Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 12-05-2001, 12:32 PM   #1
Spyder
Registered

Question Jim, possible problem with Lotus Notes?

Hello..

Just wanted to bring to your attention something I've noticed now on my PC as well as another.

We're both running Lotus Notes, and use the screensaver to password protect the PC while we're away. If the screensaver is active, and a new email is received in Lotus Notes (causing the "you have new mail" window to pop up), the screensaver disappears from the screen and minimizes on the taskbar. This essentially opens up my computer for use if I get email while I'm away from my computer.

the screensaver is still active though because if i click the button on the taskbar, it maximizes and if i move the mouse, the password prompt comes up.

Just wanted to make sure you were aware the screensaver loses its focus when used in combination with Notes.

Ryan
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 12:57 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The one major new 1.0 feature?

Password protection in Windows 95/98/ME is now bulletproof.

Release date?

SOON I hope.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 01:33 PM   #3
Spyder
Registered

well cool...so long as it applies to Win2000 machines as well, because thats what these 2 boxes are running.
Old 12-05-2001, 01:43 PM   #4
Socrates
Sage

Originally posted by feldon23
The one major new 1.0 feature?

Password protection in Windows 95/98/ME is now bulletproof.

Release date?

SOON I hope.
Speaking of which...

Didn't that smart-allecky guy say he'd have it in a couple of days, a week ago?

I'm gonna have to start kind of complaining mildly that I did pay for the thing and it is in existence, but being withheld...

Not complainging to Jim or the fans, but Prolific.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 01:47 PM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Spyder said:
well cool...so long as it applies to Win2000 machines as well, because thats what these 2 boxes are running.
The exact behavior of 1.0 I experienced with my own eyes is:

Windows 95/98/ME
<li>Cannot Exit the screen saver in any way without entering the screen saver password (if one has been set and enabled). This includes any keyboard shortcuts, Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Alt-Del, etc; turning on 'Exit on Mouse Move', etc. etc.
<li>You can get to the Settings panel, but nothing you change there will give you an avenue to exit without entering the SS password.
<li>The screen saver password is set by clicking the Change Password button right there in the Screen Saver panel.

Windows 2000/XP
<li>Cannot bring up the Settings screen or get out of the Aquarium without Windows 2000/XP stepping in and dropping the Password box on the screen. Once this password box comes up, you cannot dismiss it and get back to the Aquarium (or the desktop) without entering the password. This is the Microsoft method.
<li>The screen saver password, like all Windows 2000/XP screen savers, is the password of the logged-in user.

Socrates,

Smart-alecky? I don't know.
Boisterously optimistic? I can't argue there.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 12-05-2001 at 02:02 PM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 02:04 PM   #6
Spyder
Registered

woohoo thanks for the info
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive