Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-22-2006, 12:45 AM   #1
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

Marine Aquarium 2.6 is here.

Prolific has released Marine Aquarium 2.6 on the website http://www.serenescreen.com.

Aquarium 2.6 contains two new fish and all the functionality of Marine Aquarium 2 and Marine Aquarium Time 2.

ED Note: Marine Aquarium 2.6 is a $9.95 upgrade for Marine Aquarium 1 and Marine Aquarium 2 users (even online purchasers).

Marine Aquarium 2.6 is a free upgrade for owners of Marine Aquarium 2.5 CD. Additionally, we are going to be offering MA 2.6 keycodes to all owners of the bundle versions of MA2 and MAT2. Prolific will be emailing our bundle owners free keycodes during the next few days, so please be patient.

Thanks again to Jim Sachs for all his hard work, and to the Order n dev team for coordinating a OS X release at the same time.
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com

Last edited by feldon34; 02-22-2006 at 08:55 AM.
Schnaaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:04 AM   #2
skypx
Dual Xeon

Cool!!

Asus Rampage II Extreme|Intel Core i7 965|Corsair Dominator 6G|Western Digital VelociRaptor|Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB|Seagate Barracuda ES.2|EVGA 9800 GX2|LG GGW H20N|Sony BWU 300S|Pioneer DVR-215L|Logitech G9|Dell 3008WFP|Cooler Master Stacker 832|Thermaltake W0133RU
skypx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:30 AM   #3
HisDudeness
Registered

YEAH but the new Angelfish does not render properly on my MAC. The old one does but not the new one!!
Waste of $9.95 update as I thought this was the new 3d moving background that has been waited for for so long. I,d like my update fee back and I,d like to revert back to my previous version. I dont like the clock thing either and wont use it anyway as I think it makes the scene look unrealistic, Also the update says it costs $5.95 for owners of the previous version but I had to pay $9.95 for this.
HisDudeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:55 AM   #4
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

This is from the serenescreen site:

Marine Aquarium 2.6 is now available.
Prolific Publishing, the maker of the blockbuster hits "SereneScreen Marine Aquarium and "LifeGlobe Goldfish Aquarium, updates its product line with the much anticipated release of SereneScreen Marine Aquarium 2.6, for Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS X receives this update as well.

Marine Aquarium 2.6 is built from the technology of Marine Aquarium 2.0 and Marine Aquarium Time 2.0. Previously, in order to receive all these features you would have to purchase both products and switch between them. The Tiffany style clock is customizable, removable, and includes the ability to add your favorite art or logos for our corporate users.

Marine Aquarium 2.6 features the same twenty five fish from the original Marine Aquarium and Marine Aquarium 2.0. Marine Aquarium also boasts the addition of the two new fish. The new fish which have been added to the tank are the Achilles Tang, and the amazing Clearfin Lionfish increasing the number of fishes in Marine Aquarium Time 2.6 to twenty eight. Users may now enjoy the expanded livestock configurations these new fish provide.
How can you say you didn't know what it was? No where in there does it mention the 3D background in this version.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:11 AM   #5
jwdd
Registered

I own MA2 MD. Does this version qualify for the free upgrade or do I need to purchase the upgrade for 9.95?
jwdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:12 AM   #6
loub516
Registered

I put my 2.0 keycode in and it doesn't work.
LB
loub516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:37 AM   #7
jleslie
Engineer

I have MA2-MD and MAT2 but not as a bundle, as I was given the MAT2 keycode for being a long-term customer (as I suspect many here were). It will be interesting to see if I get a keycode for 2.6 (if not I think I'll wait for the 3D background).

My original purchase decision, all those years ago :-), was based on liking the fish a lot but not the background, but knowing a free upgrade was promised to the 3D background (all the fuss at the time made me think it would be 3 months or so, but that's just the way it goes). It will be interesting to see what fish get bundled in with the 3D version and if it is actually free to existing users (since 2.6 appears not to be).

Wow - I was just looking at the MAT keycode e-mail. It's dated "Fri, 21 Feb 2020 19:23:27 -0800", does time fly or what?!?

John
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:56 AM   #8
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by HisDudeness:
YEAH but the new Angelfish does not render properly on my MAC. The old one does but not the new one!!
Waste of $9.95 update as I thought this was the new 3d moving background that has been waited for for so long. I,d like my update fee back and I,d like to revert back to my previous version. I dont like the clock thing either and wont use it anyway as I think it makes the scene look unrealistic, Also the update says it costs $5.95 for owners of the previous version but I had to pay $9.95 for this.  
You can turn off the clock. Let's please handle the problems you are having with the Mac version (performance, texture problems) on the Mac forum. General comments about Marine Aquarium 2.6 are fine here.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:58 AM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by jwdd:
I own MA2 MD. Does this version qualify for the free upgrade or do I need to purchase the upgrade for 9.95?  
Originally posted by loub216:
I put my 2.0 keycode in and it doesn't work.  
I have to tell you, I am a bit disappointed that there is no upgrade path for people who have Marine Aquarium 2 and want the 2 new fish but not the clock. $9.95 is steep for 2 new fish.

Originally posted by jleslie:
It will be interesting to see what fish get bundled in with the 3D version and if it is actually free to existing users (since 2.6 appears not to be).  
This will be very interesting. Indeed, the 3D version is supposed to be free to existing users of Marine Aquarium .99D -> 2.0.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 02-22-2006, 08:58 AM   #10
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

HDude,
When you say angelfish - do you mean lionfish? Mentioning "the old one" (singular form) is what makes me venture this guess. Could you post a screen dump of the defective specimen?

/Tiny Drakfisk
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:35 AM   #11
loub516
Registered

If you have purchased Marine Aquarium 2.0 you can simply download the latest version from the product page and use your keycode. This will only work with the Marine Aquarium 2 line.
This is a quote from the FAQ page for 2.6. If you can't do this why is it in the FAQ?
LB
Old 02-22-2006, 10:42 AM   #12
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

This is a quote from the FAQ page for 2.6. If you can't do this why is it in the FAQ?
LB,

The rest of the web site is not in synch with the binary posted. I'm sure that there will be many confusing things until it gets straightened out.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #13
loub516
Registered

I have to tell you, I am a bit disappointed that there is no upgrade path for people who have Marine Aquarium 2 and want the 2 new fish but not the clock. $9.95 is steep for 2 new fish.
I'll wait and see what happens with the 3D background. 9.95 for two fish? NO WAY!!!
LB
Old 02-22-2006, 11:23 AM   #14
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I appreciate the efforts of JR (Schnaaps) and the rest of Prolific as well as Jim O'Connor and the rest of Order-N-Dev to launch new versions of the Aquarium on Mac and PC simultaneously. I just think we were a little surprised by the pricing structure.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:31 AM   #15
jwdd
Registered

I could understand the upgrade charge for those that only purchased MA. A lot of us purchased MA and MA Time separately rather than as a bundled item. After all MA Time wasn't even available back when I originally purchased.
jwdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #16
loub516
Registered

I also purchased both and to pay half as much as the original program for two fish ain't gonna happen.
LB
Old 02-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #17
Ricci
Registered

Cool

Can we please have some clarification on this.

I am an original MA beta purchaser, which included add on critters and 3d background ( both to be released at a later date)

Do I now need to buy updates, or will the 3d background and critters be separate add on for v2.0, or am I confused and got it completely wrong?
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #18
RA
Registered

Originally posted by jwdd:
I could understand the upgrade charge for those that only purchased MA. A lot of us purchased MA and MA Time separately rather than as a bundled item. After all MA Time wasn't even available back when I originally purchased.  

Originally posted by loub516:
I also purchased both and to pay half as much as the original program for two fish ain't gonna happen.  

Ditto on both of these.

$5 a fish!? Is that per pound or per fish?

The two new fish are great, Jim. Good work! I especially like the new Lionfish.

Have not yet decided whether it is worth it or not..... I mean, I have every Aquarium that Prolific has put out.... and then some others ......
RA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:18 PM   #19
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Maybe we need to get some clarification from Jim S. on this, but my original understanding was that the 3D background would be a free upgrade for the people that started with Jim Sachs way back when ( like before the 1.0 version). The additional charges were to be for unusual fish and creatures that will require much more work to accomplish since they will be more complex, and are made to go in the aquarium after the 3D background in the form of "creature packs" that would be made available when that point is reached.

Jim may wish to correct me here if I am wrong.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:31 PM   #20
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

JimR isn't in the office yet.

Let's ask him about ad hoc bundle buyers (bought each product individually) and see what happens.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive