Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 01-06-2006, 09:17 AM   #301
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

Originally posted by urrguru:
TrendMicro Anti-Spyware 3.0 reports that the ini (install) file from Prolific Publications, Inc contains a Trojan named TSPY_Agent.UZ  
Please supply us with the download link so I can see for myself. We don't do spyware.

Edit: Google doesn't find anything on "TSPY_Agent.UZ".

I went to TrendMicro site and search "TSPY_Agent.UZ" and did not find that there either. I looked for it in one of our install and that file does not exist. Please supply more info so we can track this down.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #302
feldon34
Forum Administrator

TrendMicro Anti-Spyware 3.0 reports that the ini (install) file from Prolific Publications, Inc contains a Trojan named TSPY_Agent.UZ

Nice screensaver otherwise.

It's sad to say that any screensavers I have ever used are not much more than a means to spy on operating systems. When will this ever end?  
First of all, an INI file is not an install file. It is a configuration file. Maybe you're thinking of an INF file? SereneScreen Aquarium is commercial software, not a free download supported by back-handed methods. If Prolific products contained Spyware, there would be no reason to buy them.

Prolific does not make available any software which contains spyware.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:51 PM   #303
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

First rule of Googling: Do it - A lot!

Second rule of Googling: Getting zero hits is an indication that you should search for just parts of the query.

I Googled "tspy agent" which led me here, proving this whole thing to be a false alarm and nothing else.

/Tiny 10¹ºº
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:58 AM   #304
aquamankb
Registered

Fantastic

This has to be the best screensaver I've ever seen. The only thing that distinguishes it from my real reef aquarium is the gentle movement of the soft corals in the current. That and a few snails, shrimp and hermet crabs.
aquamankb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #305
Jim Sachs
Developer

All coming, eventually
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #306
handimannbob
what's up doc ?

hi....i'm a little confused....is a trojan spyware or a virus.....i started downloading a file a while back that said the file did not contain any spyware or malware....my "avg" virus protection stopped it because there was a trojan in it...so i assumed it was a virus
bob
handimannbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:41 PM   #307
Jim Sachs
Developer

A trojan is any malware that enters your computer riding inside a file that you willingly let into your computer.

Marine Aquarium contains no trojans, viruses or spyware of any kind.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-28-2006, 09:14 PM   #308
igohigh
Registered

Marine Aquarium can't possibly contain any virus, Trojan, spyware or other malware as I have had it installed for a long, long time now and I run a very tight ship. Besides being a certified MCSE I routinely check my system throughly for all such garbage as well as test my firewall from the inside and out.

And having just updated my anti-virus for 2006 I can say my system is 100% clean and Still houses both Marine Aquarium and Marine Aquarium Time, after all; anything else is 'just a screen saver' ;p

...now get back to work Jim, we're waiting for more fishies!
Vultures take the easy prey,
Hunters take the prize!
~The Jolly Rogers
igohigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:26 AM   #309
PaulsPics
Registered

Smile Keeping In touch with all of the many members.

Hello from Downunder,
When I just came in there was a message to welcome me back and asked I would make a comment as you have apparently missed me ! for some weeks.
I have two things I could add to all the stuff you knowledgeable guys post.
1/- The post just above regarding Serene screen ( original + addons) and to Marine Screen Time ( Original + wide screen addon ), well I have been running both on two computers for a long, long time now, since they were incepted and I have done many virus checks, addaware checks, spybot checks,on these 2 computers and not a thing related to these programs, lots of problems from other sources ( not alternative screensavers, why bother even looking for them when you have Jims work ). I would add that I have SS in one machine, and MAT in the second one with monitors adjacent both in wide screen, so I get the best of both worlds and keep that lovely large original coral and still have the clock showing in the other.
2/- The second thing I would like to mention for those of you who may not have followed the links from Cliff Addy's signature, and are interested in some great photography.
Cliff I did mean to write direct to you, your photo album is great esp in the portrayal of the English country side, many thanks for a reminder of the Old Country I last saw in 1955, and I find your CD listing most comprehensive and detailed write ups worth following.
I do agree with some coments for more new fish, I do keep looking in for news of new stuff and banded shrimp would look great. here is to hoping .
Thanks Pauls Pics Aust
Sydney Gee its hot down here at the moment !!!.
Paul
PaulsPics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:57 AM   #310
Ex_Brit
Geordie

Nice screensaver otherwise.

It's sad to say that any screensavers I have ever used are not much more than a means to spy on operating systems. When will this ever end?  
Trend Micro is in error in this instance. You should forward the file to them.

Peter
Toronto, Canada
Ex_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:04 PM   #311
cjmaddy
Registered

Originally posted by PaulsPics:
.... your photo album is great esp in the portrayal of the English country side, many thanks for a reminder of the Old Country I last saw in 1955, ...  
Thanks for the complement, Paul. - Glad you like the pictures.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:28 AM   #312
Dunny
Registered

Filtered coral background?

Don't know if this has been asked before (and browsing 70 pages of wishlist messages is a tad offputting...)

But:

Is there any way that the coral itself as (I assume) a DDraw/D3D Surface could be filtered when it's stretched to my monitor size? I use a very high resolution, and it's very, very blocky. Actually, it's still blocky when I use 1280x1024. The fish look fine, btw.

D.
Dunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:13 PM   #313
Ex_Brit
Geordie

Originally posted by Dunny:
Don't know if this has been asked before (and browsing 70 pages of wishlist messages is a tad offputting...)

But:

Is there any way that the coral itself as (I assume) a DDraw/D3D Surface could be filtered when it's stretched to my monitor size? I use a very high resolution, and it's very, very blocky. Actually, it's still blocky when I use 1280x1024. The fish look fine, btw.

D.  
I asked the same question a while back. The problem disappears if you enable wide screen mode. That will introduce black bars at the top & bottom, but all-in-all it looks better.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Ex_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:05 PM   #314
Jim Sachs
Developer

It all depends on the video card and monitor. The Viewsonic CRT I'm looking at right now does a beautiful job of stretching the background to 1600x1200. But I've seen a couple of setups (both LCDs) which did not.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-08-2006, 02:58 AM   #315
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Dunny,
Out of curiosity, how high is "very high" and what brand and model of monitor are you using?

/Tiny Stretch
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:44 AM   #316
nicksteel
Registered

Angry Long time since checking in

Upgraded computers a couple times in past couple years and somehow dropped MA. Saw it on an associates machine last week and jogged my memory. Downloaded 2.01, hunted up my code and there it was again, an old friend back again!

Have to ask, though I can guess the answers: Any work been done on 3D background, shrimp, seahorse, etc.?

I will take the time to search the forum, but it has grown very large. Thanks.
nicksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:00 AM   #317
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Jim is actively working on the new version right now. Welcome back.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #318
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Yes............ back.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #319
nicksteel
Registered

Embarassed

Thanks.

Makes my day! I've worked all over the world on job sites and Jim's fish and this forum have meant a lot to me. Little things like a new or better fish are nice when things get very dull.
nicksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #320
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Nick,
Just to make sure: You are running 2.6, not 2.01, right?

Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive