Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 01-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #241
henemly
asdf

I vote for the "Sachs" signature in the gravel
like v2.6 (seems an easy task)

http://www.coltrain.byethost8.com
henemly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:05 PM   #242
Jim Sachs
Developer

Maybe.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #243
henemly
asdf

Okay. By the way, your 2 new dusters look great.
http://www.coltrain.byethost8.com
henemly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #244
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Jim
With the addition of the extra feather dusters you asked if there were any other "easy" things that over time you had offered to fix.. the next time you had the hood open. With most of it done.. is this the end of the development.. for the time being? Or.. are you now working on some of the harder parts??

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #245
Jim Sachs
Developer

This is probably the end for the next few months, unless the weather gets too cold again to work on the house. It's been pretty nice the last few days.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-04-2014, 05:08 AM   #246
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

As you speak of it, any news on the house, some pictures, how is it going?
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #247
hillover
Registered

I'm a bit confused as to the status of the latest "version". Is it official? Does it generally work correctly and without problems?
hillover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #248
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I guess that depends on your definition of "generally". I don't think it's the official version yet, there are still a few things Jim is working on. But, if you mean is it stable, then I would say yes it runs fine.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #249
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'm stuggling with the bug on some machines where the featherdusters don't move. I've sent several test versions to Michael (who has one of the machines in question), but things just get more and more confusing. It's just very difficult chasing down a bug when I can't see the symptoms myself.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #250
hillover
Registered

OK, I understand. Thanks for the clarification.
hillover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #251
harris
Registered

Jim,

Recently a member posted that when he used the "Microsoft Update" his MA3 registration code was erased. I haven't had that problem before, BUT... strangely it DID happen to MA3.2 during my last "Windows update" visit using Windows 8.1.

Just wanted to let you know.
harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #252
Jim Sachs
Developer

While we have no control over what Registry entries are erased by Windows during an update, any registered user can retrieve their Key Code at the SereneScreen.com website.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #253
harris
Registered

Thanks, Jim.

It wasn't a problem because I always keep a copy of my registration code.

Wanted to let you know so if there is a way to prevent erasing of the key code by other programs it could be implemented in a future update. It is strange that programs such as "Windows update" would even be in MA3's registry at all.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #254
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Microsoft is convinced that you don't own your computer anymore, they are just kind enough to let you utilize it for awhile. In the mean time they have the right to do whatever they want to it.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #255
harris
Registered

Yep, it sure is a disturbing trend. Especially for those of us who first stated using Desktops in the mid-eighties when they didn't even have a hard drive, DOS 2.0 was the greatest, and the only communications with the outside world was text-based bulletin boards through a dialup modem.

But it isn't just Microsoft, it seems as though every software program sold today wants to "phone home", excluding of course Jim's MA - I remember when some users wanted auto updates added to MA and Jim said no. I still appreciate that he did that and continues to fight of the "phone home" disease.

What I normally do now is to activate the software and then use my firewall to block all communications from then on. Of course this means you need to go to the makers website and manually download updates, but the less they are in MY computer the better.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #256
igohigh
Registered

Sorry I can't speak on any of the problems mentioned; so far it is working on great on my machine! Picked up my serial number, even my custom fish count and logos.
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Dell XPS 8500
Intel i7-3770 CPU 3.40GHz
12.0 gb RAM
64bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT 620, 4095MB

But I would like to know how henemly taught his starfish to climb the glass!! Mine has not done that since Ver2.x on a Win98 machine....oops, or is that a screen shot of V2.6??
Vultures take the easy prey,
Hunters take the prize!
~The Jolly Rogers
igohigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:42 AM   #257
The Old Man
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I don't have a clue on that problem, but here's a new version which fixes a couple of other things.

www.fish-byte.com/MA33jBeta.scr

The starfish will now be initialized to its normal position if there is no Registry entry for it. I haven't eliminated your ability to put it in other locations using the Registry (yet), but the height should always be about right - no more floating starfish.

The eel will now default to ON if a pre-MA3.3 Registry list is being used (one which does not contain the eel). As soon as you exit the new version, a v3.3 Registry list will be saved, with the eel either on or off depending on how you have set it. Note that you can have up to 50 different Fish Sets, and the eel can be on or off in any of them.  
Hi,
Just popped in, its been a while, and so I was overjoyed whilst catching up with latest posts to see a link to a new beta version!

When I follow that download link however, in Chrome it blocks the webpage saying its affected by malware? Is it a false positive or something or has the website/file been infected?

Many thanks!
Bought MA3 Beta on previously for Vista and now running it on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with an Nvidia GTX650Ti powering a 22" monitor and it's stunning!
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:31 AM   #258
Jim Sachs
Developer

Hmmm, I'll look into it. Meanwhile, you can still download the file with other browsers.

Edit: OK, I downloaded the Google website tool, and it said that there was a suspicious snippet of code on my site which directed users to a malware site called wuzr. I looked at the source HTML, and don't see that section of code anywhere. I've informed the Chrome people.
Jim Sachs

Last edited by Jim Sachs; 04-13-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #259
Time Crystal Pilot
Registered

According to Bing.com (Google apparently doesn't cache sites that it considers malicious), on 9 April 2014 the source of www.fish-byte.com included, very near the end, a script that links to wuzr.com.
This forum's software prevents me from posting the code here, perhaps for the better.
The (possibly) malicious section seems to be gone now, but if Bing's cache is correct, you should try to find out how it got in there.

EDIT: You're running Apache. When I try to load the page with the URL https://fish-byte.com I get a very strange error. Is Apache correctly configured? Is it vulnerable to the Heartbleed exploit?

Last edited by Time Crystal Pilot; 04-13-2014 at 02:00 PM. Reason: additions
Time Crystal Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:49 PM   #260
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

If I try to go to https://fish-byte.com with my desktop system, Mozilla SeaMonkey browser I also get an error.
Attached Images
File Type: png Error.PNG (17.0 KB, 20 views)

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows