Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-01-2006, 10:49 AM   #161
Socrates
Sage

Originally posted by Schnaaps:
Update:
The keycodes have been generated. To get your keycode, you can please visit our site: http://www.serenescreen.com/support/regform.php to have the server send it to you.

Our next focus is to refund people who have purchased the $9.95 update. If you purchased the $9.95 update and were eligable to receive the upgrade you will get a full refund. If you were not eligible, you will receive a $4 discount. Once the discounts have been done, you should receive and email and I will post here when the entire batch is done.

If you believe that you due a free keycode. Rules are set here:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...6&postcount=53

Please contact technical support and they will search our database and issue a code to you. Please be patient. Tech support is working hard to keep up with demand and it takes time to go through everything.  
OK, maybe someone can help me make sense of all this. I sent in my email address to the form listed here and these are the two products that are listed in the email I received:

Order Number
MATPC-US-[numbers and code removed]
MA2UPGPC-US-[numbers and code removed]

IS the second one there a 2.6 code? I was a .99 series purchaser way back before Prolific was involved.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just tried both keys, neither works on 2.6. DO I need to send in a support request or do I just need to wait a little longer? I'm willing to do whatever is easiest. Not in a big rush.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #162
Winn
Registered

This is my first post though I have followed the forum for a while. Typing is difficult for me due to a spinal injury but I did want to make the effort to say that I received the notification for a full refund of my $9.95 and am very grateful.
Though there may have been stumbles at times, I believe all involved have made an admirable effort to rectify any problems. Thanks for your efforts, and thanks, Jim, for a remarkable product.
Thanks also, Morgan and Michael, for making the forum available.
Winn
Winn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #163
NaaMar
Registered

I've requested the keycodes three times without result. A fourth time gave me the code for version 2.6 yesterday.

Just hold on and retry is my best advice.

Good luck!
NaaMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #164
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by honybee:
Hello everyone!

I'm new to SereneScreen and the forum. Just purchased and installed v2.6. I noticed that the screen capture in this thread has a picture of 8 fish? My screen only has 7 (+ the starfish). Is there a special way to get more fish on the screen?

Thanks for your help...  
If you have a widescreen (16:9) monitor, you can do 8 fish.
If you have a regular (4:3) monitor, you can set the Aquarium to Widescreen and you will get black bars at the top and bottom.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #165
Ex_Brit
Geordie

Originally posted by feldon29:
If you have a regular (4:3) monitor, you can set the Aquarium to Widescreen and you will get black bars at the top and bottom.  
...and still get the 8 fish? I only see 7

CORRECTION (LATER)....8 sorry!!
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Ex_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:12 PM   #166
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

The widescreen version will let you use 8 fish at one time instead of seven. Hit the space bar and check the settings, ( count the fish spaces ). You should have the ability to choose 8 now.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #167
Ex_Brit
Geordie

Yes I got 8, sorry about that!!

Peter
Toronto, Canada
Ex_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:26 PM   #168
honybee
Registered

Thanks for the replies!
honybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #169
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

Originally posted by Socrates:
EDIT: Just tried both keys, neither works on 2.6. DO I need to send in a support request or do I just need to wait a little longer? I'm willing to do whatever is easiest. Not in a big rush.  
You're in the same boat I'm in. I believe that since the freebie keys have been generated that you need to contact tech support like I did. I'm still waiting to hear a response, but figure I'll give them a week to catch up before I bug them again.
Pushwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:31 PM   #170
handimannbob
what's up doc ?

same here soc,
though i got an e-mail saying i will get code for 2.6 e-mailed to me. i can wait.
bob
handimannbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #171
SDA
Registered

Seems as if it takes about a week to get a free upgrade...if i had to pay for this then I would be more concerned. However, in my opinion, it would have made more sense to have the upgrade policy thought out well before the 2.6 software was released, and the keycodes pre-generated for most people. Also, perhaps temporary key codes could have been generated -- i.e. codes that expire in 2-4 weeks, given to anyone who says they are entitled to the free upgrade while customer service checks it out. I am confident that 99.999% of people who claim they are entitled to the upgrade based upon the conditions outlined here would be honest....I look foward to seeing what happens when the 3D background is introduced....
SDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:13 AM   #172
hayc59
VoodØØ Child™

Originally posted by handimannbob:
same here soc,
though i got an e-mail saying i will get code for 2.6 e-mailed to me. i can wait.  
Ditto got mine today....yahoo
I take back my complaint
ãrê ¥Øu êxpêriêncêÐ
Never Forget

God Bless America

hayc59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:36 AM   #173
Yodelking
yodeler

1 Highscore

Yes, click the checkbox in the Settings menu called: "Use Widescreen".
/Peter

Originally posted by honybee:
Hello everyone!

I'm new to SereneScreen and the forum. Just purchased and installed v2.6. I noticed that the screen capture in this thread has a picture of 8 fish? My screen only has 7 (+ the starfish). Is there a special way to get more fish on the screen?

Thanks for your help...  
Yodelking - För god att kolsyra!
Yodelking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #174
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Yep. You need to run it in Widescreen mode with the wider background. Eight fish get too crowded in 4:3 mode. check your settings screen.

Edit: Sorry 'bout that. I missesd the last page when replying.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:26 PM   #175
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

Thumbs Down

I just got email from tech support with a keycode for version 2.6. Only one email to them asking for the free keycode and a few days later I get the keycode. Very nice! I knew they'd come through.
Pushwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:41 AM   #176
Deja
Registered

I have Marine Aquarium 2.01...do I get the free upgrade..or no?
I got the last free upgrade to the 2.01. I have the Marine Aquarium CD.
Thanks for answers.
Deja
Deja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:16 AM   #177
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The upgrade from Marine Aquarium 2 is $5.95.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:37 AM   #178
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

I take it you had a recent birthday since your number went from 29 to 30.. Happy Birthday Feldon.
I use to skinny dip, now I chunky dunk!
bugsymcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #179
handimannbob
what's up doc ?

hi,
is it my imagination or do the new tangs really love the air bubbles more than the other fishes...air bubbles...lol
bob
handimannbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #180
Jim Sachs
Developer

It's your imagination. The air bubbles are imaginary. So are the fish
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive