Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 01:55 PM   #1
Highlander
Registered

Unhappy BONUS CREATURE

Where is my bonus creature , i was told when i buy a beta key i would get an bonus creature as soon version 1 was out..............

Now version 1 is out and no bonus creature...

............or am i wrong??
Old 12-04-2001, 02:13 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

You'll get it as soon as I create it. 3D background is first. You'll get that for free, too.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Old 12-04-2001, 02:22 PM   #3
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Highlander,

The 3D background has always been scheduled to be created first. Like Jim says, after he gets the primary work done, then the bonus creatures will be created.
Old 12-04-2001, 03:31 PM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Wink

Highlander,

The statement about the bonus creature has ALWAYS been phrased:

"People who purchase the Aquarium before 1.0 will be entitled to one bonus creature. This is to reward beta-testers."

I think you've confused things or gotten the facts turned around somewhere.

Your specialty creature is irrelevant to the release of 1.0.

Prolific Publishing and Jim simply cannot sit on their thumbs for another 6 months without a boxed version of the Aquarium in stores. NOW is the time to take advantage of the Microsoft XP tie-in and various TV appearances and interviews and magazine mentions and get the box in stores for Christmas.

You'll get the specialty creature when it's done--Screaming about it here isn't going to make Jim's mouse work any faster. To be real honest, the man already bleeds for us, working some 16 hours a day.

If people want to start getting furious about the delays with 1.0 and try to distort things to try to create a controversy, then this forum is going to get a lot smaller.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 12-05-2001 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:52 PM   #5
multivitamin
Registered

Wink

It's always the same If you do something good and work hard for it, people always complain that it takes to long! The better your work the more complaints you recieve. I just keep wondering why those guys just couldn't waste their time with something else than complaining. Don't do you guys have some work too? Do you like to be disturbed every 5 seconds while doing your work, because some thinks you are to slow? And Even though you are already working at your limits? I did and still do some volunteer projects where there were always people like this. They do not listen WHAT you say, they do NOT know how much work it takes to do 3D Modelling and animation or design in general and the worst: they do NOT help to complete YOUR task.

So I would like to see just once, that everybody is content with the work that is already completed, and noone complaining about things everybody else wouldn't even waste a single thought on.

I think Jim has already done more than 95% of you all will ever be capable to do, concerning 3D graphics and animation.

Jim's Aquarium is the greatest screensaver I have ever seen, so I think you all should be very thankful the he did it.

And I have to say it again: Jim YOU are the greatest!
www.MULTIVITAMIN-GRAPHICS.de - Und Dein Auge HAT ein Zuhause (For all the Germans here )
Old 12-06-2001, 01:30 PM   #6
pipeta
Royal Gramma

Smile CALM DOWN, NO NEED TO FIGHT!

multivitamin, you don't have to get so angry about these things. Many people come to this forum before they read enough information about the screensaver. Sometimes they misunderstand something or miss the FAQ because they close any popup message whithout looking at it's content first.
They do deserve an explenation and we have to give them an answer and accept them into the comunity. If we just teach them a lesson we won't help anyone, and even lose potencial visitors to the community.

Anyway, welcome Highlander, hope you will enjoy the screensaver now that you get the idea of the way the Aquarium's updates work. If you have any more questions read the FAQ carefully (it pops up every time you press the link from the main page to this forum).
Also, make sure you write messages in the form in a nice and calm manner and avoid using the red, angry smiley because it gets on many peoples nurves. hehe.
Old 12-06-2001, 01:47 PM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

multivitamin,

He misinterpreted what he read and decided to react harshly. Jumping on him is no better than him jumping on Jim.

Think I'll close this topic.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
Closed Thread
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive