Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-20-2002, 01:59 PM   #21
HellBound
Registered

Unhappy

If its gonna take several hours then the program won't be out till tomorrow !! Ya couldn't just release it without a new layout of the site? Oh well ;\
HellBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 02:14 PM   #22
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Define tomorrow. It's only 11am in Alaska. Still plenty of hours in the day.

As for the website, it does need a major update to deal with 1.1. All the installation, upgrade, download, etc. procedures are different. I do hope they don't drastically change my design.

The bottom line, there are thousands of users who have different e-mail addresses than when they first registered. All those people have to be upgraded somehow, and without 4 people sitting there reading angry e-mails from all these people. Instead, it needs to be database-driven. I hope the database works perfectly. It should since they've been working on it since September.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 02-20-2002 at 02:16 PM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 02:15 PM   #23
Jim Sachs
Developer

Of course, when Prolific says Wednesday, they mean their time (it's only noon now, and they're usually just starting their 12-hour shifts about this time). The new site has to contain the new Key generator, database search engine, etc. Months of programming, but all behind the scenes. The site will look almost the same as it does now.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 03:21 PM   #24
HellBound
Registered

New key generator?
you me the registration codes we have right now will not work in 1.1?
Old 02-20-2002, 03:32 PM   #25
Alan5758
Registered

Angry

Is'nt this exciting?? I'm new to this forum, so I don't know everybody. I do know that this is the best screensaver yet. I only wish I could maintain a marine aquarium. Mr. Sachs; I do humbly thank you for this product and am anxiously waiting for the update. Thank you again.
Alan5758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 03:34 PM   #26
feldon34
Forum Administrator

HellBound, it was announced in October that everyone would need a new keycode for version 1.1. That's what all this setup is about.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 03:51 PM   #27
HellBound
Registered

Originally posted by feldon23
HellBound, it was announced in October that everyone would need a new keycode for version 1.1. That's what all this setup is about.
Wut do we do enter in our old registration key into this "key generator" and then it gives us a new one?
Old 02-20-2002, 04:21 PM   #28
Bob
Registered

Embarassed

Originally posted by feldon23
Bob,

It's not about favorites, and I hope people don't see it that way. Your money is as green as everybody else's and I'm hoping the forum participants get upgraded first.
In real life I often make outrageous comments with a straight face. When I write too often I don't put in enough smilies.

I'm not really worried about being put at the end of the line or the software being sabotaged. If I did I would have shut up a long time ago.

Bob Frank
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 04:37 PM   #29
Bob
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
Oh, and Bob - I assure you that your fish will live forever You did a great service to me and the Aquarium, and I appreciate it.
As I indicated to Morgan in another post, my comments were in jest. I know that even in my case you wouldn't do anything to kill off the fish.

As for doing a great service to you and the Aquarium, I'm not so positive. I sure don't feel like it. It wasn't a service to me and your other customers who would have liked to run the Aquarium full time on the desktop and still be able to get some work done. Of course considering the horsepower it would take to run the aquarium and applications at the same time it probably wasn't practicable anyway.

Thanks for your kind words anyway.

Oops. It's past time for me to check the email again to see if 1.1 is ready.

Bob Frank
Old 02-20-2002, 04:50 PM   #30
Prolific-Matt
Developer

FYI: Do not go to SereneScreen.com until the conversion process is complete (I will post a new thread when this happens).

What is entailed in the upgrade:

We have tens of thousands of emails to send out with people's new Key Codes.

We will be sending out 5,000 emails a day. This means you may not get your new key code right away. We randomized the order of these emails, so that we get an even distribution across the

DON'T FRET, you will be able to get your new Key Code via a link on the new SereneScreen.com site. You will need:

The name you originally registered under.
The email address you originally registered under.
Your original Key Code.

With all of the above information, you will be able to get your new Key Code directly from the site, without having to wait for the email.

Once again, DON'T GO TO SERENESCREEN.COM UNTIL THE CONVERSION IS COMPLETE. The more people that hit the site, the slower the conversion will take.
-Matt Miller
Prolific-Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 04:58 PM   #31
Jim Sachs
Developer

Bob - yes, I got that. You can tell a lot about a person from their writing, and Ive known from the start that you were very intelligent, with an underlying sense of humor. I saw the smiles between the lines, as I hope you saw mine.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 06:27 PM   #32
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Neat. Two hours ago there were 72 persons logged in at the same time on the forum! Right now it's a measly 52, but considering all time high was 36 before today it isn't too bad...

/Tiny Crowd
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 07:02 PM   #33
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

The chat room is getting pretty crowded now too. We're all hoping Jedi Jim will pop in for a few mins.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 07:06 PM   #34
Bob
Registered

Jim,

Thanks for the kind words. Now get back to work on the 3d background. ;-) (just to be sure!).

Bob Frank
Old 02-20-2002, 10:20 PM   #35
Ick
Registered

Will 1.1 activate dual tunas automatically?

Oops. Wrong forum.
TiVo good.
Ick is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive