Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 11-05-2002, 04:02 PM   #1
Hanover
Registered

Post Need help updating my BETA Reg Key to the new format...

I purchased the SereneScreen Aquarium in October of 2000. After a computer rebuild or two, I neglected to reinstall the Aquarium screen saver again. The last working build I ran was version 99L.

This weekend, I once again thought of this beautiful screen saver, and went hunting for the newest version.

Now it seems I need to update my BETA Registration Key, but the server can't seem to find my name in the database.

I've sent e-mail to Service@SereneScreen.com with my original Sachs Marine Aquarium Registration e-mail but haven't heard back.

My question is: does anyone know of any other contacts or methods to get my code updated? I guess I can always purchase the key again, but I'd rather not.

Thanks
Hanover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 04:08 PM   #2
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Be patient, they'll email u back in the end,
or u can try PM Jim on the forum, coz once a while ago Jim help me to chekc out if my credit card been double credited, so I suppose he has the right to access those database somehow.
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 05:15 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Have you tried to use the 3 forms on my website?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 05:58 PM   #4
Hanover
Registered

Originally posted by feldon23
Have you tried to use the 3 forms on my website?
Thanks for the replies.

I just tried the two forms on your site and the one that takes you to http://www.serenescreen.com/support/betacode.asp.

I either receive the error "The name that you gave submitted does not match your Key Code" or "Error: Bad/No Recipient
There was no recipient or an invalid recipient specified in the data sent to FormMail. Please make sure you have filled in the recipient form field with an e-mail address that has been configured in @recipients."

I'm pretty sure I'm typing my name in properly so I don't know what the issue is.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:17 PM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I need to fix the other form. My webhost upgraded to the latest FormMail. I have to add an entry to a permissions file so the form will go to SereneScreen.com tech support. They changed it because of all the spam, etc.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 11-05-2002, 08:45 PM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

Hanover - Send me a private message with your info, and I'll try to look up your records.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 11:58 AM   #7
Hanover
Registered

Issue resolved. Thank you all for your help.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:08 AM   #8
lancensign
Yellow Tang

Well I'm having the exact same problem now. I had to reformat and reinstall WinXP, but now I can't find my registration code. I tried my beta registration key and had the same problem, but I can't find any record of my upgraded key.

Someone has got to remember that I used to hang out on these forums fairly regularly. I emailed SereneScreen after finding out that they don't have the email address I registered under in their database. That was nearly a week ago and I haven't heard a peep from them.

I'd like to get a hold of my key as well, if possible.
lancensign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 09:27 AM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I remember you and your animated cube.

Fill out the green form here.

https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/version11.html
Old 12-10-2002, 02:30 PM   #10
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Yup, That's one of the top avatars on the forum.
– Hope the green form solves your problem. (Kinda Matrix-esque really )

/Tiny Cube
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive