Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 07-24-2003, 04:59 PM   #21
ROBinLA
Registered

I agree the overhead perspective needs something...not sure what...maybe ripples or a background to simulate the bottom of a pond or something to keep it from looking like "fish in space". Love the new fish and the floating debris.
rob
ROBinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 06:48 PM   #22
klyntun

Embarassed Yay!

Much better! Morgan and Jack are great additions to the gang. Now I can have five fish that I really like in the tank at one time, and still have a couple more that I really like "waiting in the wings." It is also great that the fish don't disappear off screen into the "fish dimension" for extended periods of time.
I've noticed that at least two fish (Oreo and Algernon) tend to flicker sometimes when they are in the upper right quadrant of The Tank. It is almost like the morphing issue, except that they just flicker from one place to another close by. Also, there is something about the blue of the background that hearkens back to the cartoony feel that I got when I first downloaded the GA oh so many months ago.
But hey, don't get me wrong. These are simply Beta Tester observations. All in all the tank is looking wonderful. I can't wait until 3 Freidas count as one. And I'm especially looking forward to whatever new fish are going to be added. Reichart, you and your crew are doing a great job.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:54 PM   #23
klyntun

Ditto

I just mentioned this in the New Beta thread. I've only noticed it happening in the top right quadrant of the tank, and only to Oreo and Algernon so far; sort of like the morphing issue but not through anything.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:48 PM   #24
Tornado Tom
Tommy Turtle

Angry Me like

oh yaaa! very cool. getting better all the time.

Me like 7 fish = 10 fish now! :-)
14 Little Fish Needs A
New Larger Aquarium!
Tornado Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 11:36 PM   #25
memilm
Registered

The new fishes are great.
All the tanks but especially The Pond is too dark for me for maximun setting for background and foreground. Is there a way to give more lighting to the Tanks?
memilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 03:55 AM   #26
IXNAY
Green Frog

Hey I think Morgan is a bit to black. I would like to see his eyes.
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 05:23 AM   #27
clifdene
Registered

What happened to my last post? It has been deleted or moved.
clifdene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 09:33 AM   #28
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Your last post was here:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...1509#post31509
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 10:26 AM   #29
Liath
Still here in spirit

I have seen it in all the fish now. It seems to happen everytime the fish get too close too eachother. Did prolific change something with the collision avoidance programing?
Liath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 10:32 AM   #30
clifdene
Registered

Thanks Morgan. I thought I had placed a shortcut to my post. No response though!
clifdene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 10:54 AM   #31
Jim Sachs
Developer

Wouldn't you tremble if a fish as big as you were getting very close?
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 10:54 AM   #32
kona001
New Husband and new Aquarium

Angry AWESOME

This version is awesome. I have to say they really did it this time.

WoW....I have no complaints...

I did see the ghosting problem with the black moor as he laid toward the bottom back of the tank on the left of the big rock.

The all white fish "Brando" needs a red cap on his head to make him look similar to my old "extra fat" goldfish. "I fed it too many pellets" so it plumped up nicely. My old goldfish would actually come over to my hand in the tank and would like to be rubbed in the belly. Few people believe me when I tell them that, but it was true.

15 dollars is an awesome price. I bought one for my girlfriend.
I don't remember Sachs tank getting so many new fish so quickly. I'm in shock at how many in so little time.

I would love to see an all white Oreo also. That probably wouldn't be too hard to do.

Thanks LifeGlobe for such a wonderful product.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 11:26 AM   #33
feldon34
Forum Administrator

We got 2 new fish every month for about 6 months there, going from 7 fish to 20.

https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/archive.html

Hopefully we get more saltwater fish in an add-on pack some day.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 11:44 AM   #34
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

New GA

1. Q: Are the names of the fish the names of the species or were the names given to them by the developers? And is Morgan -> Feldon? If yes you should name a fish "Sachs"
A: The names are names we came up. "Morgan" is not Feldon. But we liked the fact that the name we chose (for a good reason) also is Morgan's name.

2. Q: For the next version I would be pleased to see an option were you can let the several tankpresets cycle every few minutes.
A: Yes, when it fades to black, new Tank. Agreed.

3. Q: But if you add this feature please make sure to add an option were you can exclude some tankpresets from the cycle.
A: Yup, on the list.

4. Q: Do you plan to make more than one basic background? I
A: Yes, after 1.0.

5. Q: It's not working on my mac.
A: We are working on that.

6. Q: maybe needs variation in sound to go with the increase/decrease of bubbles?
A: Agreed. On the list. I don't currently like the sound.

7. Q: the fish are "still" able to morph through the plants.
A: Yup, working on that bug.

8. Q: I like the larger number of fish in the pond but it still looks like fish floating in space. Needs ripples and a few pond plants
A: this is one of those, we could do it, so we did features. In the future, we will beef this up, add effects, etc... I think when we work on it, it will be come one of the most beautiful views.

9. Q: Still, it's a little strange to see them all lined up with their noses firmly attached to the sides of the tank.
A: Yes, we agree. and we plan to continue to improve this.

10. Q: I've noticed that at least two fish (Oreo and Algernon) tend to flicker sometimes
A: Yup, we are trying to nail this (hence beta). But we are close.

11. Reichart, you and your crew are doing a great job.
A: Thank you, the crew does most of the work, I just complain alot.

12. All the tanks but especially The Pond is too dark for me for maximun setting for background and foreground. Is there a way to give more lighting to the Tanks?
A: Hmmmm, could it be your video card settings? Perhaps the contrast is high on the monitor?

13. Hey I think Morgan is a bit to black. I would like to see his eyes.
A: What I love about having a fish named Morgan is all the confusion it will cuase here

14. would love to see an all white Oreo also.
A: Yup, more fish will come after 1.0, that is the fun of this type of product. Also, being Goldfish, the whole point is all the subtle variations. Same goes for the BG tanks as well. More will come.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 11:50 AM   #35
raven
Perculiar Clownfish

Noticed it too...

Freida was 'backing away' from Oreo and it looked as if she was being pulled backwards and she was shaking at the same time.

So far I haven't noticed any other problems, am really pleased with this version of the Goldfish Aquarium
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 01:17 PM   #36
klyntun

Yeah, I noticed it this morning in the lower left quadrant of the tank, Algernon again. So far it's the only bug I've seen. I haven't noticed whether that one plant on the left still plants and replants itself.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:39 PM   #37
Mountainmaster
Liopleurodon

[BUG] 5034 reverts to default resolution

With GA 5034 running in 1600 x 1200 32 bit, I press the spacebar to go to the settings screen (fish tab), then I press the ok-button or spacebar. When GA comes up again it runs in default system resolution, 1152 x 864 16 bit.

Update:
Unfortunately it is one of those inconsistent bugs, because it happens only 1 out of 5 times or so. Once it even went to 1920 X 1200 32 bit.

I noticed that at the same time the sound also reverts back to "always on", while I have set it to "when active".

Goldfish Aquarium 5034
CPU type: P4 3GHz
Windows XP home
Motherboard: MSI 865PE Neo2-LS
Video card: ASUS v9560 FX5600 128 MB
Sound card: SB Audigy 2
DirectX 9.0b
At almost 25 m long Liopleurodon was the biggest carnivore that ever existed. It had an enormous 3 metre long mouth which contained teeth twice as long as those of Tyrannosaurus.
  Ronald Zaalberg, Creator of Fish Picker

Last edited by Mountainmaster; 07-26-2003 at 06:21 AM.
Mountainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 02:44 PM   #38
Louis
Registered

Re: New GA

6. Q: maybe needs variation in sound to go with the increase/decrease of bubbles?
A: Agreed. On the list. I don't currently like the sound.

Would you consider to add shortcut keys for increase/decrease of bubbles. ???????

Don't forget to make the excluding some fishes from the selection
panel !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 12:38 AM   #39
sunny
Registered

Angry

this version is better than the previous ones...good job and thanks. i like its features a lot. but some strange things happen.
monstro goes transparent!!!
please refer pic below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (84.5 KB, 838 views)
sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 05:41 PM   #40
AquaMan
Registered

Reichart, if complaining continues to provide your artist and programmers with the needed fuel to constantly amaze and thrill us, please let me be the first to say, complain on and on and on.
Thanks
Jim, although the GA is not your baby, I thank you for providing the inspiration and support for this program and I look forward to MA 3D with great anticipation.
Life is in the sea.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows