Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 06-15-2001, 05:06 PM   #21

Re: widescreen display

I just received a Samsung 240T widescreen monitor. Had to try the widescreen aquarium first thing! Breathtaking - very vivid and the proportions seem just right for the aquarium. Definitely an eyestopper. Wish I could afford this monitor at home too - it is, unfortunately, expensive.

Thank you Jim for the widescreen "bonus"!
Old 06-24-2001, 01:06 PM   #22
thebard
Copperband Butterfly

Widescreen monitor or not - looks great

Wide-eyed at the "teckie" details,maybe ignorance is bliss
Tried widescreen v. today. Looks perfect to me, no black border[letterboxing?], didn't adjust anything, 1024x768 as B4,17" philips 107s monitor,aquarium does look bigger & I like the proportions, still a realistic aquarium to me. If this means I need new glasses I'm not getting them.
The purple coral [or w'ever it's called] really "lifts" the visual effect. Thanks!
thebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2001, 04:56 PM   #23
MegaHertz
Registered

Re: Widescreen monitor or not - looks great

Here's one! Follow the link!!!

[c] <a href="http://www.panoramtech.com/pv290dsk.htm"> <h2>WOW</h2></a>[/c]

It's a shame I can't afford to plop down $23,000 for it. This is one monitor I would love to see the aquarium on!
Hello...Welcome to the Police 9-1-1 Hotline..." If you are obsessive-compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you are codependant, ask someone to press 2. If you are a multiple personality, press 3, 4, 5, and 6. If you are paranoid, we know who you are and we are tracing this call. If you are schizophrenic, a little voice will tell you what to do. If you are depressed, it doesn't matter which # you push it will be wrong anyway.
MegaHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 04:00 AM   #24
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Re: Panoram PV290 DSK

Mmmmmmm...

3840 x 1024 is a new resolution for me but I wouldn't mind trying it out...
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 05:08 AM   #25

Re: So where are these widescreen monitors?

is there software which compresses your screen into 16:9 format (from 4:3) like there is with 4:3 TVs with the 'Widescreen' button ?

maybe it will help make DVDs look better as well.
Old 08-26-2001, 01:33 PM   #26
hpman77
Blue Angel

About DVD resolution

Soory to reply that so many posts before, I was outdated, and I'm trying to read everything in a couple of hours

It was said that DVD resolutions were 768x480, but the DVDs seems to have a resolution of 768x576 (at least, that's what it says on my programs when playing DVDs
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive