Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 07-27-2002, 05:13 AM   #1
mlucifersam
Registered

Embarassed Mac Aquarium

Just wanted to say that I downloaded the demo, was VERY impressed and purchased the full version! It looks and runs GREAT! Whenever anyone sees it they are gobsmacked and how good it looks! Very relaxing too! Like having your own fish tank that you don't have to clean out or feed!!
Regards,
Mark Jones
mlucifersam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 10:14 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, Mark -

My experience with Mac users has been entirely positive so far. Even bug reports have been polite and intelligent. Almost without exception the prevailing attitude has been, "We're in this together to make the Aquarium the best product it can be". Reminds me of my Amiga days.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 03:23 PM   #3
PaulTheEditor
Registered

Embarassed Almost makes me want to stop eating sushi!

Jim,

As an anal-retentive....obsessive-compulsive editor, I always appreciate the time and effort put into a high quality product.

I actually took a nap to the sound of the bubbles. Any chance of a plug-in that can make the Mac actually spray water mist on your face? I guess we'll have to wait for Mac OS XXXXVI?

I'm sure the 3D background will be worth the wait too.

Great job, Jim! Congratulations!
PaulTheEditor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 04:15 PM   #4
Unregistered

Just wanted to chime in to say this is excellent software! Downloaded the demo and registered in less than 24 hours. Keep up the good work and thanks for making an outstanding Mac OS X product.
Old 07-28-2002, 04:19 PM   #5
sfish
Registered

In fact, I liked it so much, I even registered in this forum!

Thanks again!
=-------------------------=
Steven M. Fish
Satisfied Mac OS X User
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 04:33 PM   #6
Unregistered

Angry Truly lovely

I have the Serene screen aquarium running on my dual 1GHz Mac on 3 monitors, 2 21" (1600x1200) and 1 17" LCD (1280x1024). Needless to say I have to run it at thousands of colors for it to get around 30 fps on all screens. However, it's quite beautiful even at 10 fps which is what I get at millions of colors.

Now since I have to work in millions of colors for my work and since Macintoshes can be easily made to change their color depth, can the next version of the marine aquarium have an option to change color depth if needed/desired?

Future purchaser of the Serene Screen's fresh water aquarium ...... and jelly fish aquarium.... and turtle aquarium.... and deep-sea bioluminescent aquarium... and...

- Roland Combes
Old 07-29-2002, 06:55 PM   #7
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Wow. Three monitors. That is quite a lot.

I decided against changing the monitor bit depth because I've had the Classic environment get sick when I did so.

Thanks!
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 08:47 PM   #8
Unregistered

I would love for the screen saver to automatically switch to thousands of colors when launched, then to automatically switch to millions of colors (or whichever your default is) when deactivated.

I'm not sure that this is what you were reffering to.

In any case. I just love this application!!!
Old 07-30-2002, 10:43 PM   #9
Unregistered

TO: Jim Sachs;
I just got my two cousins to switch to the Mac. OS X, the iApps and your Aquarium had them "thinking different". You might see if Apple can pay you a residual...

cheers,

Happy Mac OS X
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive