Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 08-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #1
Baddieus
Registered

Smeared Trailers

Hi ... I purchased a new copy of this awesome screen saver as it now shows to be supported on Win 10 but seem to be having an issue.

Upon launch I get the coral & fish, but the background is all black and everything has trailers that remain causing long blurred fish trails. I can take a screen print and provide if requested, but thought this might be a known issue? I'm running a relatively new, all AMD gaming build with the latest Radeon drivers, and was wondering if that might be the cause or the OS being the latest Win10 Pro v. 2004?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

-Baddieus-
Baddieus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #2
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Radeon drivers have in the past been quirky caused some problems, you might install a different set of drivers and see if this solves the problem.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:19 AM   #3
Baddieus
Registered

I have tried the available different drivers from this year but the issue remains. I'm using an RX 5700, which is a recent release so drivers are only available within the past year or so. Something of note, when the fish are in front of the coral all is well, it's just when they pass the solid black background that they have trailers. Maybe something with the background not loading properly? Also of note the bubble column does not appear either. If you have any work in progress that you need tested on an AMD system I would be happy to give it a try.

Thanks Again,

-Baddieus-
Old 08-07-2020, 05:57 AM   #4
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Baddieus:
If you have any work in progress that you need tested on an AMD system I would be happy to give it a try. -Baddieus-  
There hasn't been any work in progress for a very long time. Sorry.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:57 AM   #5
Baddieus
Registered

Welp, just to test I removed all AMD and went with the Microsoft basic video driver & everything loaded up just fine, although not as pretty as could be with AA and all the extra's that AMD drivers provide. So, if anyone has any thoughts on why the Radeon drivers would prevent the background from loading it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Baddieus-
Old 12-25-2022, 12:45 AM   #6
Stormbow
Registered

I believe this bug is confirmed:

Stormbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 03:29 PM   #7
Jim Sachs
Developer

Definitely a driver problem. The framebuffer is not being refreshed.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 09:49 AM   #8
wags1
Registered

I can confirm that this is not a problem unique to Radeon. I have the problem with a brand new Dell XPS 15 running Windows 11 Pro using Intel Iris Xe. So far I have not found any solution.
wags1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 12:06 PM   #9
Nazrex
Registered

Definitely not just a Radeon issue...

I've had the new Intel ARC A770 16GB LE video card for about a year; and this same issue would occasionally occur with that one.

Usually it would go away after stopping the Screen Saver, and letting it start back up on its own... or just rebooting the PC.

BUT... I recently replaced my Intel ARC; with a newer Sapphire Radeon RX 7800XT Nitro+ ... and then upgraded my PC from Windows 10, to Windows 11.

At first, this was working fine... but after I upgraded the AMD Adrenaline Driver software to the latest version, this problem immediately returned, and just won't go away.

However, if I go into Windows' Screen Saver Settings... and click on "Preview" ... it runs beautifully, and with no problems.

So I just do that when I need to leave my PC for awhile, I'll just leave it running in Preview mode...
Nazrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 12:28 PM   #10
Nazrex
Registered

Oh. on the plus side...

I also still have my Serene Scene v2.6.

While previously, it didn't work at all under Windows 10 with the Intel ARC GPU.

It works perfectly and runs just fine on Windows 11 with the latest AMD Adrenaline Driver!

It just doesn't run in Ultrawide Resolutions, but it runs, and it looks great at 2560 x 1440.
Old 03-12-2024, 03:20 PM   #11
Jim Sachs
Developer

Here's an experiment to try --
While the Aquarium is running and the smearing is happening, press the F key to go into windowed mode. Does it still smear? If you stretch the window to full screen, does it still smear?
Jim Sachs
Old 03-24-2024, 08:24 PM   #12
Nazrex
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Here's an experiment to try --
While the Aquarium is running and the smearing is happening, press the F key to go into windowed mode. Does it still smear? If you stretch the window to full screen, does it still smear?  

I tried this, and it didn't work.

On another plus side though, I've been getting this reported to AMD via the Adrenaline software's "bug reporting tool" ... Its a long shot, but maybe AMD will take notice someday, and fix it. Even was able to include links to this thread, as well as to Serenescreen.com where, maybe or hopefully someone from them might acquire a demo version to use to experiment with their drivers on.

In the mean time, since it runs perfect in in Preview mode; I just use that to run it... or I'll switch to using v2.6 which also seems to run fine now.
Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM   #13
Jim Sachs
Developer

So it still smears in the window, no matter what size it's stretched to?
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows