Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 01-13-2004, 10:06 AM   #41
HiAll
Registered

I have a laptop, with the NVIDIA Quadro4 700 GoGl chipset. By using the "span" setting in horizontal or vertical I am able to display the screen saver across both monitors.

I think this is working becouse the driver is DirectX aware, and is managing the 2 monitors like one monitor set to 2048 by 768 rather than 2 individual montors set 1024x768.

Well for those of you with laptops and the Nvidia chipset, drag out the extra monitor it is worth it!
HiAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 11:42 AM   #42
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Having even the 1280x768 aquarium stretched across 2048x768 looks pretty strange.

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forump...aldisplay3.jpg
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 01-13-2004 at 02:37 PM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 01:34 PM   #43
cjmaddy
Registered

That's the 1.1wide (1280x720?), isn't it? ..... but I agree it still looks pretty strange. - In fact I think I'd go even further, and say it looks terrible! ...... Just my opinion though! - I like things in the correct format.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 02:37 PM   #44
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Fixed me post.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 01-13-2004, 05:21 PM   #45
cjmaddy
Registered

Knowing as we do, Jim's dislike for defacing his work, (desktop icons, Russian hacks, etc.), I can't help but think he must cringe whenever he sees his work stretched, distorted, blurred, and badly colour balanced, as in some of these multi screen presentations that people post and rave about, - and then go on to say they look, - "awesome" !
(I wonder if they know that 'awesome' can also mean 'frightening' and 'dreadful'? )

I think we should coin a new word for them ...... "awful-some!" ...... Just MHO! - (of course!)

Everyone has the right to their opinion, I agree! ...... But whatever happened to quality and accuracy?

"It'll do!" ...... will NOT do, in my book! ................................ (Rant over! - with apologies!)
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 05:50 PM   #46
Ricci
Registered

Re: Any Update ?

Looks like my post was overlooked ;-)

Originally posted by Ricci
Please can someone tell me when dual screen version will be available?
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 05:50 PM   #47
Jim Sachs
Developer

Well said, Cliff!
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 06:06 PM   #48
Jim Sachs
Developer

Ricci - The problem has always been that the Aquarium is a DX6 application, and dual-screen is very difficult in DX6. Prolific is working on a DX7 version which may support dual monitors. I'm making the Freshwater Tank in DX8, so dual should be no problem.

Anytime you get into the business of satisfying that last 1% of the audience, the workload skyrockets. Supporting a machine with 2 different types of video cards, set to different refresh rates, different resolutions, different bits-per-pixel, different clock speeds and a different amount of video ram is like writing a whole new program. And that's just to DUPLICATE the picture on both screens. Stretching a single image across them is a whole new ballgame.

If it's something that is easily taken care of in the drivers (like DX8), then sure, I'll throw it in. But at my age I really need to move on to more productive things if I'm ever going to get 1/10 of the things done which I still hope to.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-13-2004, 06:33 PM   #49
Ricci
Registered

Thx Jim, yeah I know the dual screen has been an issue since the beginning. Just wanted an update as the last "official" post I had seen from you (>1 year ago) was that prolific were working on it and that they thought it would be ready soon... Famous last words :-)

On a completely different subject: will we be able to buy the fresh water aquarium before the official v1 release, like happened for MA ? (Did not realise it was soo long ago - Just seen my original registration email dated: 02/09/2000 !!!!!)

Anyway, keep up the good work, and any chance of a freshwater stingray ? ;-)
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 09:13 PM   #50
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, the Freshwater Aquarium will be available for sale during the Beta Test period.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-13-2004, 09:16 PM   #51
kona001
New Husband and new Aquarium

can't wait
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:17 AM   #52
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I've divorced the Widescreen discussion into its own topic. Hope you don't mind my marital surgery.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive