Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium
Notices

Old 04-09-2002, 03:25 AM   #1
memilm
Registered

Angry Discus

Some discusfish blue and red, and some goldfish orange and black would be soooo .... nice!
memilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 02:23 AM   #2
IXNAY
Green Frog

so go to the wishlist and post some pics
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 10:43 AM   #3
Jim Sachs
Developer

There will be Discus. There will not be goldfish.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium

Last edited by Jim Sachs; 04-18-2002 at 10:46 AM.
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 11:12 AM   #4
drfish
the Doc

good
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 11:57 AM   #5
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

-Yay!
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 12:33 PM   #6
IXNAY
Green Frog

Yes that's good, goldfishs are ugly
IXNAY

- My Private Homepage -
Old 04-19-2002, 03:13 AM   #7
memilm
Registered

Discus blue-red-brown-green?

Will be included some of this discus-fish???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg discus_02.jpg (100.1 KB, 287 views)
memilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 05:52 AM   #8
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

Wow! They look all great. Nice pic. Let Jim choose the right one, i like No. 4.
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 06:31 AM   #9
IXNAY
Green Frog

Yes I agree with Yeallo Tang, they are great. So colourfull, maybe we can have one model with different skins for this one too.
Didn't knew that there are so many different types.
IXNAY

- My Private Homepage -
Old 04-19-2002, 08:28 AM   #10
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

How about letting Morgan throw one of his Poll/Excel parties on which is better?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 04-19-2002, 07:55 PM   #11
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Ixnay, you've mentioned different skins a few times now. I don't think that will ever be an option.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 09:18 PM   #12
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

The skin changing will probably never happen. I've never been a big fan of fresh water aquarium's, I never thought that the look of the fish measured up to the saltwater species. But, those look pretty good to me, I may have to recant my opinion.

As far as the poll goes, I think currently we are only allowed 15 choices on the forum polls, I'll have to go into the Admin. settings and see if we can do anything about that since there are 20 choices here. You may be right that this one might have to be a separate poll to find out which one people like the best.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 11:35 PM   #13
EVERRET
Leopard Shark

10 Highscores

DISCUS PHOTO'S

Cool photo's, I liked 1 - 15 - 19 the best but i hope we could put it to a vote.
EVERRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 01:37 PM   #14
hpman77
Blue Angel

My favourite, without doubt, number 15. it's aaawesome.
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 02:15 PM   #15
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Then again a poll might be pointless. Remember that Jim has to get textures for his fish and might have to use what's available. The Picasso Trigger, for instance, is made up of three (I think) different fish. Let's not paint him into a corner (OK, that's what the whole wishlist thread is about, but how about a not so small corner then?)

/Tiny Corner

Old 04-21-2002, 02:50 AM   #16
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Jim couldn't find 1 good photo of the Picasso Trigger so he had to use several and do some work and make 1 from it. We could probably at least do a poll and let him know which one is everyone's favorite. It would point him in the right direction, but it doesn't mean that he could find what he needs to do it for us.
Old 04-24-2002, 10:41 AM   #17
feldon34
Forum Administrator

IXNAY said:

So colourfull, maybe we can have one model with different skins for this one too.
No, I agree with this one.

I'd like to see a half dozen Discus using the same skin. I'd hate to be limited to one.

Re: the saltwater Aquarium, a Facula butterfly is the same shape as a Threadfin Butterfly, and an Emperor Angel juvenile is the same shape as a Koran Angel juvenile. I think the effort put into the models could be maximized by adding more skins to the same model.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 10:56 AM   #18
drfish
the Doc

I really hope he does that too. I wasn't around when the salt water aquarium was first released but from what I gather it certainly didn't start out with the 21 fish it has now. Depending on how easy it is, it would be nice to have a few different Discus skins to fill out the freshwater tank a little when it makes its debut.

How many did the saltwater come with at first anyway? I'm curious about what to expect... I read about a new fish every month for a while or something... Is there a History of SSA thread around anywhere? I'm very curious. What can we expect from the first release of the freshwater tank (not features, but the process of rolling it out)? I'll be quiet now; this should go in another thread...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 02:37 PM   #19
Lightfeather

I like all the blue ones but number 15 has to be my favorite. I love those cool sky blue and light purple colors with the warm yellow highlights and dark black contour lines.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Lightfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 02:58 PM   #20
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

drfish,

You can check the past news here https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/archive.html for some information on past releases.

Last edited by Jav400; 04-24-2002 at 07:57 PM.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium