Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 06-27-2018, 01:47 PM   #1
jestrada@prolificpub
Registered

New website

Hey all, exciting news! We've released a new version of the website. We've worked hard on this one, and we're proud of the results but as with any such endeavor, there will be problems and improvements that need addressing.

https://serenescreen.com

We'd love for you all to check it out and leave us some feedback. We want this to be a great experience for new and old customers, your help in this will be invaluable to us.

Morgan, we've highlighted your site in our FAQ. Can you send us the best version of the website header art? We'll add it to the FAQ entry ASAP.

Let's get Jim some new fans, and provide some impetus for more improvements in the future!

Please leave your feedback here.
jestrada@prolificpub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:35 AM   #2
celine
Special Assistant

I like it,it's very clean and "informarcial" at the same time. Just site address domain name is little bit not aesthetic:"v2"??
Kanebo--woman's first choice.
celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:08 AM   #3
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

A tad late with renewed enthusiasm.. "your" coffers getting a bit low? One thing your renewed web page fails to mention (or I did not see it) is the fact you can make your own play list as background music. A feature some folk way back seemed to like.

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:26 AM   #4
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

You might like to customize the tab headings a little better, using Capital Letters, etc...

For some reason, when I click on these arrows, sometimes I need to click 2 or 3 times before the picture changes.

Just a space between college and I, not a whole line.

On this page, it looks like if I click on one of the cat pictures, a bigger version should appear on the right, but instead it just collapses the window

$19.95 seems pretty pricey for such an old screensaver, considering you can often find movie DVDs in the $9.99 bin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss1a.jpg (16.9 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg ss1b.jpg (48.7 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg ss2b.jpg (58.5 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg ss3b.jpg (38.8 KB, 125 views)
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:02 AM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Josh thanks for the sneak preview of the new site!

As for linking to my site, I had to take the old fan site page when I upgraded the server as it was running an ancient version of Joomla. I keep meaning to rebuild the site in Wordpress, but I bet it would get less than 100 visits per month. For now, linking to these forums is probably the best way to go.

As one of Pat's pictures above shows, the Title, Head, and Meta tags in the code are not set, so the website has no human-friendly name or identifying info.

Note that the Image Slider at the bottom may not always work reliably as the HTML is double encapsulated. For example:

&<div class="content d-none&"&>&<div&>&<p&>&<strong&>Select from an array of more than 20 colorful fish.&<

Is it intended that the selected tab (FAQ, About, Buy) is 20 pixels higher than the bar?

The About the Author section could use some kind of update.

Visually the site looks decent. It works on a smartphone. I guess it is the current state of websites that things are designed with 3 or maybe 4 colors. Black, white, and a highlight color (in this case blue). I wish the site were more colorful but ah well.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:31 PM   #6
jestrada@prolificpub
Registered

Thanks for feedback so far, most of these changes will be up soon. :
Old 07-02-2018, 05:36 PM   #7
jestrada@prolificpub
Registered

Just a quick update for the community. We had to roll back to the old site due to a technical problem, it will be up again in the next few days. I will post here when we do.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:48 PM   #8
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by jestrada@prolificpub:
Just a quick update for the community. We had to roll back to the old site due to a technical problem, it will be up again in the next few days. I will post here when we do.  
A fine reflection on your programmers.. but then we have had years of that quality so I am sure the old timers here expected nothing less.

The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #9
jestrada@prolificpub
Registered

Unfortunately, test environments do not always provide a good way to model live interaction with outside systems. In this case, there was a breakdown between our page and another service.

It's unfortunate that these kinds of errors occur (and that it should reflect so poorly on our character for some), but we've got a solution in the works. We will post here when we go live.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:41 AM   #10
fly911
Registered

You've got this.

Originally posted by jestrada@prolificpub:
It's unfortunate that these kinds of errors occur (and that it should reflect so poorly on our character for some)...  
Hey, bugs are a fact of life. Just keep up the good work, jestrada. This is an awesome program, and web page.
fly911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:53 PM   #11
jestrada@prolificpub
Registered

Hey all, we are back online!!
Old 07-19-2018, 07:31 AM   #12
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Well... That bottom row of images that one can scroll through only shows the moving fish in the image that has focus (where the mouse is). So.. when one is using the scroll arrows only that half of a image is showing movement of fish. One may not realize that to show fish movement in the full image the mouse needs to be on that image.. just a bit confusing.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #13
jestrada@prolificpub
Registered

Thanks Ralph, I see what you are talking about. We might be able to make that area non-interactive, will bring it up with the team.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:55 AM   #14
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by troyb:
good Day all now ON the NEW SITA IN THE FQA [What are the Marine Aquarium 3 hardware requirements for PC and Mac?] you have 512 GB OF RAM FOR WINDOWS 7 - 8 - AND 10 was this not suppose to be 512 MB INSTEAD OF GB just wondering or maybe I was reading it wrong any way thank you have a nice day  
Screen shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SS website.JPG (67.5 KB, 22 views)

Old 07-31-2018, 08:54 PM   #15
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, Ralph.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows