Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 05-06-2003, 10:37 AM   #1
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

1. Q: Sorry to have to report that this issue does not appear to have been fixed in N505.0.9.868
ie. - Plant still floating in front of the rock!

A: Correct. We are not claiming to have fixed anything that we have not claimed to fix.

Several people here have mentioned they feel ignored, which is a shame, aside from the fact that we attempt to update people on almost everything, in fact we review all these forums and gather all bugs, suggestions, and general feedback.

The current build only claims:

NEW FEATURE Goldfish New goldfish “Cali”
NEW FEATURE UI Light delay slider.
NEW FEATURE Shortcut Shortcut key [P] cycles the plants.
FIXED Logic Minimize problem.
FIXED Settings Fixed bug on saving of window mode screen size and pos.
FIXED Render Background graphics now render sharper. Should not need to play with AA settings.
FIXED Audio Audio Volume
FIXED Shortcut Shortcut keys “[“ and “]” do not exit the screensaver when pressed.

One day, in the near future, we plan to allow people to actually see our fix list online. Allow people to comment on them, and vote them up as it were.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 11:43 AM   #2
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

You just need to start a new thread with the current build number and report the things that you think you have fixed. That way people know exactly what to look for and report on.

DONE
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 12:04 PM   #3
Sergiales
Software Engineer

SWEEEET!! Good work guys!
Awesome background rendering!!! Now plants move smoothly... thanks!
Sincerely,
Sergio.
Sergiales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 12:22 PM   #4
cjmaddy
Registered

Several people here have mentioned they feel ignored, which is a shame, aside from the fact that we attempt to update people on almost everything, in fact we review all these forums and gather all bugs, suggestions, and general feedback.
Reichart, - Perhaps that's because we have been ignored!
Plant still floating in front of the rock!

A: Correct. We are not claiming to have fixed anything that we have not claimed to fix.
I think this is the first time this has been clearly recognised as a something requiring fixing!

Other seemingly ignored details are:-

Blue on the front right plant.
Computer frequently locking up, requiring power-down reboot. - (This only happens with GA! - not the others!)
Severe jerking/twitch at the base of the tail.
One day, in the near future, we plan to allow people to actually see our fix list online. Allow people to comment on them, and vote them up as it were.
Good!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 03:26 PM   #5
Drew52
Registered

Smile Latest Release

Hello Reichart

How does one get the new N505.0.9.868 release?
Drew52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 05:08 PM   #6
AKcrab
Registered

Originally posted by cjmaddy
Reichart, - Perhaps that's because we have been ignored!

I think this is the first time this has been clearly recognised as a something requiring fixing!
Geez man, post the bugs, let em fix em at their leisure. It's called being a beta tester.
AKcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 05:37 PM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

This is a public beta test, so of course we will have problems like this.

On a private beta forum, there is no expectation of a time/date if/when a bug will be fixed, only that it has been identified.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 07:05 PM   #8
klyntun

Cool Is this a bug?

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I'm having a heck of a time downloading the newest Beta release. I've tried downloading it directly to my PC, but nothing changes in the version that I've already downloaded, nor is there any sign of the new version. I've tried saving it to a CD, but then I can only access it from the CD. It doesn't install on my computer. Of course, being the newbie that I am, perhaps I am overlooking something quite simple and obvious (like when I asked what wireframe was and how I could get it!).
Any suggestions, anyone?
Old 05-06-2003, 07:16 PM   #9
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

These versions do not include an installer. If you want them listed in your screensaver options you must manually place them there within the proper file. Otherwise at this point you can drag it to your desktop and start it manually when you wish to view it.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:13 AM   #10
feldon34
Forum Administrator

klyntun,

You are welcome to wait for a new version of the installer to appear at www.lifeglobe.com. I don't have any kind of timetable for when this would happen.

Or if you are familiar enough with Windows screen saver files to install them yourself, you can save the Goldfish.scr file to your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ directory.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 05-07-2003, 04:08 AM   #11
drfish
the Doc

Yeah, but where do you get that? Sorry if that's a stupid question, I've been out of it for a few days...

edit: Ignore that, I just found it in another thread, I'll try it tonight after work I hope...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 12:03 PM   #12
cjmaddy
Registered

Originally posted by AKcrab
Geez man, post the bugs, let em fix em at their leisure. It's called being a beta tester.
AKcrab,

If you felt the need to post the above comment, I think you should be aware of the following:-

Reichart's post at the start of this thread was a reply to my post on the, 'First impressions on GA beta 0.9', thread. His post, (but not mine, to which it is answering), and all subsequent posts, have been moved to here.
In the context of it's origin, I think my comments are valid. The 'bug' was in fact first reported in the GA pre-beta forum, where most bugs were usually acknowledged, - hence my 'ignored' references.

Hovering plants!:-
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...&threadid=1506

The above thread may not be available to all. - The following ones should!
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...0&pagenumber=6
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...0&pagenumber=4

I was invited by Prolific, to pre-beta test GA, - and comment! ..... That's all I am doing, - commenting, - as asked!

"It's called being a beta tester."
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 05:53 PM   #13
xrayspex
Registered

The plants move and sway much smoother on this version. Last build i was getting a weird effect with the plants swaying now it seems to be fixed here with me on this version.
Cali is a nice addition.
xrayspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 10:30 PM   #14
klyntun

Feldon,
Thanks for the tip on installing it to the Windows32 directory. I'll give it a try. I used Michael's suggestion of click and drag, and got it onto my desktop. Then I deleted the shortcut to the earlier version. So now I can launch it from my desktop, although the default screensaver is still the earlier version.
In all honesty, I don't notice a whole lot of difference. I still need to have anti-aliasing and anasitropic filtering on to sharpen the plants and fish.
Not that I'm complaining. It has finally sunk in (pun intended) just what Beta testing is all about.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:14 AM   #15
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Fun isn't it?
Old 05-08-2003, 08:00 AM   #16
klyntun

Embarassed

Lots of fun! Glad I opted in.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:01 PM   #17
Louis
Registered

Volume slider doesn't work

In version 868,
The volume will be changed while dragging the volume slider in
the option menu.

However, it will be reset to the maximum loudness
after clicking on the OK button each time.

Thanks
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 02:14 PM   #18
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Reichart,

We can get this more organized if you want, but it will take more cooperation and you creating new posts for each version.

One post for each new release and then as each bug is resolved, it's moved to a separate folder.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:35 AM   #19
xrayspex
Registered

Angry

Originally posted by feldon27
klyntun,

You are welcome to wait for a new version of the installer to appear at www.lifeglobe.com. I don't have any kind of timetable for when this would happen.

Or if you are familiar enough with Windows screen saver files to install them yourself, you can save the Goldfish.scr file to your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ directory.
The 868 version with the installer is now up at lifeglobe.

Last edited by xrayspex; 05-11-2003 at 09:07 AM.
xrayspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 06:36 AM   #20
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

We should be pretty close on this from now on.
One by one each product is getting RELEASE NOTES: http://www.lifeglobe.com/product/Gol...fo/release.php

So it I s easy to see what we fixed, or added.

There might be a delay for a day or so sometimes, as we lock down what people report, but the basics are there.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows