Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-29-2003, 06:52 PM   #681
klaatu
Registered

Heh-heh-heh. Uh, no. Not outside, but figuring a room with enough windows to show daylight through them the fish tank would probably go from lighter to darker as clouds pass over the unseen house it resides in.
klaatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 07:27 AM   #682
thorn
Registered

i read earlier in this post someone thought seahorses were not colorful enough.hippocampus barbouri and hippocampus reidi are both extremly colorful. as seahorses go my vote is barbouri
Attached Images
File Type: jpg barbouri.jpg (52.6 KB, 294 views)
thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 10:41 AM   #683
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Here's a newbie for the Wishlist, the Flameback Angelfish -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flamebackangel.jpg (31.5 KB, 274 views)
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 10:55 AM   #684
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

I was going to submit this one to the Wishlist, but then I realized it was already on it. Even so, the image that you're using is very bland compared to the one I found here, so feel free to replace it with this one (if you like) which is more representative of the fish's true colors. The Chevron Tang -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chevrontang.jpg (15.9 KB, 273 views)
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com

Last edited by Digital Lungfish; 04-06-2003 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2003, 01:38 PM   #685
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Actually, i have those 2 pics on my HD.

That Chevron is shockingly different from the other. We might end up putting both on the wishlist since I love the orange one but also the more subdued one probably appeals to people.

If you want to see a subtly-colored fish that I get asked about sometimes, check out the Honey Damselfish.

I'm surprised we didn't have the Flameback on the list. You can tell how out-of-date it is.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 05:58 PM   #686
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Actually, i have those 2 pics on my HD.
Really? Then why didn't you post them to the Wish List?

I'm surprised we didn't have the Flameback on the list.
Yeah, me too. It's a really colorful fish and it's shape isn't too similar to any of the existing fish in the MA which is a nice change.
You can tell how out-of-date it is.
Noooooooo, really??? At this point I've got a Spotted Drum, Blue Spot Stingray, and now the Flameback in a holding pattern until the list is updated with your new changes .
Steve
Old 04-07-2003, 05:04 AM   #687
Hoosier
Registered

Any chance of adding more movement to the background besides bubbles. Some vegatation would be nice..
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 05:07 AM   #688
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Hoosier,

Yep, when the 3D background gets done it will have the very thing you request. It will be awhile though.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 08:56 AM   #689
BigScreen
Registered

Originally posted by thorn
i read earlier in this post someone thought seahorses were not colorful enough.hippocampus barbouri and hippocampus reidi are both extremly colorful. as seahorses go my vote is barbouri
On the contrary, I think that having some creatures with less color makes it better.

Too many colors, and you start to have a tank that looks like a box of crayons got mixed up in the gene pool somewhere.

In design, a tool in the palette along with color is texture. I can't think of too many other creatures with more texture than a seahorse, and they are very interesting to watch.
Scott J.
Publisher of The BigScreen Cinema Guide
BigScreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:01 AM   #690
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Originally posted by BigScreen
On the contrary, I think that having some creatures with less color makes it better.

Too many colors, and you start to have a tank that looks like a box of crayons got mixed up in the gene pool somewhere.

In design, a tool in the palette along with color is texture. I can't think of too many other creatures with more texture than a seahorse, and they are very interesting to watch.
I agree completely in every part of this, except that octopii must be considered the kings of texture.

/Tiny Cephalopod
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 05:31 PM   #691
Hoosier
Registered

Michael

That will be super! The sooner, the better.
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 01:09 AM   #692
Falz
Registered

ZOOM FEATURE

Since you'd need a 100" monitor to see the fish full size, it'd be cool if you could maybe press 1-4 to see each quarter of the screen zoomed, or even better, 1-7 for "fish cam" where you zoom in on each fish and follow them swimming. Then we could really appreciate the texture detail of each fish.
Falz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 02:15 AM   #693
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Actually at 1600x1200, when a fish is in the foreground, you are either close to or surpassing the texture resolution (depending on which fish it is).
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 04-09-2003, 09:08 PM   #694
CephaloP
lurking in the shadows...

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle
I agree completely in every part of this, except that octopii must be considered the kings of texture.
Especially since they change their texture as quickly as their colors.
CephaloP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 02:31 PM   #695
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, the changing texture and color will be almost a big a challenge as the constantly morphing body.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 01:48 AM   #696
Ravenflight
Registered

I just bought the program today and love all the fish. I don't know if anyone else shares this, but my biggest wish would be for some animation added to the coral. ie having the hammerhead coral on the left swaying in the current, maybe add a flowerpot coral with stalks waving. Is there anything like this planned? Of course then I'd have to get rid of the triggerfish to keep it from munching on them....
Ravenflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 03:25 AM   #697
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Ravenflight,

First off, welcome to the forum. Yes, there is a 3D background planned that will include moving parts. Scroll through the forum wishlist and the website located here https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/ to pick up more information about the future.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 03:50 AM   #698
Falz
Registered

Originally posted by feldon27
Actually at 1600x1200, when a fish is in the foreground, you are either close to or surpassing the texture resolution (depending on which fish it is).
Yes but my point is these fish are HUGE, yet appear tiny on our screen. It kinda spoils the realism if you can't see them full size, I just think it would be nice... maybe the 3D background will have a lot of "depth" so that the fish can swim really "close" to the front of the screen and appear large.
Falz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 10:46 AM   #699
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Actually it preserves the realism that you cannot see any closer. If they could get closer to you, you could see the individual pixels that make up the texture (Realize that the textures are, for the most part, only 128 x 64).

Now, if you are running 1600x1200 on a 17" monitor, then that's like running at 140dpi or so. But if you ran 1600x1200 on a 19" monitor, then that's a bit more realistic.

If you want a close-up of the fish, press Ctrl-Alt-F.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:50 AM   #700
Jim Sachs
Developer

Falz -

Not sure what you mean when you say these fish are huge. Remember, all the fish in the Aquarium are juveniles, averaging about 3" in size.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows