Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 07-02-2002, 12:46 PM   #1
drfish
the Doc

Angry TiVo Chitchat

First post!

edit:
Well, second I guess, this isn't Slashdot...

Anyway, cool, I don't have a Mac but my girlfriend wants one of the new iMacs, if she gets her way, the Aquarium will be the first thing I put on it.
I don't watch commercials.

Last edited by drfish; 07-02-2002 at 12:51 PM.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 12:54 AM   #2
LarryInAz
Registered

Angry

I’ve been a long time registered user of the Windows Aquarium. Having recently purchased one of the flat panel iMac’s w/ Superdrive the one thing I missed mostly on my machine was my Aquarium. I tested the 3 fish OS X version and all seemed well and IMMEDIATELY registered it. The app and screen saver are running great on my iMac. I'm so happy there is a Mac version of this incredible screen saver. I’ll let you know if I come across any bugs.
LarryInAz
TiVo-aholic
WindowsXP/Mac OS X
HomebuiltPC/iMac w/ SuperDrive
now BOTH machines w/ Aquarium
LarryInAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 01:23 AM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Did the $12.95 price make difference in the purchase decision? (just curious)

By the way, what kind of TiVo do you have? I can't get these guys to even talk about getting one.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 01:40 AM   #4
LarryInAz
Registered

Originally posted by feldon23
Did the $12.95 price make difference in the purchase decision? (just curious)

By the way, what kind of TiVo do you have? I can't get these guys to even talk about getting one.
It definitely made it very appealing. I also feel it's only fair since II'm registered for the Windows version. That's one of the things that bugs me about my recent Mac purchase. I decided I wanted Office X on the iMac and have been a long time registered user for Windows Office. It would be nice if MickeySoft would let me get the Mac version for the upgrade price rather than having to pay full price for the Mac flavor.

Re: TiVo - I've 2 upgraded Phillips Series I stand-alone machines, both upgraded and lifetime subscriptions. I bought a Series2 because of the faster processor, smaller profile and USB. Then I sold one of my Phillips machines on eBay. Like the Series2 enough that I bought a 2nd Series2 direct from TiVo a couple of weeks ago when they offered free shipping [missed out on the 3 month free TiVo service offer though]. As soon as I finish watching what's stored on my SA unit I'll sell that on eBay as well. I'll then use that money to get 2 lifetime subscriptions for the Series2's.
FWIW, the first Series2 that I bought about 2 months ago I upgraded by adding a 120gig drive which I paid $150, turning it into a 223 Super TiVo. About a week after buying the second Series2 the new MFSTools were released. I ran to my local Fry's and bought 2 - 120gig drives at $109 each and made this puppy a Super Duper TiVo with 298 hours. Now all I need to do is find a utility that will give me the personal time to watch all the programs I TiVo.

Sorry to be so long winded but you asked.
LarryInAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 06:54 AM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Good grief.

I have an unmodified 20 hour standalone (antenna/cable/satellite) which I am letting my ex-roommate continue to borrow. And for myself? A DirecTV with TiVo receiver from Philips upgraded to 129 hours.

Some of the guys on the TiVo forum have 5-6 TiVos.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 03:35 PM   #6
Unregistered

nothing wrong with having 5-6 tivos *Evil grin*

KC
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive