Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 09-01-2003, 08:08 PM   #1
workingmal
Registered

Exclamation Ideas I Have For An Update

Hello!

I just purchased the marine aquarium today, and I LOVE it!!! I have a marine aquarium myself and so naturally I thought this was a great addition to my PC software.

I have a few ideas for new versions of Marine though I am sure some/all of them have been suggested. If this is the case, maybe someone can let me know so I can look forward to the updates.

1. We should have invertebrates to choose from, like shrimps and crabs. I'd really love to see blood/fire shrimps, striped cleaner shrimps, and little wee hermit crabs.

2. We should have the basic rock work provided for us, but be able to select from a bunch of corals and sponges and place them on the rocks ourselves. I have NO idea how we would go about this!

3. The bubbles should come out randomly from behind the rockwork, rather than being a steady stream.

4. We need an EEL! We need a snowflake moray and a zebra moray. Also a blue-spot stingray, even though they're delicate in the real aquarium world. Maybe a cat shark too...

That's it for now! Really hoping that the shrimpies will be seen in an upcoming version. That's what I am waiting for most.

Later!

Jenn
workingmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 08:51 PM   #2
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

workingmal,

Welcome to the forum

#1 In the works. Some of these things will be included in a future version. You can check out the wishlist thread and see all the things people have requested so far. You are also welcome to check out the wishlist photo page located Here

#2 Won't happen. The next version will have a totally 3D panning background, and being able to move items isn't an option that can be made to work.

#3 Several of these ideas have already been discussed. Stay tuned and see which ones Jim picks.

#4 Zebray Moray eel has already been promised by Jim to be included in one of the future creature packs. Those will be available at a small aditional charge.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 10:17 PM   #3
Jim Sachs
Developer

Regarding the bubbles: Saltwater tanks have airstones which emit a very fine mist of bubbles compared to freshwater. I agree that the bubbles can be (and will be) improved, but they will still be the same basic type.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 09:41 AM   #4
workingmal
Registered

Jim, what about being able to select which fishes/invertebrates will NOT appear in the random selections? For example, you have 26 fish species... You love 20 of them but don't fancy 6 of them... Will there be a way to select NOT to have those 6 appear ever, while the remaining 20 are chosen from randomly? I think this would be a great idea!

I'm also looking REALLY forward to the full 3-D panning background! Wow!

Jenn
workingmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 09:46 AM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

The "frequency" option will probably be incorporated in a future version. When choosing the Random feature, the user would be able to set each fish from "Often" to "Never".
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 06:58 PM   #6
bsienna
Registered

ideas for functionality and new creatures

I want to re-iterate how much I love this product: besides saving thousands of dollars in expensive aquariums (not to mention the hassle) it is also environmentally sound and helps preserve the reefs. Thank you Jim! I purchased this as a birthday present for myself, and have made myself very happy.
I agree that the random settings should be more robust; or let the user be able to select more than seven fish- since there are never more than a certain number displayed at any one time.
A couple of suggestions: I'd like the day cycle to be 24 hours instead of the current maximum of half hour so that the aquarium could stay in sync with the outside; ie. darken at night etc. It seems this would be a fairly trivial thing to engineer.
I second the motion for brine shrimp and a dalmation eel (I'm not 100% sure that's its name). And how about a sea horse! I really hope you can have the fish nibble at the coral; that would be incredible. Also some of the soft coral should move. Otherwise close to a perfect product!
bsienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 12:54 AM   #7
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

bsienna,
The day cycle concept has been up a number of times. The reason it received a thumbs-down is that it really would be kinda boring to watch a black screen during the darker hours. If you run it on a dedicated wall-mounted plasma screen I can understand if you want it to emulate that part of a real aquarium (though the "black" screen would still emit light which would destroy the illusion). but not if on the computer monitor. To me a unlit aquarium is quite boring and not something I'd like to see on the screen.

As for the sea-horse and other suggestions: Check out the wishlist (not the wishlist thread) which can be found here

/Tiny Daylight
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 06:03 PM   #8
bsienna
Registered

Re: the day cycle- yes of course, there is no point in having the screen be dark - and who wants to watch it when they should be sleeping!
To clarify what I meant, I only want the time cycle to be longer than a half hour. I would like it to be 'day' from, say 9 AM to around 9 PM, and then start getting darker - like it does now. It doesn't have to get completely dark, just 'silhouette' as in the current version. Hope this clarifies my post.
bsienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive