Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 05-10-2001, 01:40 PM   #221
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Re: Fish wishlist

Bernknow,
The Lionfish has been added to the group of "Specialty Fish". A Majestic Angel is being looked at, but may cause some rendering problems with the spots on the sides. Also the Percula Clownfish and Anemone symbiotic relationship will be implemented in the future. There are several things that must be done first, but it is in the plans.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 11:18 PM   #222
snorkler
Registered

Re: Fish wishlist

How about Starfish? any kind would be OK!
Hermit Crabs?
Conchs or other shellfish??
Maybe I missed these if they are on your lists- too many pages to go back and revue!
snorkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 10:38 AM   #223

Titleless mode?

How about an option in window mode that does away with the title bar. That way you have the aquarium with a thin border around it and nothing else. Very clean

Thanks,
Paul
Old 05-11-2001, 05:22 PM   #224
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: Titleless mode?

I'd like to see this too.

I have no idea how much work is involved in picking a different window type. Maybe Jim can get ahold of the little toolbar code like Winamp and Photoshop use for the toolbars.

I don't think Jim would be happy without having an [X] button at least.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 09:20 PM   #225

I have a WinTV card. When you right click in the middle of the window, the title toggles off, right click again and it comes back on. I also like the feature in WinAMP where it docks with the sides, top, or bottom of the screen. I think both of these features should be built into Windows, so they could be used with any program.

Paul
Old 05-12-2001, 12:25 AM   #226
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Active Desktop items have this sort of functionality in Windows. Once you've placed the image where you want it on your desktop and move the mouse pointer away, the boarder and the [X] disappear. To make it reappear you simply hover the mouse pointer over the image for a few seconds.

If possible, perhaps Jim could request this bit of code from Microsoft so that he can have the aquarium running as a more intergral part of Windows. What do you think about that Jim?

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 12:28 AM   #227
Jim Sachs
Developer

It's pretty far down on a very long list.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 12:45 AM   #228
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Agreed, but do you think it's actually possible to do this?

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 01:30 AM   #229
Jim Sachs
Developer

Probably.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-20-2001, 11:34 PM   #230

Re: The Sachs Aquarium WISHLIST

Ok - I like the requests for all the new additions. I like the idea of the Live Coral with the clown fish wriggling through the tenticles.

I also think it would be awesome to have some larger fish as well - small shark, Rays, Lions, eels.

But the truth to this post is that there are only a select few fish that live with live anenomes and coral.

When having tanks you usually have decide on a few select fish or an anenome/coral tank as all these animals do not require the same tank conditions.

I propose with the deluxe registration it opens up the ability to select form a couple of preset tank types. This gives you options that are preset and determined on what animals live together and require the same conditions.

Brent Wullenwaber
Old 05-21-2001, 07:15 AM   #231
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Lionfish is coming.
Shark maybe.
Ray, I don't know.

As for the Clownfish and Anemone, the rules of fish incompatibility are being ignored for the Aquarium. After all, we'll have an Octopus and Jellyfish available! Neither would work in this tank.

As for multiple tanks, this might happen, but not for the reason you're thinking--strictly for aesthetics.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 05-21-2001, 05:30 PM   #232
codgio
Registered

1 Highscore

I've recently had another look at the wishlist photograph pages and noticed that a Manta Ray has been added.

I'm no fish boffin, but are these guy's not somewhat large for the size of aquarium we're talking about?

Just a thought
Remember what the doormouse said...
codgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 05:46 PM   #233
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

codgio,

You are correct about size, Jim has considered skates, rays, and sharks from the beginning, and size is one of the major considerations at this point. He has yet to make a final determination, but we can always hope.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 09:03 PM   #234
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I loved the picture and had to add it. Notice it has no * meaning it's not likely for inclusion.
Old 05-26-2001, 09:53 AM   #235
ajlaban
Registered

Pakistani Butterfly

One of my favorite fish is the Pakistani Butterfly. I note that it is in the wish list but have seen no references to it on the forum.

Is this a fish Jim is considering for addition to the Aquarium?
Passed away August 27, 2008.
ajlaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 11:30 AM   #236
Jim Sachs
Developer

Re: Pakistani Butterfly

The high-frequency stripes on the Pakistani Butterfly just wouldn't work.

Likely candidates for the next update are the Annularis Angel, Emperator Angel, Black-tailed Damsel, Majestic Angel, Bi-color Angel, Asfur Angel, or Koran Angel.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-26-2001, 02:37 PM   #237
ajlaban
Registered

Re: Pakistani Butterfly

Jim,

Thanks for the reply. I had a hunch the high frequency strips on the Pakistani Butterfly could be a problem.

The top candidates you list for the next addition are all splendid fish, excepting the Damsel (IMO), especially the first two. The Annularis Angel has very striking markings and presents a color variation not currently in the repertory. The Emperator Angel is not only striking in its markings but presents a slightly different frontal shape for the Angel family. I would hate to pick from these two but that's why you get the big bucks! ha ha. Hopefully, both will eventually be included.
Passed away August 27, 2008.
ajlaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 11:30 PM   #238

Fish Suggestion

The bicolor blennie (or another blennie species) would be a unique addition to the screensaver. Though not colored brightly like some of the other fish, they have very interesting behavior, a cute and funny face, and a cool swimming style (like an eel). They perch on rocks and swim backwards into holes where they hide with only their head sticking out.

Old 05-30-2001, 05:26 AM   #239
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: Fish Suggestion

I'm still hoping for the Firefish Gobi. I finally saw a tank with 3-4 in them. The little arm or loose toothpick like fin floats freely so that might be tough to produce.

I've never seen a Bicolored Blennie with such subtle coloring. The ones I'd seen looked close to the Gramma already in the tank.
Old 05-30-2001, 07:55 PM   #240
Coelacanth
Thought to be Extinct

Re: Fish Suggestion

Minor correction: I believe it is spelled "goby," not "gobi", and "blenny", not "blennie." Also the Mandarin "Gobi" in the wishlist is actually a Mandarin Dragonet -- not a member of the goby family, though fish stores still refer to them as gobies.

I agree a purple firefish would be cool. It would have to flick that dorsal fin just right, though, and would have to have a hole or cave that it can dash into when bigger fish come around or it's chased.
Coelacanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows