Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 09-07-2001, 04:18 AM   #1
hpman77
Blue Angel

weird annoying nvidia logo

Hi everybody.
I promise I didn't touch anything on my settings or installed any new drivers, but now, every 3d thing shows a nvidia logo on the bottom right of the screen. Sometimes just beveled outlines, sometimes a gray box with the logo inside...
I've treid to remove it from the settings, but I can't find anything realted to it (I supposed it was like the "show spinning logo" on voodoo cards, but I can't find any way to get rid of this annoying logo...

Any idea?
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 06:18 AM   #2
lancensign
Yellow Tang

Re: weird annoying nvidia logo

I don't have an NVidia, but I can see how that would be annoying. Things like that frankly bug the heck out of me -- it seems like overkill to get their name on everything, and I would be bothered by a logo like that as well.

Anyway, I did some Google searching for you, and came up with a utility called NVmax, which allows you to tweak the NVidia and supposedly has an option to remove the logo from the corner of your screen. I found about it about it in this forum.

I can't vouch for this software though. It's just a possible solution to your problem which I ran into.
lancensign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 06:25 AM   #3
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Re: weird annoying nvidia logo

Hi helpman,

You have probably hit the setting on your video card choices. You can turn that option on and off. Go to your display properties screen for your video card. Then do the following .. Choose Settings / Advanced / Choose the tab with your video card listed on it / Additional Properties / Direct 3D Settings In the white box in the middle you will see the option "Display logo when running Direct 3D Applications" with a check box next to it. Uncheck the box.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 02:44 PM   #4
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Logo annoys people in Sweden too

Hi, Michael. I hate to rain on your parade, but there doesn't seem to be a choice like that in the settings.

I installed the 12.41 drivers since Morgan recommended them.(The comp is a Packard-Bell iExtreme PIII-1GHz with WinME and an OEM GeForce 2MX) Before I had a steady 60 FPS in 1280x1024 and now I get 55-56, although there seems to be an increase when I lose the FPS counter (i.e. press "S"). I'm also stuck with the sucky nVidia logo in the bottom right corner. -The only people who'd be interested in the logo there would be a computer salesman who like to show off that the comp is fitted with a nVidia video card, right?

Anyway, sorry for the ramblings. Under "Additional Properties" - or anywhere else for that matter - there's no trace of an "Direct 3D settings" tab. There is one labeled "More Direct 3D" which implies that there should be a main Direct 3D tab, but at least I am not smart enough to find it.

Ideas, anyone?

/Tiny
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 07:41 PM   #5

Re: Logo annoys people in Sweden too

Here's how to do it:

1. Right-click on desktop.
2. Select "properties".
3. Click on the "Settings" tab (the last one).
4. Click the "Advanced" button on the bottom right.
5. Select the tab that has the name of your graphics card on it. Mine says "GeForce 2 GTS", for example.
6. Click on "Additional Properties" on the bottom.
7. Select the "Direct3D Settings" tab.
8. There is a section called "Performance and Compatibility Options".
9. The last one on the list is "Display logo when running Direct3D applications".
10. Make sure it's not selected.
11. That's it.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-07-2001, 09:13 PM   #6
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I am running the 12.90 series drivers right now, thats the way to get to the proper section with them. There might be some slight name changes in certain areas with different series drivers, but the setting should always be under the Direct 3D sections.
Old 09-08-2001, 09:23 AM   #7
hpman77
Blue Angel

Well, I don't remember what version of drivers I'm using, I though it was the latest one, but to make sure I'll download the 12.90 ones.

I can see a MORE Direct3d, but not just Direct3d tab, and that option you mention is not there.

Once I download those drivers, I'll tell you if I managed to fix it

thanks
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
Old 09-08-2001, 09:37 AM   #8
hpman77
Blue Angel

Missing drivers

I have the 12.41 drivers, and from the nvidia site I can only download the 12.41 ... where did you get the 12.90?
Old 09-08-2001, 10:25 AM   #9

Re: Missing drivers

The 12.90 drivers are leaked drivers. This means that they are not official drivers. They are made by Nvidia, of course, just that they are test drivers and are not released publicly. You can get them from quite a few sites. Here are a few I can think of:

www.nvnews.com
www.anandtech.com
www.planethardware.com
Old 09-08-2001, 10:40 AM   #10
feldon34
Forum Administrator

www.gamers-ammo.com
www.reactorcritical.com
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 11:22 AM   #11
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I generally use the gamers-ammo site for downloading drivers. I have been running the 12.90 drivers for several weeks now, testing them out. They have worked well for me, but I have had 2 others that reported problems with them in the chatroom. I am running a GF2 Ultra video card, and both others were using GF3 cards. One of them did say that his card seemed "testy" with drivers and he had some problems with others also.

The 12.90 version seemed to me, ( so far ) to be stable and haven't caused me any problems at all. In addition, they seemed to include some effects in some games that I noticed were missing with the 12.41 series. I will continue to test them and if I run into anything major, I will let everyone know.
Old 09-08-2001, 02:22 PM   #12
hpman77
Blue Angel

thanks!
I'll download them now. I have a geforce 2 mx 32mb

EDITED -> downloaded 14.70, seems to be the same as 12.41
downloaded 12.90, works great and the horrible logo dissapeared, thanks!
Old 09-09-2001, 10:13 PM   #13
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Most welcome helpman, glad to be of service
Old 09-10-2001, 10:12 AM   #14
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

12.90's did the trick for me too

Replacing the 12.41 with a 12.90 resulted in a "Direct 3D" tab appearing once more, thus allowing me to lose the nVidiotic logo in the corner.
Thank you, Michael (and Helpman77), I trust the recommended nVidia driver on the help page is changed into something else but 12.41, right?

/Tiny
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 09-10-2001, 10:40 AM   #15
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: 12.90's did the trick for me too

Are you guys all running 98 or 2000/XP?

The direct links for 12.90 are:

www.gamers-ammo.com/NVIDI...K-1290.zip
www.gamers-ammo.com/NVIDI...X-1290.zip

I don't want to put up a driver that has any stability concerns. For instance, 6.67 on Windows 2000 runs faster for TnT Riva cards, but at the expense of less stability.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 11:21 AM   #16
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

For all concerned, the 12.41 drivers listed on the help page are the ones listed as WHQL, which stands for Windows Hardware Quality Labs. Which basically means that they have been tested and approved there. Thats one of the reasons that we offer them. The other drivers are leaked drivers, which haven't been tested and approved and may or may not help your problems in any given situation.

In addition, www.gamers-ammo.com/ has changed their site and updated some things and done away with some others. As of now, the Detonator drivers below 7.04 are not offered for either 98SE or 2K. The reasons given were due to the fact that downloads of the older drivers were much less than any of the more recent ones. So anyone looking for the older drivers will need to go to another site now.
Old 09-10-2001, 02:49 PM   #17
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

This guy's on a Swedish ME system

/Tiny

Old 09-10-2001, 03:23 PM   #18
jimmy1975
Fish - It's what's for dinner!

12.90?!? Guys, you're sooo behind the times lol

nVidia should hold the award for the most drivers leaked. They're up to 14.70 (as of Aug 18, 2001) and you can see the full list on 3D Chipset's site:

www.3dchipset.com/beta/nv...s1xxx.html

I don't know how stable the latest one is or what the advantages over 12.90 are, but I'll install and test them anyways. That's the kind of guy I am: gotta have the latest drivers for everything
jimmy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 09:01 PM   #19

14.70?!

14.70 is *OLD*. The official Detonator XP is on the nvidia website, and that's version 21.81.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive