.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 01:03 PM   #3
rmcohen
Registered

Yes, the checkbox option is desirable. You might also consider a right mouse context menu where a simple Close option is available.

Interesting about the minimize requests as this is pretty non-standard when it comes to screen savers.
rmcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 08:10 AM   #4
Electronic Punk
Twisted Animator

Having the same problem, the above solution would be nice.
My computer auto=powers up at 10am and tends to be idle for 9 or so hours.
Electronic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 10:38 AM   #5
doverguy
Registered

I would agree that the checkbox option is desirable since minimizing a screen saver to the task bar is very unusual behavior. From what I have always seen, the norm seems to be that screen savers simply terminate and then restart themselves again after the set number of idle minutes has passed.

I have several scheduled tasks that run every night and each morning I now wake up to find MA2 running minimized to the task bar.

I had the same problem in V1.1, but V1.1-7 solved the problem.

I just hope the checkbox option is added in the next version, since using MA2 as a minimized screensaver is just a waste of system resources for me.
doverguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 12:07 PM   #6
jwdd
Registered

Minimzing

MA2 minimizes for me also. I have no tasks scheduled or email program running.
jwdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive