Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 01-09-2016, 09:06 PM   #1
Ti10app
Registered

Marine Aquarium 3.3 (Windows)

I've seen announcements about MA3.3 but on the Prolific Publishing website it still shows MA3.2 even though my updated version now shows build v506.3.3.6041!

Last edited by Ti10app; 01-10-2016 at 05:52 PM.
Ti10app is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:03 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I've updated the notice.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:47 AM   #3
henemly
asdf

Still looks the same: (3.2)

http://www.coltrain.byethost8.com
henemly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:02 PM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Yeah I don't have control over SereneScreen. if I did I would have updated it a decade ago.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-06-2016, 08:10 PM   #5
NitroStar
Registered

So is there a 3.3 update from 3.2?? If so, how do we get it? I still love SereneScreen. Run it all the time
NitroStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:23 AM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

The file on the site is v3.3. Run it, press the S key, and you will see. I don't have the keys to the site, so I can't change the text.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:25 AM   #7
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

I think Prolific lost the keys to the site as well ..

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 04:53 AM   #8
The Old Man
Registered

Hi,

Just returned to ensure I have the latest version, any add-ons etc and its a little confusing. (Appreciate you can't update the SereneScene site, its sad that they don't care, I wish you could bin them off and sell it via this site!)

Anyway, for feedback, I headed over to the announcement and the first post at the top says which gives the impression that's the latest version and says v3.1, followed by lots of beta versions, and then the final post at the bottom directs you to v3.1 over at SereneScreen, which is apparently v3.3 (?).

It could probably do with some Admin love, perhaps a pinned topic or announcement containing links and details on the defacto latest version (this is the download you're looking for!), and perhaps a section of other links or archived beta links and what they are etc.

Anyway, thanks as always, I'm off to enjoy the aquarium!

Kind regards.
Bought MA3 Beta on previously for Vista and now running it on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with an Nvidia GTX650Ti powering a 22" monitor and it's stunning!
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:04 AM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

This is Marine Aquarium 3.3:
https://prolific.s3.amazonaws.com/Ma...eAquarium3.exe
Old 10-22-2017, 07:18 AM   #10
Murff
Registered

Originally posted by The Old Man:
Hi,

Just wanted to mention Best Penis Extenders and returned to ensure I have the latest version, any add-ons etc and its a little confusing. (Appreciate you can't update the SereneScene site, its sad that they don't care, I wish you could bin them off and sell it via this site!)

Anyway, for feedback, I headed over to the announcement and the first post at the top says which gives the impression that's the latest version and says v3.1, followed by lots of beta versions, and then the final post at the bottom directs you to v3.1 over at SereneScreen, which is apparently v3.3 (?).

It could probably do with some Admin love, perhaps a pinned topic or announcement containing links and details on the defacto latest version (this is the download you're looking for!), and perhaps a section of other links or archived beta links and what they are etc.

Anyway, thanks as always, I'm off to enjoy the aquarium!

Kind regards.  
Thanks Feldon, I've been looking everywhere for the latest version!

Last edited by Murff; 10-23-2021 at 07:01 AM.
Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:37 AM   #11
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Another year of early 2000's web design on SereneScreen.com.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:27 PM   #12
whodathunkit

Hello group - first time poster and lover of this screensaver. I have a new computer which has the latest version of Windows 10 on it. I want to use this screensaver. I downloaded https://prolific.s3.amazonaws.com/Ma...eAquarium3.exe but it says I need a passkey. Do I go to the serene site and pay $19.99 (I think) for it? Is that the best option? The last time I bought this was on my XP computer and I bought the disk LOL. Overjoyed I came across this as an option for my new computer. Any help is appreciated.
whodathunkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:01 AM   #13
fly911
Registered

Question: I just purchased an ultra wide screen monitor (2560 x 1080) 21:9 aspect ratio. Marine Aquarium 3 just stretched the picture to fill the screen. My MA3 settings were on "Automatic" as this aspect ratio wasn't listed in the settings menu. When I went to resolution settings on my computer, this resolution wasn't listed, nor was any resolution settings with that aspect ratio. Does anyone have any ideas to try before I return it to Best Buy? I'm even up for buying a new computer to make it work, if it is possible to get MA3 to display properly on a 21:9 wide screen. I run MA3 continuously 24/7 and I would love to display it full screen. The monitor is an LG 34WK500. Any ideas?
fly911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:23 AM   #14
Jim Sachs
Developer

I've never tried it on anything with that aspect ratio. The fact that that resolution does not show up in Display settings is why the Aquarium just gave up and stretched the image. We get our settings from the same list. Was it displaying the entire aquarium background, and just stretching it a little more? What the Aquarium should attempt to do is fill the horizontal resolution with the full background by 'zooming in' which would result in cutting a little bit off the top, but the proper aspect ratio for the objects.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:20 AM   #15
drfish
the Doc

21:9 works fine in my experience. Either by choosing the resolution specifically, or just leaving the setting to automatic. I can confirm that 2560x1080 and 3440x1440 display perfectly in 3.3.

It sounds like you aren't able to get the right resolution at all, even on the Windows desktop. Are you using a DisplayPort cable? I would make sure you are using that instead of HDMI first.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ssscreenshot.jpg (812.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png sssettings.PNG (121.1 KB, 9 views)
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:57 AM   #16
fly911
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I've never tried it on anything with that aspect ratio. The fact that that resolution does not show up in Display settings is why the Aquarium just gave up and stretched the image. We get our settings from the same list. Was it displaying the entire aquarium background, and just stretching it a little more? What the Aquarium should attempt to do is fill the horizontal resolution with the full background by 'zooming in' which would result in cutting a little bit off the top, but the proper aspect ratio for the objects.  
Hi Jim. The picture is identical to the normal HD 16:9 screen except stretched. I still can pan all the way right and left. Dr. Fish (Below) gives me hope. Perhaps I won't return the monitor to Best Buy and keep working it until I get it right. I will get a display port cable and try that. Thanks Doc. I want to make sure I have the correct Graphics card. Doc, which card are you using? Thanks Jim and Doc. I will keep you posted. I love the aquarium. I will try to download MA3.3 but when I do, I get a pop-up that says something like "Insert a later disc" or something like that. I will try more stuff and let you know. Thank you!
Old 06-27-2018, 01:04 PM   #17
fly911
Registered

Originally posted by drfish:
21:9 works fine in my experience. Either by choosing the resolution specifically, or just leaving the setting to automatic. I can confirm that 2560x1080 and 3440x1440 display perfectly in 3.3.

It sounds like you aren't able to get the right resolution at all, even on the Windows desktop. Are you using a DisplayPort cable? I would make sure you are using that instead of HDMI first.  
Doc, this monitor LG - 34WK500-P 34 only has two HDMI ports. What model monitor are you using, if you don't mind me asking.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:37 PM   #18
jestrada@prolificpub
Registered

We just launched an updated version of the website. Please check it out and let us know if you find any problems!
jestrada@prolificpub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:19 PM   #19
drfish
the Doc

I run my system with a 980 Ti. Can you try manually setting the refresh rate to 60 Hz and then see if it lets you choose 2560x1080 in Windows? What is your video card BTW? I've messed with these purported 75 Hz LGs before and they can be fiddly...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:49 AM   #20
fly911
Registered

Originally posted by drfish:
I run my system with a 980 Ti. Can you try manually setting the refresh rate to 60 Hz and then see if it lets you choose 2560x1080 in Windows? What is your video card BTW? I've messed with these purported 75 Hz LGs before and they can be fiddly...  
Doc, I have INTEL (R) HD GRRAPHICS 4600. The more I tinker, the more I think that it's my computer limitations. I'll find out soon.
Thanks.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows