Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-26-2006, 02:13 AM   #101
enigma63941
Registered

Originally posted by Jav400:
Ok people, Jim has asked numerous times, and JR has tried to explain things as well. PLEASE, give Prolific some time to get the scripts written, in working order, and emails sent out. EVERYONE that is due a keycode will get one.  
ooooooookay!!
enigma63941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 08:59 AM   #102
surfer
Registered

Jim,

I think the two new fish are fantastic, it makes me long for the 3d background even more . You must be getting frustrated with the upgrade questions, so I'll ask a question about something different .

It's about the new Lion fish - and keep in mind I am not a fish expert, I just enjoy your aquarium. The black stripe next to its eye flows into the black eye causing it to look like a long rectangular eye. Does the original (real) Lion fish you used as a model have the same appearance?

Thanks for your time, and a fantastic screen saver.

Surfer
surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:05 AM   #103
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

How I found my Keycode

I havn't yet been e-mailed a keycode for 2.6, but, when I went to the "Serene Screen" website and clicked on keycodes and submitted my e-mail address for lost keycodes, I got and e-mail with every program's keycode I purchased in the past and also in the list was the keycode for 2.6

I would suggest any one who hasn't gotten a keycode, who thinks they may get one, try this.
I use to skinny dip, now I chunky dunk!
bugsymcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:34 AM   #104
jleslie
Engineer

Okay, I tried that (thanks for the suggestion). According to:

--------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Schnaaps
The basic rule of thumb is that if you have the funationality of MA 2 and MAT 2 you will get a free upgrade. In the past, Jim Sachs and Prolific have always been very generous with our upgrades, especially with our fans and beta testers. (Has there ever been a beta tester on any product that has not received keycodes?)
--------------------------------------

I though I might get one, but I think I actually didn't. Before I mess with my working set of screen-savers there's one question I should ask - what does a 2.6 KeyCode look like (um, of course don't post a full code!!)? I have codes whose associated order numbers start:

DELUXE- {which I believe is the original MA ss}
MATPC- {which is time}
and
MA2UPGPC {which is MA v2}

So I guess 2.6 isn't en-route. I'll do the patience thing, but there's curiousity to allow for too...
John
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:06 AM   #105
Toad
Registered

Originally posted by Jav400:
It seems that all of Morgan's and my work on web pages is for naught. For those that keep asking here are shots of the fish.  
I wouldn't say it was "for naught." But internet forum people have a tendency to direct people to other pages, insert hyperlinks, or give descriptions instead of just giving answers to whatever questions they get.

Thanks for simply inserting them into your message -- that's all we wanted.

They look great! (But, for me, not worth the extra cash .)
I wish my kitty would look at the fishies.
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #106
Toad
Registered

So I guess 2.6 isn't en-route. I'll do the patience thing, but there's curiousity to allow for too...
John
There's a polite way to be curious and an impolite way. All the people screaming and whining about wanting the free key codes need to learn the polite way (and, of course, they need to learn the world doesn't revolve around them...)

Here's hoping you get a free key code!
I wish my kitty would look at the fishies.
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:15 AM   #107
Overlord
Registered

I just went to the keycode website and put in my email address that I have had since I got ver. 99F or G as was told in a couple of posts above this. Within seconds I received every keycode I have had plus one code that had MA26 in it. It worked fine. Still stuck with the 8th fish problem but the fix will be out early this week according to Jim.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:16 AM   #108
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

well i wont post any keycode info, but the order number started lke this: MA26GFT-
I use to skinny dip, now I chunky dunk!
bugsymcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:24 AM   #109
Overlord
Registered

My code also started with MA26GFT. Just discovered that if I highlight one of the fish selections in widescreen and arrow down, I can see the 8th fish in description and I am able to change it by double clicking the one I want. It still doesn't show up in the pictured selection but thought I'd pass this along in case anyone has this problem until the fix comes out.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:41 AM   #110
jleslie
Engineer

While I'm at it - I'm using Opera (8.52) and don't see the pic at the top of the page (I know it's there as I just opened the page in IE). There is an image there (RMB included "Reload Image"), but it's not visible to me...
John
Old 02-26-2006, 11:53 AM   #111
Overlord
Registered

Please forgive me jleslie but I don't quite follow you.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:09 PM   #112
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

Originally posted by bugsymcd24:
I havn't yet been e-mailed a keycode for 2.6, but, when I went to the "Serene Screen" website and clicked on keycodes and submitted my e-mail address for lost keycodes, I got and e-mail with every program's keycode I purchased in the past and also in the list was the keycode for 2.6

I would suggest any one who hasn't gotten a keycode, who thinks they may get one, try this.  
Unfortunately, that didn't work for me.

But I am more than happy to wait for my keycode. There's no rush as far as I'm concerned. Luckily, I've kept all the emails over the years for all my purchases including the original one from Aug. 31, 2000 for the beta version, and the ones for Marine Aquarium Time, Goldfish, Sharks, Terminator 3, and the emails with upgrade keycodes for all the screensavers.

I'm going to wait it out and see how good the Prolific database scripts are on finding me for the free upgrade. With all my purchases and support over the years, I'm sure it won't be long.
Pushwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:12 PM   #113
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

Originally posted by jleslie:
While I'm at it - I'm using Opera (8.52) and don't see the pic at the top of the page (I know it's there as I just opened the page in IE). There is an image there (RMB included "Reload Image"), but it's not visible to me...
John  
Hmmmm,.....I'm using Opera 8.2 right now and I can see the image fine. Must be some Opera setting I'm using that you're not, but I don't know which one.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:06 PM   #114
jleslie
Engineer

Hi Pushwall - yes, there might well be a simple setting issue going on, I'll have a look when I get a sec. In the meantime I'd suggest you consider a newer version as there are a couple of minor security holes in old Operas. (Though way less than any other serious browser, IMHO.)
Cheers
John
Old 02-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #115
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

Originally posted by jleslie:
Hi Pushwall - yes, there might well be a simple setting issue going on, I'll have a look when I get a sec. In the meantime I'd suggest you consider a newer version as there are a couple of minor security holes in old Operas. (Though way less than any other serious browser, IMHO.)
Cheers
John  
Whoops! I meant to say I'm using 8.52. Can't type fast anymore without making mistakes.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:38 PM   #116
Jim Sachs
Developer

Now THIS is the way the Forum should work - polite people helping to solve each other's problems!
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:42 PM   #117
enigma63941
Registered

Originally posted by bugsymcd24:

I tried this method, but their is no record for my e-mail address. I have three receipts of the purchases I made and used both of my e-mail addresses. Every time theirs an upgrade and I try to get something I'm never found in the system
Old 02-26-2006, 07:46 PM   #118
enigma63941
Registered

I'm in the prolific database with four keycodes so I know I spent over thirty dollars. I just have to keep waiting I guess .
Old 02-26-2006, 09:43 PM   #119
basser1
Registered

Thumbs Down

I received an e-mail from Auden in customer service and he confirmed that I do qualify for and will receive a keycode sometime this week. It's good to have quick, courteous customer service these days when "customer No-service" seems to be the rule rather than the exception.
basser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:39 PM   #120
Deja
Registered

Gee...here we go again..only a select few get the free update..
Didn't we go through this before.
This is the best screen saver ever...but with promises of free updates..then only to a select few...
Just don't make promises of free updates & sure not only to a select few.
We all bought the screensaver. You are going to lose customers again..I know of many.
I need the changing background more than any fish..for I have burn in on my CRT. Not using my fish now for a while.
Love it & miss it.
Just bring out a whole new version..no updates. Please.
Deja is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive