Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 09-27-2001, 07:01 PM   #1
thebard
Copperband Butterfly

Serenescreen support in Lockergnome

Lockergnome is widely read & v. popular. I found this in the latest editin:-
Good Customer Service Still Exists (Advice)
Scribbled by Paul Wagner
www.serenescreen.com/
I am a hospital pharmacist and have been a loyal Gnomie for several years. I wanted to let you know about some great and some bad support I got this last week. I think I got turned on to a DirectX animated tropical fish screensaver from SereneScreen from your page. I downloaded version 99D a while back, and liked it so much, I paid 20 bucks for the deluxe registration. I found out they have released several upgrades since then. I tried the latest (99L) which would not work. I e-mailed Steve Brazner (their tech support guy) and over 6 days I received 12 replies trying to fix the problem. 7 of those replies came in 1 day! They thought the problem was with my sound card drivers. I have a true SoundBlaster card, so I opened my box and got the model number off of the card, but could not find the drivers on their web site.
I e-mailed the card's tech support and waited over a day to get the first reply - which was that they had farmed that card out to someone else and did not support it. After a nasty response, they sent me a possible fix (it took them 36 hours for this follow-up). The drivers that they sent me did work with the card, but did not fix the problem. In the meantime, Steve and SereneScreen sent me the previous release (version 99k) which worked on my machine. I spent 40 bucks on the sound card and 20 bucks on the screen saver and got 100 times better service from the little guy. I just wanted to let the world know that good customer service is still out there, but you have to look for it.

Take a bow, Jim!
thebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 09:25 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Re: Serenescreen support in Lockergnome

My friend Steve is the customer-support guy during the week, and my cousin Vic handles it on weekends. They are both very dedicated to giving prompt responses to the many people who send email asking questions. A large percentage of these people are extremely rude in their first message, probably because that's the only way they can get any response from other companies. Most of them soften up considerably when they get an answer in just a few minutes.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 10:27 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: Serenescreen support in Lockergnome

Sounds like he bought a Soundblaster 128PCI, which is made by Ensoniq. I have the misfortune of owning one.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive