Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
robnich
Registered

Marine Aquarium 2.6 - Skype 4.0 Conflict

On my Vista Home Premium 64-bit system, there is a definite, reproducible conflict between Skype 4.0 (just released on Feb 3) and Marine Aquarium 2.6. If Skype is open and you are "online" (but not using Skype), the screensaver will not run, nor can it even be tested in the control panel. If I restart, and my Skype status is "away", the screensaver runs normally, but as soon as I change my status to "online" it stops working. I have a shortcut to the Marine Aquarium in the Quick Launch toolbar, but as soon as my status is "online" the aquarium will not run when I click on it. It starts for a fraction of a second and quits.

I have not been able to find a reference to this online, so perhaps it is just my system, but Skype 4.0 is very new and the conflict might not have been noticed yet.

I also have a Mac and there is no conflict between the Aquarium screensaver and the latest Mac version of Skype (2.7, although I don't have the just-released 2.8 beta.)

Bob N.
robnich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #2
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

Are other screensavers able to start when Skype is online?
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
Jim Sachs
Developer

Edgar - Don't forget he's talking about MA2.6.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
robnich
Registered

Originally posted by Edgar:
Are other screensavers able to start when Skype is online?  
Yes, all other screensavers start normally. Only Marine Aquarium 2.6 won't start. As soon as I close Skype 4.0, MA works normally.

Bob N.
robnich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive