Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-26-2002, 12:45 PM   #1
SunKing
Registered

3D backgroud

I'm so excited about the 3D backgroud! I know it's still a long ways off, but I was wondering if we could get some type of update. I haven't heard Jim mention much about it lately (I know he's been busy with widescreen and key-gen issues). Keep in mind - I'm not asking when it will be available ('cause I know the answer would be "when it's done").

What I'd love to hear is some type of history....development stories - what's been easy to code, what's hard, what part are you working on at this time. Perhaps you could tell us what feature excites you the most (ok - that might be a spoiler - but go ahead - SPOIL ME!!)

...anything?
SunKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 02:07 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

He's still helping SereneScreen get out from under the mountain of tech support e-mails.

He's got the clams and the gravel floor built in 3D, with no textures yet.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 08:51 PM   #3
SunKing
Registered

COOL! Thanks Clams....digging in the gravel?? OK - don't tell me - sometimes it's better not to know everything. ...

Keep up the good work Jim! I get excited thinking about the possibilities of the true 3D backround - personalities of the fish....wow - I can't (but will) wait.
Old 03-26-2002, 09:05 PM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The clams and gravel look very similar to how they look now.

If you are wondering where the clams are, there are 4 blue ones in the center of the screen.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-27-2002, 07:09 AM   #5
SunKing
Registered

OH - those are clams! ...shows you how much I know.

Old 03-27-2002, 09:17 AM   #6
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Well, don't feel to bad, once they can open and close it will help alot.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 08:07 AM   #7
albrt
Registered

I haven't read through all of the post so this may have already been answered.. Do you have any idea when the 3d background might be released?? Don't feel bad Sunking. I didn't realize the blue things in the background was clams either..lol
albrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 08:16 AM   #8
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Albrt, I'd say there's a good chance of an update happening during a month ending with either "-y" or "-er"
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 08:47 AM   #9
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

albrt,

We basically take things day by day and see how they go. Right now Jim has been trying to help Prolific with the deluge of emails. Once things get settled back down to normal he can go back to working on the background. He never really knows exactly when he will get done with something, thats why we never give any release dates. It's a daily process to try and implement something and figure out if the new items caused any problems with existing items that were working fine. Some days Jim reports that he spent all day slaving away and actually hasn't gotten anything accomplished, unless you count knowing what doesn't work.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:20 AM   #10
feldon34
Forum Administrator

We don't announce release dates. As a result, we don't miss deadlines!
Old 03-28-2002, 12:59 PM   #11
IXNAY
Green Frog

Hehe that's good feldon, just work fast and don't kill worktime by typing releasedates in here
Is it possible to see a few screenshots of the 3D background? *asking silent* please don't get angry if not
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 04:29 PM   #12
albrt
Registered

I understand feldon..You know how nosey and thrilled we are..As soon and you posted a date everyone would hold you too it..I just have to ask every once in awhile...lol Please don't take offense..Have a nice Easter......
albrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 05:06 PM   #13
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The parts of the 3D background that are complete right now:

Clams
Gravel Floor

Neither with textures.
Old 03-29-2002, 06:18 AM   #14
hpman77
Blue Angel

hmmm I would love to see a screenshot of the current 3d background. Even only those clams and gravel floor rendered without textures

Maybe I'm asking too much, maybe the engine still can't render them... maybe some screenshots of the meshes? of flat rendered? maybe phong? just to have a look, and another chance for all us to say "wow Jim, you're incredible!"
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.

Last edited by hpman77; 03-29-2002 at 06:21 AM.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive