Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-03-2004, 01:36 AM   #1
Jim Sachs
Developer

Press Release:

Marine Aquarium to be part of EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION!
Watch this Sunday, March 7th, on ABC when the EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME CREW remodels the 'Mendoza' House.

The show's design team is lead by Ty Pennington, who developed a strong fan base on the cable hit "Trading Spaces." Was it his good looks or drill-wielding ability? Watch and find out! Other successful remodeling shows on TV remodel a room or two at a time. These guys… they do a full house remodel, taking the structure down to the studs and rebuilding it in 7 short days, while the family is sent away on vacation!

One of the rooms, for the daughter, will be done in… you guessed it, an underwater theme. Since real salt-water aquariums can be expensive and demanding on a young girls time, the design team decided on not just one flat panel screens, but three! And to add that finishing realistic touch…Watch and see if your favorite Marine Aquarium fish is featured!
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:32 AM   #2
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
WOW....can someone video tape the show and make it downloadable? just that room's clip would be enough....
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:41 AM   #3
drfish
the Doc

I'll take care of it James, that's what my HTPC is for! I think my new web provider gives me a little space to put up a site, should be good enough for a video clip. Please though, someone remind me, my memory has been flakey lately at best...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 06:22 AM   #4
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

That would be great! Thank you man.
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 06:32 AM   #5
drfish
the Doc

No problem, but don't look for it the same day... I don't exactly have m4d vid30 3di7in9 5ki11z...

I'll have to play around with divx and some editing software... Any [free] recommendations?
Old 03-03-2004, 07:42 AM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Whatever you can do would be appreciated.

I've got the TiVo set to record it and now that I have a dv cam with capture ability I may try to put up some past and present clips of the Aquarium including this one. But I'm not sure when I'll get around to that.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:36 AM   #7
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
thank you man...but plz make it downloadable but not streaming....since I'm still using 56k modem
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 08:42 PM   #8
drfish
the Doc

Got it... Give me a bit to edit it and I'll email it to Morgan, only the little girl's room part... Maybe yet tonight... It's very impressive!

<font class=spoiler>THREE plasma screens on the wall all displaying the aquarium!!! WOW!!!</font>
Old 03-07-2004, 08:56 PM   #9
Jim Sachs
Developer

Did they mention where they got the Aquarium?
Jim Sachs
Old 03-07-2004, 09:09 PM   #10
drfish
the Doc

I didn't actually watch the whole thing... I came home and it was already finished, so I just found the part with the finished room and I'm going to put that up right away. I have the whole show recorded though, so when I have time I'll watch the whole thing and see what they say about it while they were making it and I'll search the credits too.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:19 PM   #11
Jim Sachs
Developer

That's OK - it'll be on here in California in another hour or so.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-07-2004, 09:27 PM   #12
drfish
the Doc

*slaps forehead* Oh yeah, timezones, forgot about them... They apply to TV too...

I really hope that after watching the rest of it they don't appear to be giving Disney all the credit for it... The little bit I saw sure made it seem that way...

Edit: Just using windows movie maker to edit this thing... It kept crashing so I got 2.0 from windows update... Now that won't open the mpeg2 file I was working from so I'm downloading the trial of Ulead VideoStudio 7... I probably won't have anything to give Morgan until tomorrow night...

Edit 2: Gah! ******* stupid ulead says drive c: has to be a hard drive for our crappy software to work... Well you know what, it's not, drive f: is my hard drive, and if you don't like it say goodbye because you're uninstalled!!! Piece of junk... Downloading Pinnacle Studio 9 trial now...

Last edited by drfish; 03-07-2004 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:29 PM   #13
Enigma
Registered

16 Highscores

There is a credit at the end for SereneScreen. VERY lucky little girl to have a room like that.
?
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:31 PM   #14
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Smile Aquarium on Extreme Makeover

Recorded ABC/Disney's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" today on my TiVo and am posting some snapshots and video. Hopefully ABC doesn't have a problem with this.

Snapshots

Have to say this was a cool show. Pretty shocked at how much stuff they gave this family. They really went from rags to riches house-wise. It's everything I liked about shows like Trading Spaces but they design things people want instead of for shock/humiliation value.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell

Last edited by feldon34; 03-07-2004 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:29 PM   #15
Socrates
Sage

Looking at those scrren caps... couldn't they hae at least hidden the cords if the were tearing walls down? LOL
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:07 AM   #16
Jim Sachs
Developer

Well, there was about a 1/4-second flash at the end, where SereneScreen was included with about 20 other product names, but nothing to associate that name with the Aquarium on the Plasma displays. Also nothing at all on their website.

Foiled again!
Jim Sachs
Old 03-08-2004, 01:21 AM   #17
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Episode 4 doesn't appear to be on the website yet.

Socrates said:
Looking at those scrren caps... couldn't they hae at least hidden the cords if the were tearing walls down?
With 7 days to do the entire house including adding a 2nd story, they treated the construction and interior work as 2 separate jobs.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:48 AM   #18
drfish
the Doc

Here's*** the link to the section of the show with the aquarium. Morgan, it's hosted on the file space my email provider gives me so if you could get to this quickly and post in on this site that'd be great as I only have 250MB of bandwidth... And please change the link in this post after you do that.

I'm new to the whole video editing and compression thing... Because it was recorded as an mpeg2 file off the TV I found out that Windows Movie Maker can't use it without some codec that doesn't exist in this dimension... So, after some looking I found DVD2AVI and grabbed the part of the show I needed and compressed it with Divx. But then the audio and video files were seperate so I fired up WMM again (2.0 this time) and saved them both as one .wma file. It's not the way I wanted to do it, but it should make it easy for everyone to watch... Or so I thought...

If you're running WinXP you may or may not need to download the extra codecs from windows update. If you're running Win98, well, the video plays back really fast, and I'm not sure why... Win2k has some issues too... So much for using Microsoft products to keep everything compatible with other microsoft products... Maybe someone with better skill than myself can fix it, but I'm done with it for now.

***Changed @ 7AM EST. Link moved to next post
Jav400
Old 03-08-2004, 06:04 AM   #19
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I grabbed the movie and moved it to here to save drfish's space. Thanks for the effort, sorry you had so much trouble. I don't have time to do any editing this morning, but I can at least get it moved for you. Was that quick enough?

serenetv
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:11 AM   #20
drfish
the Doc

Thanks, if nobody has a better version by the time I get home I'll try again...

Edit: Uh... That new link isn't working for me... Here's the old one again until it get's fixed...

*LINK PULLED*

Last edited by drfish; 03-08-2004 at 10:14 AM.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive