Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-20-2003, 11:55 AM   #661
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 12:35 PM   #662
CephaloP
lurking in the shadows...

Embarassed

News keeps getting better and better!

Not that I'm especially happy to see non-Jim-created fish, but the fish that had been slated for another ss were some of the nicest.

Calloplesiops Altivelis, Garibaldi, Panther Grouper, Sweet Lips Clown, Mandarin Goby...
CephaloP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 12:56 PM   #663
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Ok ok. We'll have a voting system in the wishlist soon.

I was very happy to remove those red X's.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 09:49 AM   #664
Wingnut
Registered

I haven't seen mention of the Powder Brown Tang.... Really should be added if it's not on the list already... really a beautiful fish...
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 10:38 AM   #665
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The Naso/Japanese/Powder Brown Tang is near the top of my internal list. I might've neglected to add it to the Wishlist tho.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-22-2003, 01:23 PM   #666
SDA
Registered

Thumbs Down

I look forward to the fish packs - seahorses, crabs, snails etc would be my top pick!
SDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 04:06 PM   #667
Wingnut
Registered

Cool about the brown/naso... The one in your pic looks real washed out though.... Much prettier than that.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:15 PM   #668
Wingnut
Registered

I just noticed the Harliquin Tusk on the wishlist page... I had what I think was the Australian (been a year or two since I sold my tank so I forget), but it is far more colorful.... You might consider swapping out for this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1315.jpg (9.6 KB, 205 views)
Old 03-25-2003, 08:03 PM   #669
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Panther Grouper, Sweet Lips Clown
Those were fish I submitted to the wish list (stands proud). Now, whether they see the light of day or not is another story altogether.

Morgan,

Speaking of fish on the wish list (don't worry, I promise I'm not going to ask you when the list will be updated again heh), I remember somewhere that you said the reason that Jim doesn't want to do certain fish is because they would look like cartoon characters due to their coloration (which ruled out my hopes for Wrasses and Parrotfish). If that's so, then why is the Harlequin Tuskfish on the list? Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting it be removed from the list as it certainly is a worthy contender for the MA, but is it fair to put a fish like the Harlequin on the list when there are certain Wrasses and Parrotfish that aren't nearly as "cartoon-like" in appearance as the Harlequin? Just curious...

Since the juvenile only consideration has obviously past with the upcoming Imperator, I would like to add another fish to the list. The Bluefaced Angel. With the proper lighting the face on this one would be outstanding, it has long been a favorite of mine. I had one in my home aquarium for some time. This photo doesn't do justice to the real thing, but it gives you an idea.
Not bad Jav, not bad at all! But it looks similar to the adult Queen Angel. So far Jim has avoided doing the adult Queen Angel (although the one he just replaced was very close to that), so is he likely to consider doing something that looks like it?
Speaking of the Queen, here's living proof that adult Queen Angels can be stunning and more reason why Jim SHOULD do one -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adultqueenangelb.jpg (47.2 KB, 187 views)
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 08:08 PM   #670
Jim Sachs
Developer

But they're so darn BIG!
Jim Sachs
Old 03-25-2003, 08:13 PM   #671
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

But they're so darn BIG!
Yes, but so is the Emperor and yet we now have an adult Emperor in the MA. Can't you make an adult Queen the same size as the Emperor? Plllllleeeeease Jim???
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Old 03-25-2003, 08:14 PM   #672
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

The Blue Face is slightly smaller. I know I know, it was a cheap shot. I like the adult Queen also.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 08:35 PM   #673
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Which is why a sensible SS Aquarium user would substitute 1 adult for 2 juveniles. I'd rather not have it be a built-in restriction but rather an option.

It will be so much easier with the 3D background. We'll be able to put ~10 fish, but if I put a couple of big fish, I have the discipline to reduce the number correspondingly.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:12 PM   #674
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Which is why a sensible SS Aquarium user would substitute 1 adult for 2 juveniles. I'd rather not have it be a built-in restriction but rather an option.
Now there's a really good idea, seriously. Ever considered doing that with the MA Jim?
Steve
Old 03-26-2003, 11:29 AM   #675
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I've been speaking with Reichart over the possible additions to the Settings box. I will add this to our list right now.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:22 PM   #676
klaatu
Registered

Thumbs Up Lighting based on System Clock time

Long thread here, I didn't make it all the way through so please excuse me if I missed this being said lately.
I have seen the Wishlist where it says that this sort of time-based lighting idea isn't likely to happen. I sure would like to see that though. I use a wallpaper now which uses timelapse photography to show different scenes at all times of day/night so it's like being someplace else. It's something I always desire to see in a computer screensaver or wallpaper. I also have a 3D virtual desktop "world" that can change (clouds, sun, moon, lighting) according to the computer system clock.
Although I never have had an aquarium, my younger sister does and that's how I learned of the SereneScreen one because she was using it when I went for a Christmas visit. It's very good, something I find fascinatingly realistic. However, those lighting changes are too rapid for me, apparently having only a permanent setting if you choose not to have it set to automatic.
Great program, Jim Sachs! Hope to see other forms of this kind of thing done someday (hear there's a butterfly thing in the works).
klaatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 07:08 PM   #677
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Yes, a few people have requested this. Although it kind of defeats the point of a screen saver to stay bright for 12 hours, then dark for 12 hours doesn't it?
Old 03-29-2003, 12:16 AM   #678
Jim Sachs
Developer

Actually, nighttime is when I turn the lights ON in my aquarium.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-29-2003, 12:52 AM   #679
klaatu
Registered

Smile

Yep, I realize the bulb for the aquarium should go on at night. What I was thinking it could be like is for sunlight variation during the daytime (no idea what would be correct to do for nighttime variations... power brown/blackouts?), so sunrise would be golden colored lighting from one side, and reddened at sunset coming from the other side. Clouds passing overhead would cause shadows, thus periods of darkness (possibly settable as lots or little or fast or slow changes).

Of course the way automatic lighting looks now is fine enough for a screensaver. Now the static setting that doesn't change would mean the clock-based kind isn't such a terrible idea. The rippling light still moves the brightness around. And modern computer screens aren't susceptible to phosphor burn-in like they once were.
klaatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 11:36 AM   #680
Jim Sachs
Developer

Clouds? Your aquarium is outside?
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows