Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-21-2002, 08:08 AM   #1
private21
Registered

Big Grin A bug in v1.1?

Well I don't know if it's a bug or not but heres what happens..
Installed V1.1 fine, Installed New Keycode fine. Went to check my settings in V99L to setup V1.1 the same (Except now I have the Lionfish of course) changed the fishes no problem, when back to v99L to get lighting settings and the first dropdown box was blank..Its where the lionfish was selected...Went back to V1.1 and now the first selection is blank on it..Lionfish goes away. I can reselect it without a problem. Also how do I change the background color to match the original...seems I read that there was mutiple colors for tha background in V1.1 and changing lighting does not seem to affect it.
private21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 08:44 AM   #2
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Since .99L has no idea what a lionfish is, I'd say a blank option sounds like a manageable error. My guess is that you won't use the .99L beta anymore so the problem should be only minor. A short explaination on the background color thing can be found here.

/Tiny
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 08:51 AM   #3
pipeta
Royal Gramma

The problem is that v99L and v1.1 use the same place in your registry. If the variable 'fish1' has the content 'lionfish' and you run v99L it won't be able to recognize that spot. It could be nice if Jim made an unknown fish name switch to 'RANDOM' automatically.
It's not really a bug the way I see it, just a slight incompatibility with using old versions after you use new versions. It's just making it harder for the programmer to change the folder in the registry every time he releases a new version.

Jim, you can use a constant string for all the places where you specify the location in the registry where you save the information and change that constant once for all the places where it's mentioned and solve any incompatibility problems. Just my 2 cents not too important though...

Last edited by pipeta; 02-21-2002 at 08:55 AM.
pipeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 11:52 AM   #4
Socrates
Sage

You aren't supposed to run 99L after you install 1.1.

You may end up needing to run the registry cleaner and reinstall.

From what I have seen, though, you should be able to run 99k WIDESCREEN no problem.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 03:02 PM   #5
pipeta
Royal Gramma

The wide screen version and the normal version have two seperate directories in your registry.
widescreen is in 'software --> serenescreen --> aquarium'
and the normal version is in 'software --> serenescreen --> sereneaquarium'.

You can see it if you run 'regedit'. WARNING: Feel free to view this file but don't change anything unless you know what you're doing!
pipeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive