Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 08:05 PM   #1
Amiga
Registered

Cool Possible to remove Jim's name from bottom?

I would like to know if it is possible to remove Jim's signature from the bottom left of the screen saver. I really don't want to see his name, not knocking him in any respect.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:09 PM   #2
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Hi, and welcome to the forum. As for your question the answer is No. He is the artist and the artist always signs his/her work. Sorry.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:30 PM   #3
Amiga
Registered

Unhappy Why did I know I would get such a response?

A simple no would have sufficed. I paid the artist through Sam's Club by purchasing his product for under $15.

He could be like the artists Disney has used where they have placed something in the artwork other than their signatures.

I bought the product to look nice. I think the signature stands out way too much and looks poor. Mr. Sachs could have his signature there by default and give the masses like me the option to take or turn it off. Just my two cents, you know, a consumer of software.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

You are of course entitled to your opinion. I am sorry that you feel this way. Jim has put years of his life into this product, and even now I haven't seen another screen saver that rivals his work, especially not one that was created by one man alone. Jim has always stated that he considers himself to be more artist than programmer, he just uses computers instead of canvas. I have yet to see any painting created by any artist worth his salt that wasn't signed with his name. In this case that is the way Jim intends it and the way we all take it. I hope you enjoy your purchase regardless, and if you have any other questions feel free to ask them.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:40 PM   #5
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Give me a break buddy. I didn't mean anything by it. I was being nice.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:42 PM   #6
iMark
Registered

wow..this funny..I've had the screensaver for at least two years, run it every single day, and never even noticed the signature before...I'm too busy watching the fish...
Old 06-28-2005, 08:52 PM   #7
Amiga
Registered

Wink Time to return it to Sam's

Well, time to return this software to Sam's Club. If I wanted to see a poor font, I would boot the ol' Amiga with Workbench 1.3. I am curious what Jim's take on this is, beyond what the admins have posted. This will be my last post on the matter.

Oh, did the M$ XP Plus version also have the signature too? I believe it does.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:17 PM   #8
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Damn, I guess you can't please everyone. Kids. As for returning software, Good luck. I don't know of any place that will take an open program. Sorry you didn't like it.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:58 AM   #9
Marian Nichols
~Author~

There are critics and then there are CRITICS!
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:59 AM   #10
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Well to me that just seems slightly off. I can't see anyone getting that ticked over Jim's name in the bottom corner. Unless I wanted to turn it in to the teacher and tell them I did it, lol.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:45 AM   #11
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

I was thinking the same thing.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:51 AM   #12
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Although I don't particularily agree with the "being an artist entitles you to anything" viewpoint, the fact is that the cost for the screensaver with signature is less than 15 bucks. Fine. The price for one without it is something else. Returning a program working as promised just because you don't like it sounds difficult (I'm assuming it's the same over on your side of the pond).

Purchasing the "product" (for less than $15 or any other price) automatically doesn't transfer the full rights to do anything and everything with the product to the purchaser.

/Tiny Eraser
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:19 AM   #13
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Yep TT its the same over here, unless he just deliberately scratches it and takes it back they will tell him no. Even then about all they will usually do is exchange it for another copy, not refund your money.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:44 AM   #14
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

A suggestion for Amiga if the signature bugs you........just put a Post-it note over it!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:41 PM   #15
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'll be glad to make him a special copy with no signature for $10,000. As far the "font" being poor, there really is no font. It's just letters made out of gravel. Regarding Sam's Club - I get virtually nothing from them. They are discontinuing it, by the way. Replacing it with Aquatica.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Old 06-29-2005, 04:00 PM   #16
Marian Nichols
~Author~

I think this 'gentleman' has made a few enemies here, or at the very least worn out his ‘welcome.’

I think he’ll not ‘Be Back’
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:03 PM   #17
cjmaddy
Registered

You only think ?
Old 06-29-2005, 05:19 PM   #18
Wizwad
Only me...

I want to know what all the fuss is about. I mean, it's not exactly intrusive is it!? iMark just demonstrated that very neatly. So what's the problem, unless it's for (peal of thunder, flash of lightning) nefarious purposes (/peal).
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Old 06-30-2005, 12:06 AM   #19
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Nah, one could grow tired of it. $10k is a bit too much, but I could see how someone would like it better without.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:19 AM   #20
Jim Sachs
Developer

I was just kidding about the $10,000. I would not do it for any price.

This is probably one of my old buddies from the Amiga days just razzing me.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Closed Thread
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive