Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-22-2006, 01:26 PM   #21
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

Hello All,

Just to clarify some to the people who purchased the products separately. ( jleslie would be an example in theory ) we will upgrade you at no cost. We have a script that auto-generates our keycodes for us and due to the number of permutations it is no practical to post everything here.

The basic rule of thumb is that if you have the funationality of MA 2 and MAT 2 you will get a free upgrade. In the past, Jim Sachs and Prolific have always been very generous with our upgrades, especially with our fans and beta testers. (Has there ever been a beta tester on any product that has not received keycodes?)

So, the plan is...
We are going to send out an email with keycodes during the next few days for people who we can verify via our database get an upgrade. Once this is done, I would say that 99% of the upgrade questions will be answered.
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com
Schnaaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #22
jleslie
Engineer

Cool, thanks
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:41 PM   #23
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Realize that what J'O and JR are talking about is owners of Marine Aquarium 2 and Marine Aquarium Time 2 wanting to upgrade to the combined Marine Aquarium 2.6 which contains both products.

I'm trying to find out if there will be any consolation for Marine Aquarium 2 owners who just want the 2 additional fish and not any of the business/office/branding features (I consider MAT to be an office/business product).
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:53 PM   #24
jleslie
Engineer

Provided the 3D background is still provided for free I'm not too unhappy, there was no guarantee of free additional fish. However if the fish were intended as a "gee you've waited years, here's a little something for your patience" I do think they should have been free to existing users. (Or if not free there should have been 5+ fish and perhaps some more behaviours.) I get bundling MAT makes it more complicated (concept-wise, it actually simplifies Prolific's product range).

Here's hoping when the 3D arrives it'll blow us away so much we'll forget about anything else...

(Yes, I do get Prolific have been good to their customers, which is nice, in return I like to think we've been good to them too... in support, evangelism and patience.)
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #25
loub516
Registered

My sincerest apologies to prolific. Upon checking my e-mail later in the day I was sent a key code. My bad.
LB
loub516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:51 PM   #26
jwdd
Registered

I received my keycode also. Thanks.
jwdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:16 PM   #27
mvpatrick
Registered

Cool

So how does one find out whether they are entitled to a free upgrade? I have already paid for both MA2 and MAT2. Yet I have not received any keycodes for v2.6. I refuse to pay $9.95 for 2 new fish. Why must customers who purchase software continue to re-purchase it over and over again? Just wondering?
mvpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:37 PM   #28
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Prolific has a huge database of everyone who has purchased the products. It will take probably a few days to get all the emails sent, but if you are listed in them as a registered user, you should get one.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:07 PM   #29
Socrates
Sage

Originally posted by feldon29:
I have to tell you, I am a bit disappointed that there is no upgrade path for people who have Marine Aquarium 2 and want the 2 new fish but not the clock. $9.95 is steep for 2 new fish.

This will be very interesting. Indeed, the 3D version is supposed to be free to existing users of Marine Aquarium .99D -> 2.0.  

Going back to beta, I thought we were promissed many moons ago that we would get everything all the way to the 3d background as free updates. I wasn't expecting to pay anything more until the "creature packs" started.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:36 PM   #30
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

Lite tech stuff:
Due to the size of our dbase, and the computations we run when we issue keycodes, it takes a several hours to run all the updates on a server with no traffic and issue the codes. Our server is already loaded pretty hard during any update from version tracker traffic, the forum, etc... and is just takes time. We purposely balance our load to be sure that all the traffic coming in doesn't shut us down.

For those you were here when we went to version 1.0. it took over 28 hours of straight database connections to issue all the codes. Our server is much faster now, but we have more load and more customers...

Bottom line:
So, please be patient while our scripts run, and send out all the email. I will let you know when we are done.

jleslie in response to you statement...
we are very appreciative of our fans and you all are very good to us.
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com
Schnaaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #31
Wesjack2
Registered

Originally posted by Jav400:
Prolific has a huge database of everyone who has purchased the products. It will take probably a few days to get all the emails sent, but if you are listed in them as a registered user, you should get one.  
Nice to know. Thanks!

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal, if I get the fish I get them.
If not, I'm not going to do anything rash like delete the screensaver from my computer.

I'm perfectly happy with MA and over the years I've got my moneys worth and then some.

-- Jack

Long periods of drought are always followed by rain !!
Wesjack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:27 PM   #32
Vish
Registered

Can someone who already has this version post screenshot of JUST the two new fishes for our eye delight?

Thanks in advance.

Waiting patiently for the script to finish her/his/its job !!
--Vish
Vish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #33
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

They are both in the page header picture.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:31 PM   #34
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

They are already on the web pages Morgan and I maintain located https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/...ask=view&id=13
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:45 PM   #35
enigma63941
Registered

I tend to lean towards the others on their concerns on the pricing for two fish. Maybe with a 3d background I might bite right away. I was about to upgrade, but I'll wait.
enigma63941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:01 PM   #36
Falz
Registered

Um, Jim said updates would always be free. Including the 3D background.

Now I have to pay what I originally paid over again for 2 new fish?

I'll pass, thanks.
Falz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:05 PM   #37
Falz
Registered

It's good that they are combining all the MA versions into one now, but to split them off in the first place was a bit of a greedy grab for money. Now to get the "combined" version, you have to pay AGAIN even if you bought all the previous versions! LOL... shrewed Jim, very shrewed. But I'll save my money this time.
Falz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:09 PM   #38
enigma63941
Registered

I think that's why the upgrade is so high. You have to buy the crystal version. It would have been nice to offer the upgrade at a lower price for those who don't care for the crystal version.
enigma63941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:39 PM   #39
Jim Sachs
Developer

Falz - Hey, leave me out of it. I just make the aquarium. I have nothing to do with upgrades, pricing, splitting, combining, or any other business or marketing decisions.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:52 PM   #40
jwdd
Registered

Originally posted by Falz:
It's good that they are combining all the MA versions into one now, but to split them off in the first place was a bit of a greedy grab for money. Now to get the "combined" version, you have to pay AGAIN even if you bought all the previous versions! LOL... shrewed Jim, very shrewed. But I'll save my money this time.  
If you bought the previous versions of MA and MA Time you should be getting the upgrade for free. I got my keycode earlier today.
jwdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive