Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #221
hayc59
VoodØØ Child™

*Update
Got me code today and thank you all!!
ãrê ¥Øu êxpêriêncêÐ
Never Forget

God Bless America

hayc59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:50 PM   #222
GreenHsiF
SereneScreenFanatic

Jim you said that the fish are getting rarer after these two new fish that you made,but I noticed on the wish list page there are alot of cool looking ones that you haven't made yet.

When 3.0 comes out will there be alot of fish from that wishlist page that will make it to the new aquarium,could you name some of them from that list that will make it,the ones that have no chance,and the ones that are a maybe?
GreenHsiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:19 AM   #223
Jim Sachs
Developer

It's very difficult for me to make a fish that I haven't seen in real life. Nearly all the common ones are already in the tank. Yes, there are plenty still on the wishlist, but where can I find them?
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:58 PM   #224
virtualcharlie
Registered

Multi-monitor Still not what it should be

I've just tried version 2.6 and am not happy with multi-monitor support. I'm still getting three copies of the same fish doing the same things and this looks less than realistic. I'd love the fish to swim between the monitors but would be happy if the fish just behaved differently. Thus, I don't see much reason to pay for an upgrade at this point.

I would pay my entire (November 2000) purchase price again for realistic multi-monitor support.

There are a few posts about a version three in this thread, when can we expect version three and will realistic multi-monitor support be part of the feature set? Is there a link devoted to version three?

Thanks again for a great product.
http://charlie.balch.org
virtualcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:57 PM   #225
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Half the forum is devoted to what we might see in version 3. Anything referencing 3D background, moving coral, etc. counts.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:16 PM   #226
virtualcharlie
Registered

Thanks Feldon,
I did read a lot of speculation about version three in this thread but didn't read the speculation in the rest of the forum.

I'll be interested in seeing what actually happens. 3D on a 2D screen will be interesting. Will I have to wear special glasses? <GRIN>

Once again, MA has been a great product for years. Also for years, the only update I've been very interested in is multi-monitor support that allows for the screens to be different.
http://charlie.balch.org
virtualcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #227
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Marine Aquarium has supported 3D glasses since the beginning (although the background image is just a 2D bitmap with 3D fish swimming around it). But that's not what I'm talking about.

I am talking about moving away from the current pieced-together coral "painting" and replacing it with a fully realized 3D background. This means that rocks, coral, plants, etc. will be 3D objects that move. Shrimp would have rocks to crawl over. Eels would have alcoves to hide in. Bottom-feeding fish would have coral to peck on. Furthermore, the background will be nearly two screens wide and thus the "camera" can pan back and forth producing an extremely realistic effect. Oh, and it should look kickass with 3D glasses too.

Of course this is what we've been anxiously awaiting for about ~5 years now. Good things come to those who wait?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #228
Falz
Registered

Will there be another "upgrade" charge for 3D background in 3.0 or whatever you know, the update we were always promised free?

I'm tempted to just shell out the $5.95 upgrade for the latest version, but am I going to have to pay another "upgrade" fee to get what I should have got for free many years ago?
Falz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:42 AM   #229
Jim Sachs
Developer

If you've been with us that long, then you shouldn't even have to shell out the $5.95.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-26-2006, 08:51 AM   #230
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Prolific wont bundle the 3D background into a new product that will be a $9.95 upgrade?
Old 03-26-2006, 10:59 AM   #231
Jim Sachs
Developer

My plan has always been to make 3.0 a free upgrade, then charge for additional creature packs. I will try to convince Prolific to do this.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-26-2006, 05:37 PM   #232
Falz
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
If you've been with us that long, then you shouldn't even have to shell out the $5.95.  
I never bought MA Time.

Actually, I decided I will hold off on purchasing 2.6 or GA2 until they put FSAA control into the config. This is my 100% most needed option (since NVIDIA profiles don't work for screensavers).
Old 03-26-2006, 05:38 PM   #233
Falz
Registered

My plan has always been to make 3.0 a free upgrade, then charge for additional creature packs. I will try to convince Prolific to do this.  
Considering you pay to upgrade to 2.6 from 2.01, 3.0 isn't a "free upgrade" any way you look at it. Unless you bought 2.6 as your first version.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:15 PM   #234
Jim Sachs
Developer

Or didn't upgrade to 2.6.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-26-2006, 09:54 PM   #235
Falz
Registered

Or didn't upgrade to 2.6.  
3.0 will be free from 2.01 but 2.6 is a pay to upgrade?

You're going to make everyone mighty confused.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:32 PM   #236
Pyros9
Registered

Cool

I looked at the Prolific site the other day and as far as I could tell I would need to pay the $5.95 to upgrade from version 2.0 to 2.6. I tried the key for version 2.0 and it did not work. I have been a member and registered (paid) user since the very begining. What do I need to do to upgrade to 2.6 for free?

Doug................(Pyros9)
www.faddis.net

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs think I am.
Pyros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:45 AM   #237
Jim Sachs
Developer

Contact Customer Support.

By the way, I just got back from Maui, where I saw some live Achilles Tangs for the first time (lots of them, in fact). I had been concerned about getting the color right, but it seems like I guessed fairly well. The main body color varies with lighting angle and intensity, and I attempted to capture this. The "mood" of the fish itself might even have something to do with it - volume of blood flow, maybe. While snorkeling, I found several good candidates for new fish (once I start making fish again). Seeing them in motion helps tremendously.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-27-2006, 04:30 AM   #238
Falz
Registered

Hi

Last edited by Falz; 03-27-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:22 PM   #239
debavocet
Welcome to the Quack House!

Exclamation sea horse?

Contact Customer Support.

By the way, I just got back from Maui, where I saw some live Achilles Tangs for the first time (lots of them, in fact). I had been concerned about getting the color right, but it seems like I guessed fairly well. The main body color varies with lighting angle and intensity, and I attempted to capture this. The "mood" of the fish itself might even have something to do with it - volume of blood flow, maybe. While snorkeling, I found several good candidates for new fish (once I start making fish again). Seeing them in motion helps tremendously.  

The Marine Aquarium can really use a sea horse. A lot better than shrimp or whatever. Are you considering that? There must be live ones in captivity to study.
debavocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #240
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, a seahorse is slated for the first Creature Pack.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive